1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all males!

Mar 7, 2011

1. Haha, sure thing! And Hedwig will be a she. I just handed my faceup artist the DVD, and said.. go mad! Lol.

2. You guys have pretty dolls. I am so jealous of you. I was always curious if there were boys/men in this hobby.
      I like to think I am a guy, but I am not a guy. LOL So I'll just leave it at that, and I enjoyed reading through this topic. <3

3. Considering there are a few pics of people with their dolls and what not, I feel like I should post up a pic of em. There is a picture of me face down in my profile... but its a picture nonetheless!

So anyways! Here are my two dolls, Marion on the Left, Lieselotte on the Right (they don't have last names due to my inability to think of one that I do like)

[​IMG]

4. @Smayocat: sure enough hes face down....though i am guessing he is preparing lobster when they decided to attack. Very disturbing notion. But interesting.
      I however post my pic proudly...and yeah...im more or less a peacock. Love being the center of attention here. Its the middle child law....when your #3 of 5 children that happens. =) not to mention i am by no means have an "aesthetic deficiency" lol

5. Oh yeah I actually forgot to actually maybe show my dolls here? Also I'm starting to make doll-related videos on Youtube, I think the next few will be about my sculpting BJDs, instead of bought ones.
      Anyway this is Bia, Soom Monzo ;
      [​IMG]
      and Anome, my DZ Annie
      [​IMG]
      Sorry the only thing I have to take pictures is my webcam right now xD Getting a new camera for my birthday though

6. Me?
      I'm a 37 yeay old gay man and while I am out of the closet my doll (hobby) is not. Spent the last 15 years in retail. I have a moderate to extreme interest in all things sci-fi/fantasy. Read a lot of hard science fiction, the stuff that makes you think. Doctor Who and Torchwood are the shows that will make me end a phone call with pretty much anyone, so i can watch. I have collected everything from action figures to 1/4 scale mixed media statues. I only get what appeals to me, I'm not about having/collecting them all.

My Doll(s);
      Just got my first about a month ago. Bishonen House Logan. He's named Sebastian. When he gets some clothes and I get a decent camera, pics will be posted. Now let me sing the praises of Donn, at Bishonen House. I received a doll that is COMPLETELY finished. Face up done, body blushed, three different face plates (all with faceups) and an extra pair of feet that are smaller and without detail so when he wears shoes they will be in scale with the rest of him. Donn was OUTSTANDING to work with.
      Next on the list is a Dollshe Saint and an Iplehouse Arvid.

Experiences;
      Introduced to the hobby when I saw a SOOM doll at, of all places, a flea market. I asked about it and was fascinated by what I was told. My jaw hit the floor when I was told the price, only later did I come to find out it was pretty fair. So I went home and Googled "BJD". Was hooked ever since. Took me about six months to decide to buy one, torn between Dollshe and Bishonen House. BH won out, best choice ever! Now that I really know what I am getting into look forward to a few more dolls in the near future.

7. Me:
      40*sigh*ish, straight white collar corporate employee. I've been a fan of anime and manga for a long time now with a large collection of animation cels
      http://evilarrex.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
      and other misc otaku related junk.
      I first discovered dollfies when they were featured by dannychoo. Coming off an already expensive but sunset anime related hobby (since they stopped using hand painted cels in anime from 2002) - Dollfies became my next major anime related collectable.
      Dolls:
      I mainly have Volks DDs and SDs. SD Suigintou and Lieselotte (whom I have cosplayed as Shinku - since I despair ever getting the original Volks Shinku). DDs Saber, Rin, Saber Lily, Mari Illustrious Makinami, Natsuki (who I intended to cosplay as Asuna off Negima) and MDD Maria Urashima.
      Experiences:
      There are a a few other DDs and Doll collectors here in Auckland and I managed to organise a table exhibiting a few of them at the last doujin festival. We generated a bit of fun attention and I did speak to a few people about the Dolls.

