1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all males!

Mar 7, 2011

1. haha its okay any1 is welcomed! I just wanted a place where guys could talk to other guys as well :).

I agree! There are all sorts of people here. I really love it to be honest!

2. O=

About me: I'm a 22 year old male who is actually homosexual! x3 I enjoy drawing, writing, and photography. And of course... dolls!

About my dolls: I have a 1/6 right now, but that's it. I had other ones, but they got cycled through due to different reasons. My current one is a transgirl and a spoiled little pink princess. She's an Angel of Dream Le Le (modified) and I am constantly making more clothes for her. =P

I'm currently saving up for a B & G Ymir, though I can't decide between him and B & G Sharon.

Doll Experience: Well, I actually look quite a bit like a girl (long story), so the experience I've had with my dolls and public are leaning more toward 'look at that person with their doll' instead of 'look at that guy with his doll'. Most of what I've gotten is stares and curiosity, as well as a few admirers and one or two questions. I've never had anyone approach me and ask why I have a doll when I am male, which I am thankful about.

Some of my friends think my dolls are creepy... one of them is mostly just interested in the fact that they have naughty bits... but everyone is supportive. My family sometimes rolls their eyes, but none of them have ever had a problem with me or my dolls. My cousin is obsessed and wants one of her own.

My boyfriend is supportive and is always telling me to spend my money on something pretty for my doll, instead of buying something for him.

3. About Me:

Hello everyone!!!!! I'm pretty new to DoA!!!! I turned 26 y/o last month so to celebrate that I ordered an Iplehouse Akando!!!! I'm into Anime, Doramas, Jpop, Jrock and now more into Kpop!!! I consider myself a big fan of all the Johnnys family ( Arashi, Kat-tun, NEWS, HSJ and Kanjani8!!) I also like Bigbang and SUJU!!!! kindda a crazy boyband fan!! hahaahha
      My Dolls
      :
      I ordered on Feb 13, 2011 my first BJD!!! It's an Iplehouse Akando!!! I've been in love with this doll for years but never thought of getting one until I began working and I can afford one now!!! wiiii

My Doll Experience
      :
      None yet!! I'm waiting for him to arrive hopefully soon... Will update when it gets here....

4. @Icepuppet

B&Gs are soo beautiful *__*

Ah dont worry I have a bit of a girly look to myself too :X..

Im glad you have a supportive bf! <3

I got my younger sister into BJD and she is currently working on buying one. I cant wait xD.. Im moving in with her for a while and its going to be amazing!!

KPOP HAS TAKEN OVER MY LIFE SO HARDCORE JUST SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

GEEE DRAAAGOOOOONNN

OK I will stop now xDDD //also a fanboy

Cant wait to see your new doll!

5. HAHAHAHAHAHA I love G-dragon, Taeyang and TOP!!!! MY god,, TOP's voice is amazing!! Teayang is sexy!!!!!!

6. TOP is holy crap let me just stop right there. because if I go on about his SEXY VOICE I WILL MELT!!! Though his speaking voice is kinda funny xD. I watch Kpop live streams (Inkigayo and Mucore) and they had TOP talking and I was like "Wow.. really? Did.. not expect THAT" XD

I want to keep going about him but maybe this is the wrong place xD.. Do you have a FB? :D

7. About Me:
      ~ ~ 14yr old doll enthusiast. i am the youngest in this thread and i am just chuffed beyond words about that. my join date is about when i first discovered dolls, and i was in single-digits (age) at that time. so i've been into them for about five years now. my other hobbies are making sculpy items, roleplaying (mono roleplayer, only with my best friend), and minecraft. probably more i'm missing.. oh, also, i don't date. i'm not asexual.. just maybe.. pan? and i haven't found the person i like yet. OTL

My Dolls:
      DS SA (modded by me to be normal) Hound - Berlin
      and possibly coming soon is
      Unoa Sist - Armani

My Doll Experience :
      i've had three dolls since i started. my first was about four months into the hobby, a Soom Dimo which i've sold since. the one after that was a DoD Tender Bee-A, who was sold by one of my favorite people in a leaving-the-hobby-sale. ~ v~ now my Hound, who has been one of my dream dolls, is home. at the moment he's with my best friend, who is also a guy, lol..

8. @Maikitty

Nice to meet you! Oh I wish I discovered BJD at a young age~ My collection would be extreme right now *___*.

