1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all males!

Mar 7, 2011

1. @Vazinger I'd be more scared of the lobsters getting the dolls wet and maybe eating their hair or using their claws to crush bjd joints. I don't think yelling at them would go well either...

Bad Lobster! BAD!

Hrrrrklaklaklakalaklak -pinch-

2. @Zelgadis - Haha! Yup. I have no pictures of them because a) they're not finished, b) I have no camera, and c) I'm probably the worst photographer this plane of existence has ever known.
      AND YES, it has EVERYTHING to do with Bill Kaulitz, absolutely. Light of my life, fire of my loins... The head was sculpted to be suitable for either or both Tom or Bill, and I got one secondhand that someone had designated as Tom, so I can't rightfully say altogether that the sculpt is one or the other.

@Smayocat - Hahaha! So they're not all that tame as I thought... Disappointing. I think they'd be a fine mount for Pukis...

3. Tell us about you:

I'm 25 and I'm an unemployed hobo living in upstate NY, enjoy music, anime, anything japanese, photography and have two cats.

Tell us about your dolls:

I have two girls and two floating heads at the moment.

Tell us about your doll experiences:

I'm kind of burnt out from the hobby, so I don't exactly post anymore. But I'm trying to get back into it. About he only thing I really do anymore is go to the local meetup.

..................SO HI.

4. Lol....well at least your mom wasnt cutting onions for tortillas at the time....wasnt sure if she was crying over the gay or over the onions =/. Definately a more receptive and intrigued reaction to the dolls i got though. Course i adjusted the cost a bit so wasnt so much a shock =)

5. @vanzinger: Oh, Bill Kaulitz would make a great BJD. You should start taking pictures. You should see my first pics after I got my boy. I didn't upload them. They were terrible. :P I'm getting better though, and you will too! :) Now, if I could get Ian McKellen and Viggo Mortenson as BJDs, then my dream trio would be complete. :D

ISF

6. @Zelgadis - There are a couple pictures in a gallery on my profile here, but you'll find the resemblance isn't THAT great. I'm going to be having him modded so he looks a little bit less... masculine... As far as pictures go, though, all I have is an awful camera on my phone. Always takes blurry pictures, and the lack of flash and focus makes decent pictures kind of a joke. I COULD get a real camera, but then I wouldn't be able to afford any more dolls, and where's the fun in that?
      There is a MNM sculpt of Viggo for sure. I've seen it for sale on the Marketplace here a couple times, so you may want to keep an eye out for that.

7. Hi everyone !Another boy in DOA

Tell us about you:

I´m 19 years old , i´m spanish ( europe ) and i draw , write novels , enjoy listening to music and photography also i am studiyn nursery .

I already have , Nörka , my Tania from iplehouse , and Mathieu , Spinel from soom , also i am waiting a Super senior delf Cane , who will be named Bernardo , and i want to buy a Dollshe Saint in the future , this doll is one of my favourites of all dolls in the world xD

In general , my doll exepriences aren´t bad , i have met a lot of people in this hobby , and they all treat me very well , i think i enjoy this hobby a lot , in spite of i have selled once all my bjd collection because it wasn´t the dolls i wanted to have , i buy the real molds i loved in spite of being 3 or 4 times more expensive than the anothers.
      And i am very happy about know ther are more guys like me in here at DOA , i always thought i were the single guy in this hobby :D

8. You know what guys, iits pretty obvious that most of us in the hobby are artistic is some form or fashion. Thats pretty cool thing to think about. =)

9. oh boy how i wish parents in singapore have a more open minded mindset :l

10. I once thought that myself. Rather, I automatically assumed that almost all male BJD owners would be as gay as I am. Turns out that I was mistaken. :P

@racoondevil: Yup, I think that's a fair assessment. I like to write stories. I wish I could do photography as well as some of the others, but we can't have everything, it seems. What's yours?

