1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying a doll you thought you would never buy

Nov 11, 2009

1. ahah a Volks. cuz they're sooo expensive. and i ended up to snag Hijikata just yesterday ._.

2. I don't like SD sized dolls, since they're just too big for me. However, I ended up buying an SD boy a year or so ago since he just called to me. And he's been demanding a girl ever since, so eventually I'll have two SD dolls.

3. *laugh* ...all of them? But then I stumbled across my first doll, and I figured I'd never get a doll that was smaller. I felt that SD was just right, and went to town getting all the things I could for her.

Well, then the pukis wormed their way into my life. And then it was a LittleFee... quite by accident, I ended up with a MiniFee, who then needed another MNF... at some point, I realized my beautiful SD girl was simply not the right size for me, and she moved on. And then came the PukiFee... honestly, Fairyland ate me.

I recall once thinking I'd never have a Unoa, and now I do. In fact, she's my only NON-Fairyland BJD. And I felt that I'd never get another doll other than her who wasn't Fairyland... but I'm working on trying to get a Soom MD tiny. *laugh* I've just hit the point where I realize that "never" is an outdated and rather useless concept.

Because as much as anyone says "I'll never buy a doll in this size" or "I'll never get another one" or "I'll never buy a doll from this company," that's when Fate strikes and a doll from that company or in that size comes out that makes your heartstrings clench and your purse strings shriek in dismay.

You'd be hard-pressed to find someone in the BJD community who's made a "never" statement and actually held true to it!

4. I never wanted any tinies. Couldn't imagine a use for them. Now, my tinies outnumber my larger dolls, almost two to one. Also, I thought Dollshe boys were hideous, but now I really, really want a Dollshe Rosen (in place of the Bermann I know I'll NEVER be able to afford!)

5. I never thought I would even want a Volks doll. When I first started really looking into BJDs, Volks seemed like a company that was hard to get dolls from, was expensive, and was aesthetically displeasing to my newbie eyes. I was really into anime style dolls, like CP sculpted luts...

Oh how wrong I was... I now have an ever growing list of Volks dolls I'd looove to own. One day @____@'';;

6. I wasn't really interested in tinies, but now I have many I truly adore. The Yo/Lati Green size/scale works well for me, and I have a couple slightly smaller ones, too, that I quite like....and, I didn't want a male doll in the least, but now I'm in the process of hybrid-ing my second boy, and I'm really excited to have both in my resin family.

I didn't like the first Pukis, but then I bought a later one...I also wasn't keen on anthro dolls, but then I saw Bao, and purchased one. However, I've since sold both, heh. So perhaps my initial disinterest was a better response to these dolls for my collection.

7. Well, I haven't bought one yet, but the first time I saw pukis, I thought they were weird and unattractive, and I couldn't understand how my sister could think they were so cute.

I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but now I think most of them are just adorable! (and I *will* have a puki Lily, oh yes...)

=^__^=
      Anneko

8. I thought I wouldn't get a boy until I had at least five girl dolls..
      Now my second girl has yet to be ordered and my (bodiless) boy is here already..
      He's a Zack Fair Minimee, I couldn't leave him lying around at the MP.

I also thought I'd never get anything smaller than SD sized..
      Well, I'm getting a Puki Pipi and a Littlefee Ante some day!

9. I always said, that I want only SD girl dolls , but on some meet I saw MNF Karsh with muscular body, and my whole life of only SD dolls collapsed O_o
      next doll I want to buy, will be MiniFee with active line muscular body ;D

10. I never thought I would have male dolls, but now I have two and I love them to pieces! Never say never, I say!

Az

11. I'd have to say my first doll fits in this category, not because I didn't like the sculpt, more so of the size. I wanted a SD size but I bought her because she fit my budget and I could quickly buy her. I worked out a quick layaway and when she came home I was pretty amazed by her size. She ended up being a lot bigger than I expected. After I had her I wasn't a fan, but after the right wig, right faceup and a back tattoo and body blush she's now one of my favorite dolls. I also never really like tanned dolls. It's been awhile since I bought anything dolly so I started looking at the marketplace and I came across a limhwa tan doll and I was just like I know exactly what to do with her! I'm waiting on my ta return so I can buy her but I have a whole theme and a whole plan for her.

12. Tanned dolls. Thought I'd never want one. That I would stick to the normal and white skin tones. But it seems I like chocolate mini persons more than I expected. xD

13. I never thought I'd buy a Soom Monthly Doll. Though I think they're very original and in most cases beautiful (or cute), I thought they were too expensive and was sure I wouldn't be able to think of anything else to make of them, the fullsets were already way too complete for my tastes. Then along came Ai and Afi, and I fell in love with the little deer. I loved Afi's tan, and I loved the idea of getting a little faun. After a few days I couldn't resist anymore, so I buckled, coughed up the money and got her home.
      No regrets :)
      Then along came Chalco and Breccia and I was back to admiring the Soom Monthlies from a distance, because I just didn't feel the need to own them :) Hopefully (for my wallet) I won't get soomed again!

14. oh yes! The two bigger dolls i have now (Ariana and Caleb), I didn't even like them when I first saw them on their company sites. But after seeing some owner pics or a different face up I was like "Wow!" I just fell in love and I still do now :D My Ai, Dyani, was love at first site...and now they got the new fox/cat/something which would be great for Luna (at least the parts) ><'' doh

15. Never thought I'd buy any kind of tiny doll, and I'm currently saving for a Pukifee

16. hehe xD we should do a poll about this one.
      Seems like many people never thought to buy a doll and then did it.
      Well .. me, too xD
      I never thought i would like to have a Twiggy Yumi and now i love her to death.
      I also never thought to like to have a Pukifee and now i´m going to buy one.
      but maybe i shouldn´t be asked cause to be true ..
      i never ever thought i would buy any BJD x)
      God knows, what i was thinking in those days !

17. Oh yes, totally! I always wanted a boy doll and not a girl doll, and here I am with 3 girls! And I only wanted SD sized, and yet here I am with a tiny! Haha, sometimes, it just happens that way. :)

18. A doll in general XD, I'm not the doll type at all, I play guitar, and skateboard, not dollies. But here I am, on DoA and saving for dollie #2.

19. I never thought I'd buy a female doll...(I' a yaoi fangirl, so why collecting girls?) Well, the first one arrived last month and I really love her a lot! Now I've ordered some female heads at Leeke's event *_* Also there is an incoming Iplehouse Jessica...*sigh*

Also I never thought I would ever like Volks YoSD Colin - but he kept on staring at me from the pictures of his original box (I've ordered a Colin body for my other boy's head - he stared at me all days with his cute eyes, telling me "please love me! Give me a home!" - and I finally fell so much in love with him, I had to get his head for his body.

20. actually, the first time i saw it, i wasn't a huge fan of the migidoll ryu, even though that mold is so popular! D8
      but over time i grew to love that mischievous face more and more till i caved and ordered one in the february sale XD;;;;