1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Can she make you cry ? (Your Perfect Doll)

Apr 6, 2010

1. I didn't cry, but I nearly did when I first saw the Kalix promo pictures. I had been variously saving for either a DZ Chen or a DOT Lahoo, but when Kalix came out....I literally felt like I had been punched in the chest, that's how strong the reaction was. I've never felt so strongly for any other doll. Kaizer is very very dear to me. If anything bad happened to him I certainly would cry. ^^;

2. Hmm, I'd have to say my Soom Cuprit was that feeling. As soon as I saw her pic I went 'ooo, Dreanei~'.(A race from World of Warcraft:sweat) And I have to say when I opened her box it was definitely confirmation; even with no face up she was gorgeous in my eyes. Pretty bad that even partially completed she only competes with my oldest, Verthandi for attention. Vert was the one that got me hooked and set the bar for what I expect in my dolls though.:lol:

3. That's my Carlyle, my Volks Williams. Honestly, when I first got him and opened the box, it was a little hard to breathe. I'd been wanting him for years and finally, I brought him home! I teared up a little when I got his right wig and had him dressed. He was just so perfect. I'm still so amazed I have him. He's honestly one of my ultimate dream dolls, and I'm so lucky I was able to bring him home! Just thinking about when I knew that I was going to get him (since it had been an auction), ahh, I was just so giddy with excitement and disbelief and happiness. It's a good feeling. :)

4. A lot of people have brought up other art forms evoking strong emotions. For some reason I had never really thought of it like this! BJDs, in my opinion, are definitely beautiful works of art, and worthy of making people cry, laugh, or be overjoyed!

After giving it a little bit of thought, many art forms make me teary-eyed, or evoke goosebumps! Such things as great emotional acting, musicals (Phantom of the Opera, OMG), and classical compositions (Yoko Kanno's "Subaru" for the X Character Files just makes me cry...and Sarah Mclaughlan's "Angel" makes me weep...).

Anyway, I looked at the Amber database, and it was kinda hard not to cry! She is just so freaking beautiful...and I can't has! Noooooooo! :(

5. I haven't really cried yet, I just get overwhelmed by their awesome and keep when I keep coming back to a particular doll on a site I know they're the one. I'm probably going to fangirl when my Dark arrives, since he's my first fullset, grey and just that cool. ^_^ I do, however still stare at Nekros (my Abadon) everyday and have to make myself believe that I do infact own him and yes, he does look that gorgeous. *happy sigh* I can say that if I ever do get a DOI Luke and get him modded to look like the Collection Black Luke I'm sure I will cry... (That's a plan for waay in the future though. ^^)

6. Oh yeah... With all the dolls I've looked at and loved I get this good feeling inside.

But God, with my grail Suigintou... I get a little turn in my stomach whenever I see pictures of her. I got to see her in person, actually, at a con last year. I was kind of afraid to ask to take a picture because... wow... I hope someday I can afford her. ;(

7. Weirdly, as many other things do make me cry, I haven't cried over a doll yet. (Er, that day I do get a Williams, I might just *L* Or heck, a Hijikata . . .)
      I do fall for dolls hardcore sometimes, and a box opening is an emotional experience. A great picture in the gallery can move me. One of my crew looking especially cute/beautiful/in character can send me flying. I definitely get giddy and excited at times in this hobby!

8. I love dreams - But they can be kinda cruel.
      In addition to being the inspiration of my thread , that beautiful doll visited my dreams last night.
      Waking up. . .can suck really bad sometimes.
      And darn my subconscious for being so cruel !

So an additional question , for anyone who cares to answer , is being added to my first post.

9. Like most cynical hardasses, I happen to be rather sentimental when it comes to beauty, like shedding a tear or two listening to Mozart and such. However, when it comes to dolls, I've experienced such strong emotion only recently, and it had little to do with the doll and more with my own investment of effort. Recently, I worked for many hours to put together a character design and the outfit, hand-sewn and hand-beaded each hem, and that's after more hours of drawing, and pattern making, and general trial and error. The final result made me cry. Not because it's perfect (because nothing is) but because at that moment I knew - I honestly did my best. It's a wonderful feeling that doesn't happen often in life.

10. Look at my sig. Every single doll in there has given me such a strong response. I haven't cried, but like others have said, breath escaped me and I thought I was being punched in the chest. Because I couldn't stop thinking about them I did everything in my power to bring them home. I am extremely fortunate I was able to get them all. Now, the only one I'm still searching for is Kanon Louis.

11. Your extremely lucky to have gotten those dolls.
      I wish I was as lucky.
      Lucky = Not Broke

12. I envy you so much...If I found Euclase when he was still available I would do anything to have him. But somehow I managed to avoid him (even though I am such a SOOM addict) until just about a month ago. And I fell in love. I have never felt so strongly about any other doll. He made my heart beat so fast *_* But getting him these days is impossible so he will probably be only a dream forever, unless I am ve~ry lucky.

13. I didn't really cry... I kinda just stared into space. I couldn't believe I had my doll! XD It was shock.

14. I don't cry but I know the "perfect" doll...for me

15. Just the other day I saw a Volks Suiseiseki for sale on the MP. She was so. Adorable. I seriously almost started crying. I sent the seller a PM multiple times but she ignored me and ended up selling her to another user ;_;
      She is now my dream doll, but I'm slowly noticing how unattainable she is. Which makes me want to cry more.

16. I know! I want a Rozen Maiden too!!!

17. I'd be worried if YOU cried , my dear.
      *Nudge Nudge*
      Kidding ~

18. me too lol

19. This happened to me only two days ago, with what will soon be my ... gosh I lost count, at least doll 15 I think :sweat

I cannot stop looking at this guy (DOI Luke)... I have him as my laptop desktop and phone wallpapers so I can look at him wherever I am... I have read all the gallery threads and box openings... I am borderline obsessed :D

I love feeling this way about a doll... and as I have bought him from MP and seen pictures of what he really looks like (not just company pics)... I can't wait until he arrives :aheartbea

20. I've had very strong responses to most of the dolls I have. Others were right for the character but I did not feel like my heart was in my throat when I first laid eyes on them. SA Bermann was like that. After looking at dolls for a few years I had never had such a strong response and he was the first doll I bought. The other dolls that completely haunted me until I found them were HyperManiac Omicron, Kanon Yui and Volks SD Michele. I recently came into ownership of a Custom House Chowon whom I'd always loved and finally found a reason to buy. My other dream doll is not a doll I need for my cast so no excuse to track him down but maybe one day I'll go in search of HyperManiac Dong-ha. sigh.