1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying the same doll over and over

Apr 10, 2020

1. I've had a Doll Chateau Bella twice now. Sold them both. Now I'm getting her head sculpt again and hoping she'll stay because I had most complications with her body... DCs bodies kinda irk me lol. I'm gonna put her on a Doll Leaves body since the resin match is fairly similar. I hope she stays this time, she's the first sculpt I fell in love with.

2. Um... :sweat This thread is different to what I assumed it was. I thought it was to craze about owning the same sculpt in different versions.

For example, me. I have 3 full Fairyland Ria; one is a FairyLine 60 and Two Minifees: OE head and SP head. Totally fascinated by that sculpt for some reason. I’m sorry, I have never been in the same predicament as you guys.

3. I have had 2 different Ninodoll Iz (sold it and regretted it), and 2 different Dollstown Soph (one in fresh skin, then later one in oriental).

I think what I have been struggling with is I go "I love this doll!" but they have the same mouth shape or eye shape. Like when I had my Sio2 Taolu, I also bought a Kanadoll Jupiter and when I did a side by side they actually had enough similarity I knew I had done it again. They aren't the same doll, but they looked close enough that they would not be distinct from one another side by side to my eyes.

Now I chalk it up to that certain features on certain dolls will always appeal and I have a type. In a way it's been freeing because it means I can look at what I like about a doll, look at my collection, and really ask myself if I want that doll because it's a unique addition or if I want that doll because it looks just like something I have that I really love.

4. I had a Resinsoul Wu. It was my oldest doll I owned, and I eventually sold him to a friend. Then I regretted it, because I loved his character. So I bought the new one, but this time in light tan, and now that he's back and I'm so happy! I really doubt I'll sell him again.

5. I've had done it several times :) The list of dolls I had as twins or ever triplets includes:
      Resinsoul seng (2)
      Soom Benmore (2)
      MSDoll drayton (3)
      Zaoll luv (2)
      Migi Jina (2)
      Volks nana (2)
      Supia Rosy (2)

And that's all I remember without looking at my 'sold dolls' list xD

Generally I often had the idea that if I like a doll so much, then getting a twin would be a brilliant idea. Well, it usually never was (aside from my Drayton twins that are ever portrayed on my avatar ❤) because a) the primary doll no longer felt original/ooak and b) since they were faceupped differently, one was always less pretty and usually it was the newer one. So, I'd often sell away the addittional doll and, some time afterward, the primary one as well. Recently I'd been also considering getting a twin of one of my girls (to make a boy) but I remembered all the disasters in my dolly past and I withdrew and 'embodied' as male a different doll in my crew instead xD

Now, since I have a relatively small collection and intend to keep it that way (6), I prefer to have one of each sculpt only, to have some variety.

That being said, there are three main characters which I love so much and I've been reshelling them for years. 1.my girly boy Marcel: a prototype in Resinsoul,Seng, then Soom Amber, then MSDoll,Drayton, then Supia Lina Dreaming (once I understood that he *must* sleep). 2. My rock guitarist Vic: resinsoul dong, only doll...forgot the sculpt, migidoll jina, luts event head, now a devotiondoll sense. Vic is, in fact my very first OC and doll :) I'm supper happy to be able to finally get him back home. 3. A girl named Stacey that appeared meanwhile to balance the gender ratio: DIM flowne, NDoll Chesi, MSDoll Drayton, AiL Alice, Supia Rosy that's been my grail regardless of the character :)

I noticed that the appearance of the doll has a large influence on my perception of the character. For example, since she's a Rosy, my Stacey has become a stab-you-in-the-back cold fox, and a career-oriented office b****ch. The primary character was a mild, innocent and teenage maiden :) That's what DIM flowne felt to me whe I got her :)

#25 CutieKitty, Dec 25, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    6. Yes, I had that happen with Migidoll's Miho.
      First I got a regular Miho head, but then I sold it, because I wanted the Vampire Version. After a while I got the regular Miho again, but eventually I sold all of them. I still do believe that Miho (and Jina) are extremely beautiful sculpts, it's just that I generally prefer the mini doll size nowadays over SDs.

7. I had 8 Dollshe Saints at one time. Different resin colors and eye openings but I eventually got over my obsession sorta. I'm down to 5. lol

8. Well I have 3 Ji-zero from Dollzone
      2 cyborg and 1 human versión.
      And I’ll buy another one if I find one.
      I love them!
      Now I’ll send a Hong zhao from family h to naro for a new faceup, I know that I’m going to miss the original one so I’m buying another head.

9. I don’t think I have done this before. I do think in the near future I would probably buy multiple copies of the same sculpt especially if I like it or it fits the character I’m shelling. Maybe even if it has both a human version and fantasy version I like. In general I’ll only ever sell if I’m in financial trouble I don’t need a duplicate of the sculpt anymore as the character was axed. Either that or I don’t love the sculpt anymore.

10. and here i thought i was alone! i have one doll ive bought 3 different times lol. Minifee Ryeon in WS as a boy as my character Spooky, lets hope this time sticks. He's just a head on a temp body for now but im hoping to get him a new body this year. Theres also minifee shiwoo vampire as my character Basil (though that may be changing) that I bought twice because i lost the first one during a move QAQ....i also own 2 other DIFFERENT minifee shiwoo heads that need bodies.

11. I'd totally do this with Unoa Lusis just to have her in all skin tones lmao

But I haven't done it yet with her or any other sculpt!

12. Until a few months ago, I wasn't going to buy several identical dolls. But now I want to collect dolls by color and complete the collection. Even if they have same face, they have different charms depending on the skin color.

13. I've had something slightly different happen, but arrived at a similar conclusion. A Souldoll Freya, who I originally bought in grey resin for one character, who I then decided not to try to keep, and resold... only to realise very recently that her face is perfect for another character (but not in grey). I was definitely mildly frustrated to come to that conclusion!

14. Maybe, technically? There are a couple head sculpts I bought twice for different reasons (RS Long, Dikadoll Floyer as an extra). But, the cases that fit more in with this thread involve two Impldoll girls.

First one was Impldoll Azalea. I originally got her head in their normal resin (at the time) for a different character. Upon receiving her, however—I realized the head didn't work for that particular OC. So, I sold the head. But, before I did so—I realized the sculpt worked for another of my OCs. Problem, though? the head was in the wrong color. So, instead of keeping the head and trying to dye it, I sold it and ordered a full Azalea in a custom color.

The other case actually involves that original OC for the Azalea sculpt. This case involves Impl's Bernice. I originally ordered Bernice on the SGB body, and was content with her that way. Cue the release of their MGB with the extra possibility, and BAM—I became unsatisfied with the first Bernice. I sold her off before putting in an order for Bernice 2.0—or Bernice on the MGB body. Since then I have been much more satisfied with her. She better fits the OC over the prior SGB version, and hopefully I won't feel the need to switch her out again any time soon:XD:

15. I'm not sure if I fit into this category, but I apparently am slowly (but surely!) cornering the already small Shiwoo market. :lol:

Eons ago when they were first released, I was too young and didn't have my own money to buy new dolls with. So, I could only look on and sigh at the Cyber Bohemian Shiwoo and all of the others. It didn't help that they were a SUPER popular sculpt either! Sadly, I still haven't come across a Cyber Bohemian Shiwoo (maybe one day?!), but I still have managed to obtain 5 Shiwoos total. I know that I will buy more, it's just a matter of time....:wiggle