1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all males!

Mar 7, 2011

1. Tells us about you:
      Well, I'm 19 and straight, I draw, write, I'm into Comics, Vampires, Books, Anime, Video games and Pro wrestling ^^

Tell us about your dolls:
      I have a Iplehouse Ryan called Selim. He was the first doll I bought, and he's wow :D I'm in love with this doll ^^
      coming soon is an Unoa Lusis - Nike and possibly a Soom Teschen and or Sueve......
      Hoping to someday buy a Mozo.....

Tell us your doll experiences:
      I've been into the hobby for almost 4 years I don't have a lot of public experiences with my dolls. My Mom don't like them but try to be happy for me. My Brothers think there's something wrong with me but it's for many other things T_T. Only a couple other people know about them. I have made some great friends through the hobby none the less. :)

2. So glad there's a place here for us ; u; <3

About Me
      I'm a 17, gay, artist. I like to draw illustrations, paint, sew, cosplay, read, sing, play the piano, dressing up, doing my hair and make up, and... probably lots more but my mind it drawing a blank.

My Dolls
      I have 2 complete dolls, one head, and saving up for a forth. I have Bia, my first doll, a Soom greyskin Monzo, I fell head over sneakers for him the first time I saw him and made sure I snatched him up before he was discontinued. He is a half human, half demon... big story but he's mostly dead (xD). Then I have a white skin DZ Annie names Anome, she's an android who likes to learn about different cultures. And my little head is a yellow skin DZ Mo name Penicillian, or Pen for short, and he was a science experiment, my mom calls him Jack the Bodyless or something after some old Sci Fi novel o wo~ And finally right now I'm saving up for a white skin DZ Joe, who I havent decided on his name, but he's going to be a messenger.

My Doll Expierence
      Becuase of my other quirks that I've always had, be being interested in dolls didn't bother my mum so much, though my dad won't talk about it. I tried taking Anome out once but had a really awful expierence because of who I am overall, so I don't think I'll do it again unless I'm going to a meet or around other dolly people, though I don't have any dolly friends yet, even though I've been in the hobby for quite sometime now. Even though I know a lot of people look down on it (You know, getting those comments like "boy's don't play with dolls") I won't give up becuase ignorance can't be let alone to spread. There will always be people who don't like it, but hey I'm having fun! > u<

3. I think you and I are going to be friends lol

About Me:

24 year old post grad that's just chilling in sunny (and HOT) California with my beautiful wife, Staria!

My Dolls:

None as-of-yet. I'd had my eyes on a non-bjd doll (the Alna DD from Volks which I'd even had planned to model up as a high priestess from Ragnarok Online), but after much thought and second-guessing, decided the money would either be best saved/spent elsewhere. Maybe someday :P

My Doll Experience:

Pretty much introduced to "The Hobby" by my wife out of the blue one day. Since then I have accompanied her to a couple of doll meets, help give suggestions on her dolls, and even helped sponsor a doll meet back in February.

4. About me: I'm Twenty and I dont need to state the obvious, I'm Male. A few years ago a friend got her first abjd an iplehouse Ryan and though he isnt to my taste, it opened a whole different door for me In december I ordered my first doll a Bobobie, Wu. My family seem to think this is completly normal of me (I'm a rather odd chap) I'm told often that he looks like me which is a compliment, yet worrying (as he has a glare 24-7 and looks at everything like it annoys him.. which yes. ok that fits me well) I'm Lacking in sexuality completly. I'm failing to see what gender of person you like, has to do with the hobby. Things I like, Wrting, Manga, Vintage horror ok this bits ranty and long enough...

my dolls: Lanius, my Bobobie/Resinsoul wu, His twin Daiki - a Bobobie/Resinsoul Li on a wu body was ordered on the 4th of this month.

Doll Experience: I get a lot of strange looks I suppose, but I'm not one of those people to let that stop me, those who judge have nothing better to do, Now and again You do get the loud and rude whispering

5. Tells us about you:
      Am turning 30 tom LOL I am in the human resources industries (no we do not yet send workers to other planets just other countries) I am usually buried in work but during weekends its a diff me that surfaces LOL

I have an IH Chase Magician as my first BJD, he is named Oberon. Second is a Soom GS Monzo named Silas and third one is a shared doll he's a Switch Hahwa named Damien Cain who is the youngest and is the most spoiled one LOL. Currently on the hunt for a Dollshe Bermann. They have been helping me get relaxed when am so tired from work and they also excite me when we are expecting something from the EMS office LOL they make me sad when I dont have enough time for them thats why every week end i spend time with them. They also give me a reason to go out meet friends and meet new people and learn about photography, sewing and helping unfortunate kids ( our community support an NGO which holds artwork classes for less fortunate children)

I saw an interview of the owners of a virtual band, Mistula, on a local show and I immedietly wanted my own bjd. Since they are Volks dolls I googled for volks and the site I opened was the Volks site and their basic dolls were not so inviting. (I had no idea about customization then). I was turned off for awhile.