@Zenotonedark: Believe me, where I'm from, most parents aren't all that open either. Yes, I live in Toronto now, and it's great. But I'm from Kentucky originally. I was lucky to have a yaoi fangirl as a mother. :P

ISF

11. Im moving back to NY in 2 days.. and will be an unemployed hobo until I find a job xD

12. Yay ! Now i live in Barcelona , its a big city and is not the same than living with my parents in a small town ,also i agree , we all have some artistic view in our way ^^

13. Tell us about you:
      Well, let's see... I'm a 48 dude in a long standing relationship...writer, photographer and artist/badge artist for several Anime/Sci-fi conventions. Have dabbled in resin GK building.
      Own's home, works 80+ hrs every 2wks, and am a RABID WarCraft Gamer much to the chigrin of my partner. I am also interested in anything STEAMPUNK. And have cosplayed as Qui-gon Jinn from SW-TPM.
      My 1st girl I looked long and hard for as she had to have that certain facial sculpt...that classic beauty. E-So, a DollMore Lilis Liv, SD-13 (modded-open eyed) - 1 of 50. My 2nd was a SOOM Glot who in "human" form is the child version of my DM Liv. My 3rd is a RL of my WarCraft character... Tailia- Dreanei Mage (BBB- Ai). 4th doll is another WarCraft character... Ravenwings...NightElf Hunter (BBB/RS Mu-Dai hybrid). I adopted a BBB Luna who is my 5th girl and currently waiting for my DollMore IpsaeMonahan to arrive home. She shipped yesterday. When she arrives, she will be the adult form of my character E-So.
      Since I'm one of 6 or 7 guyz in our doll group -DFW RESIN DREAMS- I'm in good company....and not the oldest one either. My family just sort of accepts my interests and leaves it alone. As a long standing follower of the band KISS my family is very tolerant of my hobbies and interests. I have taken E-So to many conventions and have gotten pix of her with celebrities like Annie Lockhart, John Billingsly, Neil Kaplan... and others.
      [​IMG]Don't be shy where's the pix of you guyz with your resin beauties ...male and female dolls?

MasterJinn & E-So

Ok guys she's home. May I introduce "E-SO" age aprox 26
      Dollmore Ipsae Monahan - LE50. with Leekworld horns and Green Dollmore glass eyes.

[​IMG]

14. oh man-we can be unemployed hobo's together! Jobless hobo's unite!

15. Tells us about you:
      Well, I'm a 26yo systems analyst in Pasadena, CA. I live with my committed partner and our two crazy cats. I'm addicted to Halo, World of Warcraft, geek culture, and steampunk. I love indie films, horror movies, and Japanese pop culture as well as traditional culture. On a side note, I'm also a science and astronomy geek, and a hardline atheist who enjoys scientific discussion. I speak and read Japanese (though my writing is atrocious and I'm a tad rusty), understand Spanish (the language of my people!!), and speak a fair amount of French and German. I'm into art and photography, and enjoy multiple trips to Disneyland.
      I'm also interested in costuming, and totally into Steampunk, so if anyone in SoCal ever wants to meet at the Edison for a 21+ dolly evening, I'll totally make table reservations!!!

I currently own what amounts to four complete dolls, with the fourth being a technical as it's a body shared between two floating heads.

My first doll was a DoD Homme Ducan, whom I ordered blank and has finally settled into his character of a demon hunter master.

My second doll was a LE Spirit Doll Dark, who perfectly embodies one of my oldest World of Darkness rpg characters, Talon Godchild. That boy has become the clothes whore of my collection.

My third technical doll was an LE Illusion Spirit Cantarira, but I disliked the body he came with and sold it - he's currently a floating head. His name is Riekin Vistani, and he's a vampire hunter.

Dolls three and four are also Spirit Dolls - a Spirit Doll Thorn and a Spirit Doll Firson. The Thorn is my oldest writing OC, named Samael Dominais, who hunts vampires and demons. The Firson is my fandom take on the Master Chief, from Halo, and will eventually be getting doll-sized MJOLNIR armor made for him. Unfortunately, currently he and Riekin are sharing the same body until Riekin gets one of his own.

I've also got, currently, a floating NS Soom Euclase head, that will eventually be put together for my favoritest of all Deadlands Reloaded characters, my Huckster, Hunter Adelaide!