8. Just popping in here, as I've noticed a few of you have a loaction of "upstate NY" and wanted to invite anyone in the Albany area to our monthly meet ups. Thread is here LINK. Okay, I'll be on my way then. :3

9. About Me:
      I'm 45 years old. I could be 20 and still be interested in the hobby. It just wasn't there. Video games: I fed the machines with my hard earned money so that you guys can enjoy the video games of today, Activision WAS around in 1984. I like to draw in pencil and I like to craft jewelry. My hobbies are collecting anything that is shiny and pretty. Currently I am learning solid modelling and CNC milling. It's easier than trying to sew doll clothes. I made a pillow and a canvas duffle bag when I was in sixth grade. I don't know why it is now I struggle with making a T-shirt.

My Dolls:

I only have one. The other two I gave to my daughter. She has a Volks Sakura and a Dollmore Elf Mio. I have a Dollmore Elf Mio.

My Doll Experience :
      I have been to a few meet ups and have enjoyed the people and the dolls. I would welcome negative feedback from close-minded people.

10. About Me:
      I'm sixteen and I've been into BJD for two years now, along with many other geeky little hobbies to keep me running around. :)
      Um, well yeah I'm gay, but looking at this thread I'm pretty sure that's not a requirement for liking dolls. I guess with everyone's boy characters being gay, everyone assumes the boy collectors are too? I'm into video games, cartoons, books, and music. I'm kind of not picky about genres as long as they've got some kind of "otherworldly" crazy sort of theme.

My Dolls:
      Just one right now, my hybrid MSD named Mickey. He has a Bluefairy Tommy head and pretty soon I'm expecting to get a Bluefairy Olive to be his girlfriend. <3

My Doll Experience:
      I've been to a few meetups and had a really great time. The doll I ordered was the first doll I ever saw in person, and I actually got into dolls when I was looking into an ongoing art project I'd been thinking of and saw that BJD's were already very close to what I'd had in mind. Lucky~

There are a lot of older guys here, ^^; I'd assumed maybe BJD would be popular with younger people for open-mindedness related reasons. But I'm guessing it's the disposable income budget that makes the difference?

11. I would have to be irresponsible to come up with disposable income. Is there such a thing?

12. re-edited this, had more to say :)

oh and I'm straight, is that weird? :P

13. I think the gays finally beat the straights in number. Lol well, either way, i think its cool the straight guys dont mind carrying a little girl or boy around. I think it takes alot more nerve for a guy to carry a bjd around. With the gay guys, its kinda expected, dont you think? But back to the real subject.....me! Blah la la la la lah.....=)

14. ???
      How do you mean irresponsible? Disposable income refers to the excess money in one's budget when factoring housing and maintenance finances for basic living, money you use to buy extra things like dolls and clothes is called disposable income.

15. yeah, I don't go out and meet women carrying my dolls lol

16. You probably won't see me carrying mine around, except at something like a con, or securely in a carrying case.

I don't think I mentioned it in my post, but I wouldn't mind a male BJD at all. I'm in vinyl right now, and there's not much available, but I'm really tempted to get an Iplehouse some time down the line.

17. I have carried my biggest boy around with me, and.. I'm not terribly comfortable with it. I'm not in the best area currently, so anything could happen. I like it best whilst in my doll groups, or with my dolly friends. Not sure how being gay makes it any different when it comes to carrying a doll around, to be honest. Maybe it depends on your area? But yeah, it would be adorable to go into a gay village, and see men carrying their beautiful dolls.

18. I dont care either way, if i want to carry my boy out I put him in my backpack, have him snuggle my shoulder, and walk around doing my regular business. I live in a normal area (center texas) so i do get alot of stares and giggles. Yeah some people give me smile when they see it, and may even ask about him, but others not so much. I once made a lil boy cry, i guess he had a fear of dolls....that and my boy had red eyes at the time. =)

19. Exactly, in my budget there is no excess money. It all goes to needs, and needs have to come before wants. I go on living because every once in a while I will be irresponsible and take care of a want.

Just today, a guy pulls up in his car at the gas station pump across from mine and says to me, "I'm from out of town with my kids. Can you spare some money so I can get gas?" And I replied, "This car I'm driving is a rental, and the money I'm using to fill the tank is not mine either. I don't have any money to spare." He said, "That's OK. You don't have to explain to me. God bless." And that was all.

I don't get in the car and drive around until I'm out of gas and money. No. I stay home. I was returning a rental from a conference using the company credit card to refill the tank. Gas prices are high enough that any budget I thought I had has already been trashed.