1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying a Doll Because of Fetish

May 12, 2010

1. I love military(esque) uniforms so when I came across Ringdolls Valo I had to have him :B what breaks my heart is that they just came out with a bunch of uniforms but they're over $100 each D:

2. Elf ears. Every time I see a doll with pointy ears I'm bound to love it xD But I'm also very picky on noses and how they look in profile. If a doll has an narrow nose or just a very small nose, I don't think I'd buy it. Another thing is the breast size, I could never have a doll with boobs that look like they're going to poke you in the eye. Also, I love lips that has shape to them.
      On guy dolls I usually like the kind and gentle looking type. When I get my first male doll, chances are he's gonna be pretty similar to Haji from Blood+.

3. You know those floppy-looking deer-ears that soom does? I HATE Afi's face but I was SO temped by those ears! AND THE NEW MSD GOAT BOYS. I WANT THEIR EAAARRS. GRAH.

4. I'm guilty, because I love anthros!

And now, pipos has me hooked on their new cats!

5. I know how you feel. Those ears are adorable!

6. I look at eyes and lips the most.
      And on girl dolls, the breast size and body shape.
      That sounds a little weird, but I have particular preference to my girl dollies.
      Oh, and joints of a doll too.

7. I loooooove open mouths on dolls. That is the death of me. Every time I see a doll and end up liking it, it has an open mouth. xDD

Like NARIN. Omggg those dolls are beautiful.

8. The nose is very important to me. I somehow keep hoping I will find more lovely dolls with slightly crooked noses... Or just any nice looking nose. Hmm and cheekbones are important too I think.

9. hmmm well if I would have to point out my "obsession" its Fantasy dolls, things that make me a lot more attracted to any doll (even if I don't end up buying them) are:

- Elven ears. (and any other sort of fantasy ear)
      - Vampire fangs.
      - Hooves

and on an other note ......... guys with (bleach) white hair (I have yet to buy any of my boys a white wig..... I would not be able to keep my eyes off him) :drool :blush

10. my "fetish" is detials like veings in stomachs (Iplehouse!) and crazy backwards bending legs with hooves/claws/paws/etc :) theyre irresistable!

11. Hmmm... I'd have to say that I have several preferences that fit into that definition of fetish...

Boys: decent muscles, but not a body builder... The Fairyland active line body is just about perfect for me.
      Girls: sexy curves, but not the kind of chest that can double as a flotation device.
      Both: eye placement is important, I need to feel that they're expressive. Nose size too...I don't want a huge schnozz, but not a button either or a beak. But it all comes down to the lips... Slightly smirking or mischievous smiles will sell me on a sculpt faster than just about anything else. If I can't bring out a possible smirk with a face-up, that doll doesn't come home with me.

Other than that...vampy teeth, pointy ears, fox or cat ears/tails/paws/claws, hooves/horns...fantasy fixation.

12. hmm.. i have fetish for elf ears, cat and fox ears too.. best if they had a tail to come with!!! And horns~! :D

13. I admit I've got a bit of a misconception when I saw the word "fetish" lol
      I do like many types of boys depending on their looks but I do have a weakness for boys in white (especially those white-shirt/black-pants formal/aristocratic outfit). I also like certain mouth shapes, and if they look particularly sad or dreamy, that's a plus~ I do like some guys with smiles too though, it really depends on the sculpt.

14. I am obsessed with pointed ears. 3 of my 6 dolls have pointed ears ...

And the doll I am actually saving for has long pointed ears, too ^^

I can't get enough of them XD

15. vampires & werewolfs for me!

16. Cat ears! I love cat ears to bits. Especially if they're large and fluffy looking. If I could find a bjd that's got cat ears, paws and a tail I would be in heaven. Also, hands. Souldoll Chiron (Human version) has the most amazing hands! :fangirl:

17. I have a crazy obsession with smiling dolls. I would own all the smiley dolls in the world if I had the money. No joke. Luckily I've been able to grin home some of my faves, such as Soom's Euclase, Iplehouse's Luna Tamer, and the Unoa Zero Latea and Marion, and Bobobie's Charisma. But alas, there are dozens more I'd like to bring home!

Anotehr one of my "fetishes" is resin-winged dolls. I thought I would be safe from Spiritdolls' Moonless because I wasn't fond of her head sculpt... but alas, here she is, at home (I actually really love her now because her wings remind me of the girl in my avatar). Monzo? Same deal. Galena? Have to have her some day... in fact, I already have her head. Nephelin? Her head sculpt doesn't tickle my fancy, but she WILL be coming home some day. Luts LE Bory? Who cares if I don't have any MSD's, his wings are MINE!

Other minor fetishes include SD-sized cats, vampires with not-super-narrow eyes, alien-looking dolls, dolls with super toothy grins, and dolls with super shadowy default faceups, and sculpts with certain a certain eye shape (think Luts Abaddon, DoD Code No. 2, Crobidoll Lance, Luts Nyx, Infinitidoll Alex).

18. Natrual realistic face-ups, escpecially on males that look like MALES!
      Big shocker I know, but boy do I swoon for a manly looking BDJ.

19. Wide mouths,sharp noses, and squinty eyes :D

20. I have a elf ear fetish and a fetish for dolls with cat ears!