And hey dont worry about the non-dating! I dont blame ya. Its good to find the right person rather then to date a bunch of people you end up not clicking great with :D

9. I agree with you!!!! I need to find Mr. Right or Mr. Doll Right, Mr. Asian Right, etc!!!! hahahaahha btw what do you mean by FB? Facebook? Fan boy? Freaky boy? LMAO

10. Bloodberry~ Ohh, that's got to be wonderful! I only have one friend who has a doll and I gave it to her, but we don't ever get together! Make sure you get lots of pictures of your dolls together, that would be super fun!

xDD I meant facebook

I def will take photos :D

11. Tells us about you:
      Well, I'm a 22 year old lad, who enjoys watching terrible movies and am an amateur writer (despite being published in papers I hardly consider myself a writer).

Tell us about your dolls:
      Well there's 9 now, Sarah, Patrick, Syrinx (the MSD's), Zoey (the lone yo-sd), Ivy and Lily (the brownies), Prudence and Piper (the twins) and Clover, the man! (actually a little girl)

Tell us your doll experiences:
      Not a whole lot to tell, I am the only guy in the doll group here, doesn't surprise me, though have met other men who collect dolls. It seems at every meet some form of animal attacks me or I get the bejesus scared out of me...
      good times though

12. Tell us about you: Alex. 23. Here, queer, and completely lost.

Tell us about your dolls: Tantalus is my Migidoll Ryu, first doll I fell in love with. Zin's a Minimee Kaulitz twin (floating head :C) who desperately needs a makeover; he was the first I owned, so I owe it to him to make him as beautiful as I ordered him to be.
      I'm trying not to even investigate any others until Zin is fixed, but I'm really craving a mini something or other to wear a lot of white and rainbows.

Tell us your doll experiences: Mostly letdowns, unfortunately. The head I requested was not the one I got, ended up damaging him trying to get rid of things I had not asked for, kicky body didn't end up matching all that well (meh)... person I attempted to commission clothes for disappeared, ordered clothes from Dollmore with massive complications, Dollmore clothes did not fit... and no one around me supports my new hobby. Haven't been to a meet, can't sew as well as I used to, and everyone just rolls their eyes at me. It sucks, I feel very alone, but it's not stopping me. I'm determined to be happy with my boys, and they will eventually be as great as I always dreamed they would.

So there.

13. Hiya! Ok sooo im 25 and if my screen name is any indication i. Am a bit out there. I like to draw, watch anime, love cartoon network and can sew, bead, and do crafts very well.
      as for my boiz i got 2 from Dream Of Doll. One iis a DOT Camine and a DOI Luke both who i love much. Also have a head for Code 2 but i rather Camine use his body.
      as for myexperience, i love posing them dressing them and all that involved. I do slightly chat with them and take lots of pix. And def like to meet another guy who like to play with the boiz and not think it weird. =/

And since were bein opn, yah i am a homo...but im def not a stereotype!!

14. Frustrating! You're not alone! I'm up here on the peninsula... Redwood City.

So there. ;-)

15. Hate to be the trend-breaker, but I'm 24 and straight as a ruler. (Don't take that the wrong way, though, I'm about as accepting of other orientations as it gets.) I've actually gotten into the hobby with my girlfriend, so while I'm waiting for lottery results on my first doll, she's already ended up with two of them! I'm a professional photographer who hasn't achieved a particularly large amount of success, a bit of a car buff, and aside from various nerdy hobbies, a pretty average guy. I also go to conventions and shoot cosplay.

We're coming into the hobby out of the anime and figure-collecting community, so at the moment, we're in the vinyl end of things. She has a pair of Dollfie Dream IIs, one is an M-bust body with a DDH-01 that she's done her own faceup on and the other, which we just got, is the new "shapely" L bust body with the custom-faceup DDH-02 that was available to buyers of Volks News 40 magazine. She's an experienced seamstress and costume maker, so she's making and selling clothes, which the dolls will be earning their keep by modelling! As for me, I'm just hoping I win Beatrice, as she's both a great sculpt and a character I really liked.

I have to admit, though, that there's something about resin that's pretty cool, and after being at Volks USA over the weekend and seeing the huge variety that they alone provide, I'm afraid I'll end up with a "true" BJD eventually. Wouldn't be opposed to a male doll either, provided I liked the design.

Among our friends, entering the doll community has been kind divisive. Some of them hate the "creepy dolls". Others (mostly online "friends" that we only see in person at conventions) already have them, and one couple that we hang out with frequently in real life just bought their first doll at the same time we bought our second! I'm looking forward to attending the doll meets at Fanime and Anime Expo later this year. It's funny how quickly it's taking over our lives. We just bought a new display case to house the dolls (a Besta from Ikea with double glass doors, it matches the entertainment center we already had) and had to rearrange and rethink that whole side of the apartment to accomodate it. I've gotta admit it looks really cool even empty, can't wait to get the dolls in it.