Then I learned of IH and Soom and DoA and then our local doll community ManikaManila and my list of must have dolls became longer and longer as i learned of diff companies and sculpts LOL.

Members of our local community have been very helpful to me. DoA friends and MP Sellers have also helped me tremendously so I would have to say that my doll experience is relatively a positive one. Also I was prepared for the nastiness that was on my way for a male doll owner (regardless what kind of doll as long as ur male ur not allowed to have one....a very backward and conservative country am in).

There are also male dollowners in community but are veeeeery few.

6. Hello boy people!!!!!!!

7. Tell us About You: Well i'm 26, and i live in NY. Pretty much been a fan of japanese culture so i've kinda dabbled in different areas with figures, models, anime etc. So being into this hobby i casually checked online one day for blogs regarding i guess "Otaku" stuff and i came across dannychoo's blog and i've been a subscriber since. He's pretty big into dollfie and he has atleast 10+ dollfie dream dolls and that is what got me hooked.

Tell us About Your Dolls:
      ATM i own 2 Dollfie Dream dolls, 1 modeled after Alna(which was my first) and i have the one modeled after Saber Lily. Lately i've just had like a summer/winter outfits but i'm leaning towards creating a specific character with them. Like a knight or a goth or something to distinguish themselves as a doll with a theme.

Tell us About Your Doll Experience:
      One word, Expensive lol. Each doll was about $1000 to acquire and then clothes which comes out to about $100 an outfit so it's kinda like shopping for myself when i'm online and trying to find deals etc lol. But i wouldn't trade them for the world, i have them on my pc desk and they look amazing

8. About Me^^:

I am interested in
      -photography,
      -music,
      -dolls(that's why im here.),
      -games,
      -cars.

His Dolls:

DZ_Morphoa (share with hhisprincess (user of this forum too) )
      *DREAMS DOLLS* a Volks.

His Doll Experience :

well, i love allina. that's why i decided to share it with my girlf.

started to be interested when i met my girl and she brought me into craze and im stuck with it =D

anyway, dolls that looks pretty or "chio" are my kind of dolls

9. Ok ware too start well name is Pete ANd im a dude duha lol 38 I have 9 bj's and take mine everyware i go my boy go's every ware with me from the auto stor too the motor cycle shop Harley D and so on i dont hide them and i dont care what people think so for that we have a blast when we go out I look like your biker style / metal head dark person long hair tattoo's and body mod's ect. my sex preferance idk realy dose it rrealy matter ? been colecting doll from the age of 7 year's old i think that sum's it up :)

10. Tells us about you:

I'm Ian. I'm 34 years old and I teach college. I've lived all over, born in Kentucky, lived in Pennsylvania, France, Japan, and now permanently in Canada. Also, as my mother likes to put it, I'm gay as the lilies in bloom. :P I discovered BJD back in April 2010 when I accidentally stumbled across this. I was intrigued enough to bookmark it and I kept coming back to look over and over. In November, I went to my first doll meet and that's when I firmly decided to have one. Besides dolls, I enjoy writing stories (I have an online web series.) Video games (Disgaea is my favorite :)) All manner of music, from Cascada to Nightwish. I enjoy manga mostly of the yaoi/bishonen variety these days. And watching hydroplane races. Interestingly enough, I've never been interested in dolls before. Even when I was a kid and liked G.I. Joe, I was more interested in the vehicles than the figures.

After the November meet up, it came down to finding the one I wanted. It was between DoD Sha and DoD Luke V2. I picked Luke V2. I ordered in early January and received him in mid February. I have named him Rhoskel and he's a dancer. :) He's also a sarcastic little twit, but you pretty much have to be if you want to live with me, as my boyfriend is very much aware. :P

My mother's reaction has been the most amusing. Let me set up the contrast here:

(Years ago)
      Me: Mom, I'm gay.
      Mom: Okie dokie.

(Recently)
      Me: Mom, I wanna spend $800 on a doll.
      Mom: WHAT?!?!?!?!

