1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying two dolls with the same sculpt but different sizes?

Aug 9, 2017

1. Nope, not weird. If you really like a sculpt its normal to want more of it around. I own multiples of the same sculpt in the same size. I have 3 FID Arvids by Iplehouse and a couple in EID size to. I used the smaller ones for travel, its very hard to lug the big guys around.

2. Not weird at all, as well as multiple face-plates from Dollshe I've got a few doubles of certain heads too. Mostly they're the same character in different moods, but my Saints are different genders to each other, so there's that!

Then there's Sabik - I've got him as both the giant 9-10" elf-eared Mecha Angel sculpt, and as the far smaller just about 8" Super Gem sculpt. Again, as the same character under different circumstances.

3. Not weird at all. The size actually can make them look pretty different.

I don't see this happening for me personally, just because I'm primarily a Volks person. Volks tends to not make multiple sizes of a particular sculpt very much.

4. Wow, this just gave me an idea.

I could have a child "Sabine", happily playing with her toys in her backyard when the adult "Sabine" came and visit her from the future. Child "Sabine" didn't know what's going on and continued to talk to her adult version as if she's a just another adult from the neighbourhood. What's going to happen next? hmmm..

5. I don't think it's weird either. If I really loved a sculpt and I had the money, I would be tempted to get one of every size and version available because that way I'd have a complete set. Some dolls I would love to get are:
      Alice, Sleeping Alice and mini Alice from Alice in Labyrinth
      Daish and Petite Daish from Dollmore
      Dahlia and Petite Dahlia fom Dollmore
      Sarubia and Little Sarubia from Little Monica

6. It's a dream of mine to have a Lishe, Tan Lishe, Elf Lishe, Minifee Lishe, Chicline Lishe, and Littlefee Lishe. >.> I've got a few out of that list already, but the rest will probably never happen.

Oh to have more disposable income.....

7. I'm probably gonna do this with Ante just because I love her sculpt that much, and maybe Mako too.

8. I don't think this is weird - if you want a head sculpt, go for it! They might even look very different with the right faceup. I personally want the DollZone Raphael head in MSD and SD for two different characters.

9. Besides the fact that it's not uncommon, Chloe is so popular among BJD collectors that there's a fair amount of people who have several of her in the same size! What you're doing isn't exactly out of the norm. Plus, FL doll sculpts, with the exception of FeePle60 when compared to MiniFee, have different proportions, so it would be hard to tell that they're the same sculpt unless you look hard enough. This goes double for Chloe - her FeePle65 looks nothing like her MiniFee or LittleFee. So, if you're sure about the purchase - go for it!

10. I'm planning to have some duplicate-ishes - I mainly got my (DC) Ada because she's essentially a miniature version of Alberta (save for some simplification on her face sculpt and different antlers), so I'll be getting that duo eventually. And the fun thing about vinyls is that you can shrink them with acetone, so I'll probably end up with a few DIY different-sized sculpts as well.

The doll hobby is fairly homogenous already (every DD person who's anyone at all has multiple 01 MDD mods, Fairyland dolls are so popular that everyone seems to have one, we're adjacent to fashion doll territory and they all have the same mold, and we seem to move in cycles of "everyone has this sculpt") - so, if you can afford it, why not have more of what you already know you love? ^^ Different sizes of the same sculpt are still more varied than, say, a gang of seven or eight MNF Chloes, which I'm sure someone out there has, lol.

11. I don’t think it’s strange! If your really like the sculpt I’d say go for it! :thumbup I personally haven’t found a sculpt I like in two sizes (I have littlefees) but I’ve seen plenty of people who do have lots of different sized ante’s :sweat

12. I own both Dollmore's Lusion Dahlia and Illua Petit Dahlia, and honestly it was a little weird for me at first because I was inclined to style them similarly yet found myself favoring the Lusion (the one I got first, and my grail) so much more. Eventually I ended up restyling the little Dahlia completely differently so that they aren't comparable. It really helped! They have completely different hair colors, eye colors, and clothing styles so I'm able to keep enjoying their sculpt I love so much, but in different ways, which is fun :)

13. Iplehouse EID (NS) and FID (RS) Dexter. Couldn't afford Dexter in RS the first time round and went with the extra options on the smaller FID. They are meant to be the same guy and if anything I'm relearning how to shoot the FID version to bring out his character. I'm amused that he still has slight trouble finding non-company clothes that fit (tops with collars that don't look too big), that it became a long running joke all the way down to his OT non similar sculpt 1/6 self. :lol:

14. Same sculpt in different sizes and with all different face ups are a thing to behold. I didn't believe it until they began to live on the shelf in my house in real time.....

15. I have a Feeple60 Chloe and a Minifee Chloe, a Minifee Ante and a Littlefee Ante, a Minifee Mio and a Littlefee Mio, and soon a Harucasting Big Geuru and twin (YoSD) Geuru’s. Not weird at all. :D:XD:

16. I'm glad to read that it isn't weird at all by other doa users. I'm obsessed with the Volks F-01 sculpt and I want many dolls of that sculpt in different sizes, resin color, year released, and expression. ^_^;

17. Not weird at all! I have Delf and Minifee Breakaways, Delf and Minifee Soonys, twin Souldoll Elans, two different colored Fairyline Alicias, and am waiting on a Kid Delf 45 Maska when I have an old-style Kid Delf Maska also :XD: Someday I might also get a Feeple Momo to be a big version of my Fairyline Momo :D There are just some sculpts that speak to people, yknow? (oh- almost forgot my Snow Miku and Sakura Miku Volks girls!) If they make you happy, that's what matters :)