Sorry, I guess that was kind of rambling.

16. @misterfrost

You made me smile. That is a rare and precious thing and I thank you. Do you go to SF meets only, or the San Jose-ish area ones as well? We really must join forces.

17. Tell us about yourself: My name is Nathan, I'm twenty-one. I found dolls when I was.. about sixteen/seventeen.. but I didn't buy my first doll until I was nineteen, I think. Time flies!
      I'm interested in quite a few creative hobbies/past-times, and I love pretty things.. So I'm not surprised that I'm in love with this hobby!

Tell us about your dolls: I have a Dollzone Yue (modded) called Jake. He was the first doll I bought, and he's a tad on the big side for me.. but I don't think I could really part with him. My MD Ryu, Rhydian came next. I LOVE Migidolls, and every single Ryu I saw just made me want one even more. Last but not least are my Zaoll Luv twins, Rory and Piper. Piper, being my only girl gets alot of my attention - but Rory has a way of melting hearts.

My Leekeworld Patrick head is currently away, being modded and faceupped. She'll one day be Hedwig - from the movie Hedwig And The Angry Inch.

Tell us your doll experiences: I've had many incredible moments in this hobby, but also bad ones as well. But it doesn't put me off forever! I'm a regular attendee at meets, and often am one of the loudest (and excitable) there. I've met some awesome people. I don't really get the, "but you're a guy.." Very often when it comes to this hobby, because I'm a pretty camp and effeminate guy, so once people get to know me.. this hobby is just on a list of many hobbies people would raise eyebrows at xD

18. Wow its so nice to see so many guys here! Seeing so many different guys here with different hobbies and such reminded me of a gaga lyric!

No matter gay, straight or bi
      lesbian, transgendered life
      I'm on the right track, baby
      I was born to survive

OK OK ANYWHO (I love her XD)

19. Hi, Guys!!

Tell us about you:
      Probably a tad older than most of the guys here, at 51, and straight enough that someone calls me "Grandpa" - or will do, once she learns how to say the word! My wife and I share our love of BJDs and the friends we've met through them - I got her into it around 2005. Since ever, I've been into animals of every sort, from tropical fish, parrots and reptiles to some of the most exotic and fearful critters ever to stalk the earth. I keep a parrot, pythons (though not the giant ones) and fish, and express my fascination with dinosaurs by drawing them and occasionally hunting their teeth and bones.

Tell us about your dolls:
      My first BJD was Elfdoll Soah Nozomi-Cho, who I adore and still have. She is, so far at least, my only non-Volks doll. Other resins in residence include SD, SD13, SDGr and SD16 among the taller folks, while the little angels are Yo and Sei-Tenshi. James, over there in my avatar pic, is the newest fellow, but won't be for long, as FDQ Ami Ayase is due before too long. (Not being impatient - there're bigger things to worry about in Japan than shipping dolls to the U.S.!)

Tell us your doll experiences:
      Shortly after discovering BJDs and this forum, I clicked on a link - and felt a bit of my heart disappear into the indigo eyes of the doll on the other side. The only way to bring it back was for the doll to bring it herself! That began a journey that led me to places I never thought I'd go - from meetups with local BJD fans who've become some of my very best friends to writing articles for FDQ to offering to help out at the Dolpas iin New York City, to visiting Tenshi-no-Sato in Kyoto, Japan as Volks' guest last October. I wouldn't trade my experiences with BJDs and SDs for anything!!

~Bruce

20. I hope it's okay if I jump in here for my boy friend (friend who is a boy, not... you get it) Tres. We're both in Georgia. >_>

He's 28. He's straight, but he dresses like Mana from Malice Mizer, so it's not unusual for him to be mistaken for gay(or a girl). He likes Jrock, lolita fashion, dolls, and really needs to make an account here. DX

He's got four and a half dolls. A Soom LE fullset Heliot, a DOD Ducan, a Volks SD13 Link, a HZ Ao Zi Tian, and we just ordered a Soom LE fullset Trond (He's gonna take the sleeping head and outfit). He may be selling his Ducan, which makes me sad though.

I can't say for sure, but he's gotten some pretty bad reactions to his crossdressing dollyism. It's kind of sad, but it's (thankfully) not enough to make him leave the hobby. I don't know if he's met any other doll people @_@

Sorry, i just kind of raided y'alls thread. I wish there were more guys in this hobby, y'all bring such interesting ideas to the table.
      Er, /rant. <3