She was never into dolls before either. :P

It's been great having Rhoskel here though. I've made a character out of him, which is always fun for me. :) I have been able to practice my photography skills, which were quite awful. Generally, people's reactions have been positive. Most people have been curious enough to know more. A few have given me the "Wuh?" face. One is terrified of dolls and refuses to look at him. :P

[​IMG]

ISF

11. Tells us about you:
      I am a 23 year old graduate student. I love writing, reading, and photography. I work at a video game store and do tend to play my fair share of games. I have always enjoyed manga and anime which helped me to discover BJDs. Also, I moderate a Youtube channel with a few other people called "The BJD Addicts." We make video and written prompts, to get BJD fans talking about their hobby. I just made a video prompt about guys and dolls and would LOVE if some of you guys made a video response to it! (The video link is here!)

I have three dolls. I have a Dollzone Fenyo-2 (Izumi), Soom Faery Legend Mixi (Rin), and Dream of Doll Code-02 (Sakura). Izumi, the Dollzone girl, was my first. Then a few weeks later Soom came out with Mixi and I had to have her. While waiting for her I devised a doll storyline in my head and decided that there had to be at least 2 more characters included into my doll family. Izumi just had to have an older brother, and then I bought Sakura in January. I love buying them things, taking pictures of them, posing them, and just looking at them. They're prettty. :)

I first discovered BJDs around 2006, I think. I somehow came across the Dream of Doll website and I would visit the page every few months. I finally caved and decided that I had to have one after doing some more research over the summer. Overall, I've had a great experience with my dolls. I was feeling depressed and BJDs really helped pull me out of that. My mom complains about how much they are and that I'm a boy who owns dolls, but she does find them to be visually pleasing at least. Her new favorite thing to say is that I'll never find a boy who will accept my dolls. I'm making my mother sound 10x meaner than she is. Oops. :p My friends don't really care one way or another, but they are mostly concerned about their price if anything. I'm glad that I have good friends and they just care that I'm happy overall. :)

12. @Zelgadis: Nice pose! You're making me want those DOI bodies again damn you!

13. This cracked me up:

I'm glad to see how many guys are here!

14. I tend to barely post since I hop on and off but yeah xD;;

Tell us about you:

I'm 24, tend to be very lethargic and enjoy napping and lazing and so forth. Mmm... things I enjoy doing would be gaming, a goth-lolita fashion obsession, cooking, and listening to music!

I've got a Kid delf Darae named Marion and a dollmore model doll Ipsae Monahan named Lieselotte. I haven't really developed any characters for my dolls or given them a back story. For now they're both sisters though, and Marion is a spoilt princess who tempts me to buy her clothes all the time, making her older sister jealous xD;

Tell us about your doll experiences:

Knew about BJDs for about 7-8 years, and finally gave in and got my first one last year in february. This followed with the next one coming in on october xD;;. Pretty much refraining from purchasing more (see how long that lasts) Most of my family don't mind the dolls, although I didn't tell my dad since he's a very traditional chinese parent, and from the way I see it, if he did know about them he'd probably freak out.

In terms of friends they find out and its either "Ooo, they're pretty" or "...dude... whats wrong with you".

The dolls tend to follow me everywhere though, when i travel i bring em along, and starting to be more open about it in public and less bothered by the judgemental stares from onlookers xD;. Family is kinda like >:( stop bringing one of em everywhere... it'll get even worse since I plan on getting a littlefee, and they're really easy to bring everywhere >:D

15. Ha! The DOI bodies are impossible to resist! Mwa ha ha ha!

In all seriousness though, I am really loving on DOD in general for their stability. :)

ISF

16. @Zelgadis - Still lovin' that dancing boy of yours. This pic is SO win! And btw, your username makes me smile real big :>

@Smayocat - OMFG IS THAT PICTURE WITH THE LOBSTERS REALLY YOU AND REALLY REAL. do you take them on walks. can i be your bff. thats FREAKING AWESOME.

17. Zelgadis: Stability is good! I live in an old house that shakes when you so much as walk to the bathroom, so I'm always on the lookout for good stable standers. Also, just want to say the Luke v2 was one of my early favorite sculpts, so I was biased to like your boy even before I saw his awesome posing ability!

18. Lol yeah those really are real lobsters and that is me. They're all long gone, eaten and faced the forgotten horrors that is my digestive system xD;;

19. @Smayocat - you are made of awesome. I wonder if lobsters and dolls would get along. That'd be one heck of a photoshoot...

20. @vanzinger: You're a BJD owner too! I never would have guessed from your DA page. Took a bit for me to figure out who you were and how you seemed to know my DA page so quickly. :P Now, this "Kaulitz" of yours... Would that have anything to do with Bill Kaulitz at all? :D

ISF