Tell us your doll experiences:
      I became aware of the doll fandom some time ago, while on exchange in Japan. I couldn't afford to get into it until 2008 though, when my boyfriend Adrian and I moved in together. He surprised me on our first anniversary living together, by buying my Ducan for me (which to this day remains my most favorite doll).
      I'm fortunate enough to have a partner who is also into the hobby - most of our dolls are purchased as companions to one another. My family doesn't quite understand the obsession, but as I'm financially independent their views don't quite matter to me. They're used to me having weird interests, and have never really understood them or been supportive, but I think I'm slowly converting my mother to being interested after she saw my doll of Samael.
      I take them with me quite a few places - I'm not as actively involved in the doll community in SoCal as I work Mon-Fri and sometimes need to rest on the weekends. Moreover, I can be a bit standoffish, so I don't think that's helped my case much. I do have several very good friends in the community though, and I visit them quite often, especially vampireanneke.

16. 21 year old living in the US.

I currently only have one doll, but my second should be arriving around next week.

17. Me
      I'm a 42 year old gay tech-head living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've always been a collector of various in my life. I'm a photographer by trade, so BJDs fit in very well for inspiration. I'm also very interested in making clothing, costumes and small sets for them, though I haven't quite mastered the sewing machine yet (I keep trying!).

Them
      I currently have 4. A Leeke Lyonne head on a Luts SDF body, a Leeke Richard head on a BBB body, a Dollmore Eve - Aileen (LOVE her!) and a Dollzone Leo.

Us
      I found BJDs in late 2007. I saw a Dollzone doll on Deviant Art and was completely fascinated. Over the next few months I was constantly researching and comparing. I was on a mission! :-) I finally ended up getting a DZ Hid and a DZ Rey. I loved them, they were subjects for photography and inspirations for writing. But, like potato chips, you can't have just one!! So, I got a DZ Wing and a DZ Leo. My ex husband was not too thrilled my new expensive interest. I ended up selling all of them due to relocating to Mexico. I actually missed having them around. Fast forward to January of this year, I had returned to the US and was intent on creating a new family, which I have for the most part.

I haven't encountered any negative reactions other than the ex-husband's. I take the out to photograph them, most people are pretty curious and impressed upon seeing them up close and speaking to me about them. My family is used to me being "quirky" and a collector so they've been cool with it.

I'm currently creating a website/project involving the dolls I have. Should be cool.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cheers!

18. (<------------- girl)

OMG!!! I LOVE "Headwig and the Angry Inch"!!!!!!! You HAVE TO post picks when he is done!!! (or she depending on your preference) I always have problems calling Headwig either, as the character inbodies both so well... my favorit quote of all time comes from that movie... Though I don't think a quote about Jesus and *you know who* realy belongs on a board like this... could be offensive and all...

19. Tell us about you... Im Neil and Im 30 from the North of Yorkshire, UK. Im the long term partner of weirdsparkle on DOA. Im a horror journalist, clothes maker, painter, musician and general grungy geek. I love comics, music, games and horror films. You can find my horror zine Necronomicon on Etsy here

Tell us about your dolls... I have a Soom Super Gem Lazule and a Dia, plus an Elfdoll Vivien, a Notdoll Pandora and an Inkling. I have a Spirit Doll Abies on the way. I have been through a lot of dolls since discovering them in 2006!

Tell us about your doll experiences... I discovered BJDs in 2006 and have been designing clothes for them since then, I have a seamstress who makes the clothes and we sell under Lindyloo, we have an Etsy here. I live with my girlfriend who is also on the forum and we have a house of dolls! Shes more into MSD and I like SDs but we are both getting into mature tinies. My friends generally think me getting into dolls is completely 'me' as Im quite creative, like feminine things and like creepy things. Im currently learning how to make puppets!

This is a really good thread! Im interested in chatting to other guys about dolls, especially in the UK. I have a couple of male friends into BJDs, as many as I have female friends into them!

20. Welp sir, I consider myself something as a Jack Of All Trades. Foremost im an artist, i love drawing and creating characters. My style has been called hype-realistic, as in it can exist BUT is overly done and lavish. But i do many other things, bein resourceful of course. I can build things if i need at times a well as many types of crafts.....and sew. And to a certain extent i have an eye for details, things most peple cant see that is there or wrong i can detect easily. =)