1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bye Bye Alice Cherry Blossom! Discussion

Sep 6, 2008

1. She does look so cute but for Alice that is not hard to do !

2. Very true, Alice does not try hard to look cute. In fact, she uses it to manipulate her owner into buying her cute outfits...

3. Outfits and little things like chairs and bed and food... I always wanted all my dolls to be one size so they could share stuff like furniture ,clothes and props but when I got my Alice that went out the window.

4. My anthros as of now are two sizes- two of the Alice size (one is on the way), and two of pipos pi size (one on the way). So, they can share some clothes. There are muuuuch more clothes for Alice than my slightly larger dolls...easier to obtain, or does she just make me with her cute? XP

5. I said it before and at the risk of sounding like a bore I will say it again but I have never looked at tiny dolls or anthro dolls but when I saw Alice I kept admiring her until I finally broke down and got one. I fell under her spell....it is the cuteness that gets you.

6. Astrid
      Oh that is the problem with Alice...I had the same situation...when she was first presented...I thought..." Okay...kinda cute..but....Who would want her?"...not me....but then....the more I looked at her....I needed to look even more....and then....I wanted her.....there is just SOMETHING about this pig and her family.....I had NEVER been interested in anthros AT ALL.....but then...there was Alice.....there is just a certain look in their eyes....and I LOVE them all now....go figure!

7. She is very addictive. It's good to know that pocket fairy items fit well. I have a few patterns lying around and never payed much attention to them since I didn't think they would fit anybody I owned.

8. Roseann

I know there has been a few times since I got her that bills were creeping up on me and I was like, Well maybe I should sell Alice but my husband wouldnt let me! He said she was to cute.

Calliope- She is so small but I had made a kimono based off of Alice for Puki as a gift and it fit well.

9. Oh Wow a thread just for ACBs BUMP this baby UP!!!

10. Alice and her Mom Victoria are such flirts....it's their eyes...you just cannot look at them and not be drawn in by them...I wouls never part with my ACB family!

11. SOOOOO totally There RoseAnn i have all 3 girls and I just Adore them Victoria, Alice and baby OMG SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

What eyes do you have in your Victoria? I still have the default blue but want something different - any ideas?

PS tried steampunk - sooooooo NOT! LOL!!!

12. I completely agree, it's as if the lyric of the song "Close To You" was playing in the background as Alice was being created..."On the day that you were born, the angels got together, and decided to create a dream come true..."! :D I cherish my little piggy girl, and am happy to have a first edition BuBu to keep her company. ;) Actually, I just bought two Elfdoll outfits made to fit Alice and William on the secondary market, so BuBu will have something new to wear besides his pajamas, and Alice will have another dress to model....clothes pig that she is! LOL! :lol:

13. Wow Julie C - I am totally looking forward to pics of your little ones!

14. Dollzwize
      I also left the default eyes in...I tried one other set...the ones without the black pupils....naw!......but went back to the ones they came in....if you find something wonderful...let us know.....
      I LOVE the ACB clan....boys girls babies....of all my BJDs....these are very dear to me...now TIGGY...don't take offense...if I ever get my Fidelia....she may then rule the roost.....you are definitely....
      I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR.....

15. I was able to use some 18mm *silicon* eyes on alice it didnt look to bad.. also I tried 9mm acylic flat backs that worked well . I woudl not think they would have but they did!

16. I'm asking this here because I wonder if it is a problem specific to her or just something else:
      My Alice CB has a very loose wobbly head, but it doesn't seem to be because the stringing is too loose- in fact the stringing seems pretty tight, her legs are a little kicky even. I was thinking I probably just need to suede her or something, but does anyone have any ideas about this?

17. bhevarri There are a couple of things you can do to determine what might be the problem.

One- Restring her completely
      Two-Replace her stringing with new
      Three- Check that the little metal ring that rest inside of her neck is not bent or broken and is resting properly in the little 'niche'

My ACB still has its orginal stringing and its head is not wobbly nor has kicky legs....

hope this helps!

18. Allrighty! I'll try fiddling with her to see what works =)
      Though I am NOT looking forward to taking her eyes out >.< I had to squeeze them into her head, so that'll be a bucket of fun hah!
      I hope I can get everything fixed up, and thanks for the advice!

19. LOL RoseAnn - Yeah, ACB definitely ruled around here till TiGGy showed up LOL! You gotta wonder what sort of guy is able to create such inimitably supercilious creatures as Alice and Fidelia's LOL!!!

Jeez Bhevarri - I got mine new when she came out and have no such problem. I do agree it must be the stringing though. Do Keep us Posted!

Thanks for the eye advice folks. I just cant think of what else would suit Victoria, but I keep wanting something other than Blue for her for some reason.

Oh Man the light sucks, but here is a quickie pic of Tiggy with her ACB clan
      [​IMG]

Aichan - Great clothing advice! ThX

Julidc - Too True!!! "Clothes Pig" Squeeeeeeeeeel LOL!!!!

20. dollzwize- I did get her used, so that could have something to do with it, but 'course I have no clue!

And what an adorable family you have =D Look at all those wonderful piggies!!