1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying two dolls with the same sculpt but different sizes?

Aug 9, 2017

1. I've experienced that too! I guess it all depends on how well the sculpt translates to different sizes :)

Aw your doll family must be adorable!!! :)

#21 ShannonPatricia, Aug 9, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
    2. Whyever not?
      I have a Littlefee Pipi, and I also have a pukipuki pipi, and they don't look much alike except for their sculpt features. I adore the shapes of the sculpt so I ended up with two! Heck some people have multiples of the same sculpt in the same size because they like it.

3. Oooh I like the idea of having the same sculpt but one human and one fantasy!! :)

Me too! :)

Omg you have an adorable trio!!!! I love the matching hair and eyes :)

This makes me feel better! I'm just so drawn to the Chloe sculpt. She's just so pretty :shudder

#23 ShannonPatricia, Aug 9, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
    4. Hello!
      This idea wouldn't appeal to me simply because if the fact that I prefer to have all my dollies be msd size. I like this so that they can share clothes and photographs between everyone is seamless. However, I wouldn't blink at the though of having two of the same msd's! Customization makes sculpts look so unique and individual!
      Good luck with your endeavors!

5. I think it would be pretty neat to have two dolls that are the "same", but different sizes. I would consider getting two, if I was in a situation where I really liked a sculpt and it came in various sizes.

6. Very true, customization is key :) Especially because my two characters will be quite different! Thanks for the well wishes~ ❤️

Thanks! Luckily only the Chloe sculpt would work in both sizes for me. If I felt this way about multiple sculpts, my wallet would never forgive me lol :nowords:

7. I have owned DollZone Mo in THREE sizes, and two colors! My second doll was a white skin MSD Mo, then I upgraded him to SD Mo. I also bought a yellow SD Mo for his future son. Then I bought a tiny Mo for his daughter. I've sold them all off, but I still have a weakness for DZ Mo.

Not quite the same, but I once considered owning all SD, but making "chibi" versions of my favorites, so I'd have my main dolls, but also tiny portable versions of them to take everywhere with me. I ended up not doing it because I decided to shell more characters rather than double shelling some.

8. Thank you; they're actually not just the same sculpt (Shiwoo), they're all the same character, too, which is why they have the same eyes and wigs (just in different sizes). :) I'd love to get the PKF size Shiwoo someday, too, so I could have one in every size possible!

9. Omg well they look amazing together!! And I'm sure the PKF Shiwoo would fit in like a glove~ a super cute glove haha :D

10. Not strange at all, I'd say... But then, I may be biased about that. I have LittleFee, MiniFee and Delf Shiwoos and Elf Shiwoos in my crew, and if Fairyland would ever bring the regular F60s back, I'd gleefully add a "big Karsh" to go with my MiniFee elf version.

11. Glad to see I'm not the only one with the FL/CP virus :whee:;)

12. It's, uhm... It's sort-of like the plague over here. :lol:

I started out with CP sculpts, and while I've sort-of "moved on" from Fairyland over the last few years most of that original collection are still part of the crew.

13. Haha! Very true. You've got good taste!

14. Nice idea, imho. :3nodding: Chloe are cute in all sizes!

I'm thinking about a child version of my Vina (Dollstown Azura) - Dollstown 7years Alina resembles her so much that sometimes I even confuse them with each other when find photos on the web. But alas I got too little money and too many more important doll plans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. I don't think it's strange. I've seen folks who have all three sizes of PongPong (FairyLand) just because they like the sculpt. I'd probably do the same thing, LOL!

16. I'm planing on getting a Myou Delia 1/6 and a Delia 1/4, I dont think its weird :D

17. It does not really matter, they are your dolls and your money so you should not really care what others would have to say. Also they could look very different, it matters what you do with them and how you style them.

18. it's okay ! my friend own Kliff and little Kliff from Little Monica and they're cute <3

19. I think some ppl buy same sculpt as twins. But for me, if i already got one sculpt, and i like it, i might get a closed eye version instead of a different size sculpt

20. i don't think it's weird <3 better to spend more to get what you want than half as much and not be happy