1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all males!

Mar 7, 2011

1. Hey I'm 20 year old gay male that has been collecting dolls all my life I started developing a character Lee Griffen Steeke sense I was in 4th grade when I came across bjds i was so excited to find a form for Lee which turned out to be my first bjd Bobobie Apollo I also have an Impldoll babies pinkie on the way :)

2. This still seems to be somewhat active, so I'll try my best... I'm not great at talking about myself. Either I don't know what to say or I say too much because of my anxiety- I sometimes don't know what to cut down- so I apologize in advance if I do either...

Tell us about you:
      I turned 28, but I frequently get mistaken for 16-18, because I look so young and I'm only a hair over 5'3. I'm also often mistaken for Asian, although I'm Puerto Rican. "Weeaboos" in a gaming store I frequent like to pick me up off my feet and badger me to say things in Japanese, or really stupid things like "broccori" until I do it to make them leave me alone. One of them calls me "Porter Asian". I don't think they quite understand that racism doesn't always come in a hostile form. e_e ...I guess I don't like going there anymore.

I do love anime, manga, video games, movies, and 80s music, movies, and toys. (...any-year toys, really. XD) If you know old cartoons, movies, and toys from the 80s and 90s, it's easy for me to like you. I know all kinds of useless trivia, mainly about games, movies, 90s shows... I love throwing quotes from them around with people who know how to reply.

I'm a freelance artist, and assist in making and repairing mascot suits for sports teams and businesses. I designed a couple mascots, like Hip Hop for Mercy High School in California (though they basically wanted a Lola Bunny clone, and I did my best to tweak it away from her without them complaining.) My artwork is even used on some of the official Rascal merchandise of the Harrisburg Senators baseball team here in Pennsylvania. (they were hard because they're not my typical art style.)

I guess I reinforce stereotypes, because I also happen to be gay, but whatever.

Oddly, while I enjoy ABJDs I'm still scared and/or disturbed by most dolls, like really realistic baby dolls or more traditional, American dolls. It's usually the eyes... No offense, though, if you like all dolls- I think it's weird I'm this way, too!

Tell us about your dolls:
      I have a Kizdoll Vince at home named Iris Voth, and a Kizdoll limited white elf Saiy head on a temporary, modded AoD body on his way home named Yukio, nicknamed Bambi, for his sweet innocent look. Both are secondhand.

Iris: Iris was only supposed to be a body donor for Bambi at first, but I fell in love with him before he even arrived and couldn't split him. Iris is... kind of a dick, may as well be in love with himself, and doesn't like to admit when he actually likes people. Still, he takes care of those close to him, often veiled with picking on them or coldness. If anybody hurts them, he'll beat an ass, though. He's really into fashion, which is too bad for him, because I'm poor, so ha.

Most of that is the personality he had with his previous owner, which really stuck with him, including his name. He's since developed a love of games like TF2, Minecraft, and Left 4 Dead. He has a real life quirk which I'm assuming is because of the way he's strung: He turns his head very sharply to the left and tips his head right, sometimes when he's very lightly bumped, sometimes for no reason. Perfect for shooting "JUDGING YOU" looks at people. XD

Yukio: Bambi is a stark contrast to Iris. He's very sweet, affectionate, and in his own way will be protective of Iris. (Keep him out of trouble or from getting too angry probably.) However, he's strange, and if he weren't a Kizdoll, he'd be a Doll Chateau sculpt because that odd, somewhat wrong but fascinating world is where he belongs. He loves scary movies, scary games and stories, and creepy and psychologically disturbing items/creatures (mainly cosmetically), but nothing that brings harm.

Tell us your doll experiences:
      My experiences have all been absolutely wonderful, and I have no idea why there are so many nasty things said about this hobby. A lot of hobbies, fanbases, and forums have mean or bad people in them, and I know that this one is no stranger to them, but I was terrified to come into it (I was a lurker for years) not only because I'm a guy, but because it's been crammed down my throat that 80% of the people in this hobby are nasty. NOT TRUE. I have met some of the most beautiful, wonderful, friendly, charitable, and supportive people in this hobby. I have not had a single bad experience yet. Granted, I'm new, but I was welcomed with open arms, helped, encouraged, and just generally surrounded by people who just want others in it to be happy and for new people to feel like they belonged. I've even gotten some friends and my big sister into ABJDs just by them meeting Iris.

The only negativity I've received so far is from outside. Friends saying Iris is creepy, dolls are generally creepy, or dirty looks at stores on the few occasions that I take Iris out places and don't want to leave him in the car if we stop somewhere else.

I've also been incredibly lucky:

My two dream dolls were the Kizdoll basic Saiy and limited white elf Saiy (there was a normal version I wasn't too interested in), when I first started to research what doll I wanted. I'm also close to poor and these boys turned out to be on the lesser end of the money spectrum. (fell in love with the right boys, I guess!) I didn't know the white elf was limited and became completely devastated when I found he had been sold out the whole time, and in my newbie ignorance was scared Saiy would be gone too. When a friend found an elf Saiy head for me, I got him and thought I could have him modded to be like basic Saiy. Then in searching for a cheap temporary body, an hour before I gave up searching and was gonna go to BBB, I found Iris in a Google search on LJ with extra goodies, and got him to give his body to Bambi. I planned to sell his head, wigs, eyes, etc. ...but Bambi turned out to be a limited white elf- didn't know til after I bought him- so I kept him as is, and Bambi and Iris were no longer a resin match, so no body sharing.

Now I have two boys, one of them the one I always wanted to be my first. ...practically for the price of one doll, no less. :lol:

Sorry for the length...

3. Tells us about you:
      I'm a 23 year old field research technician. I spend most of my days in a corn or soybean field. I have a BS in Environmental Biology with a minor in Biology. I played football from 7th grade til senior year of college.

I like to read, write, play xbox, watch anime, and collect various things. I have 2 rats named Al and Smokey.

I'm straight

Tell us about your dolls:
      I currently have 2 dolls and am waiting on my third.

First is Alice, she's a AoD 1/3 Meng Li. I bought her b/c I was getting tired of waiting for a Dollfie Dream. Found her on ebay and fell in love with her cute face. I asked for normal pink skin, but I got normal yellow. But I'm wouldn't have her any other way. She has turquoise hair with black highlights and blue eyes. She's shy and nerdy like me. She can often be seen holding her stuffed Mario.

Second, is Kara aka Power Girl. She's a Dollfie Dream Dynamite with an 02 head. I haven't gotten around to making her costume yet, but sooner or later she'll have the trademark costume complete with the boob window like it should be. She has blonde hair and blue eyes

My third girl is still being processed. Her name will be Danifae and she is a ResinSoul 1/4 Ju in Deep Grey. She's named after a drow from R.A. Salvatore's The Spider Queen. I doubt she'll be that evil though lol. Like any "good" Lolth fearing Drow, she loves spiders.

Tell us your doll experiences:
      I discovered this hobby as a result of anime. The moment I saw Gurren Lagann I became a Yoko fan. When I found out there was this huge Yoko "figure" aka Volks DD Yoko I really wanted it. That's until I found out the price lol. So as a result I settled for a create your own DD. And as I mentioned before I was getting impatient waiting for Volks to restock. I was browsing bjd clothes b/c they'd fit a DD and I came across Alice.

4. I guess this is kind of an update I now have added a Hujoo berry girl (Alice) to the family and will soon be getting a RS Mei. I would actually love to meet more guys in the hobby straight or gay does not matter to me. I do not know any other guys in the hobby around me.

5. This thread, and the other group-specific discussion threads, are being closed. Please see this Announcement for more information.