1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Can she make you cry ? (Your Perfect Doll)

Apr 6, 2010

1. My dream doll is Iplehouse Kamau (ok that's the last time I'm going to say that on this forum ;)) and I didn't realise it when I first saw him, it was just after he'd sold out and he is only ever available as a limited in various resins. I was hit with something like a thunderbolt of ecstasy and gutted at the same time; and I have obsessed over him since last may. I haven't cried but now he's for sale in tan resin and I'm putting some money down on him this week, I expect I will most definitely cry when he finally gets here! "Yes he's mine, I finally have him, after all this...gulp...glurk...:...("

Er..there was this one time...I didn't actually cry but I did get an onion in my throat and tears needled my eyes when I opened a christmas present from my sister in 2008 and it was DIM Archernar (and I still don't know if I'm spelling his official name right). My first bjd ever and it was only a month or two after I'd discovered they even existed. I couldn't believe she would do that for me especially because at that time she was in a low paid dead end job. He was a doll I had fallen absolutely in love with, I think he looks like a really mischeivous Peter Pan, but I never dreamed I would own him because at that stage there was no way in this world I was going to pay that much for a doll (oh how this hobby warps your mind :lol:).

2. Before I purchase anybody, I HAVE to get those prickly tears in my eyes & that certain ache of inevitability in my chest, otherwise it's not True Love. Any lesser response means I don't buy. If I merely gasp and swoon and pop my eyes out and repeat 'Holy Shit He's Amazing' over & over again-- but I don't feel like there's a fishhook pulling me from inside my sternum-- chances are it's mere Infatuation.

Since I have a small apartment, and I never sell anybody, I can only buy for True Love. But if you look in my profile, you'll see 28 cases of True Love with another 2 on the way... so although love has to be real, it's definitely not a once-in-a-lifetime thing. ^^

Once the doll is home, the ache subsides because of the joy of finally having him integrated into my collection... But sometimes, yes, later on, just looking at him will cause me to get all misty and fall in love with him all over again. This happens with all of my boys sooner or later, depending on my mood. It's usually on those days when you find a really great wig-eye-hair-outfit-props-lighting combination, and it just blows your mind because you can't get over how perfect he looks, & can't stop taking pictures of him. :)

3. No, I have never thought about a doll the way I think about a crush. I actually didn't like my "dream doll" at all until I saw one in person, and losing my composure in public over a doll is just not something I'd do.

But that's not to say there aren't dolls I have thought about a lot, and get excited at the prospect of getting to bring one home; currently nDoll Ami-Luna has my strong interest.

4. Penguin sums up my feelings perfectly.

5. My gosh - your so lucky !
      So many loves.
      Urgh , I really envy you.

6. Iplehouse Tania looks exactly (to the T) like a girl I based in a comic I did and kept drawing. My favorite character I've ever made and I made her 2 years before I ever saw a Tania. Needless to say I bought one a month after.

Also. Soom Saiph. Absolutely perfect for another character I put together. Too bad I found out about her 5 days after she was DISCONTINUED PERMANENTLY in WS anyway.

7. As far as dreams go, when I was going through that crazy layaway for Suigintou I had recurring nightmares where I would find her in a haunted doll shop. The seller told me that she was cursed and didn't want to sell her to me. So I tried to sneak into the shop and get her anyway but got kicked out and then the next time I was there the shop was abandoned and Suigintou was all broken parts.

8. Yes it has happened to me once only, *despite it being a very nice feeling I don't want to encounter it any more because it can be devistating XD* The doll I absolutely adore, love, an know is perfect, is Dream of Doll's Homme Ducan. I was weird, I used to constantly go to DOD just to check on dolls, and even though my senses told me not to, I just HAD to look at him, every day, he was just so perfect...so mythical, I was in such a sad drowny fit when I realized I couldn't get him.

Just sitting there, I just felt like crying, I even dreamed of him, his arrivals back then seemed to only happen in my dreams, him being in my arms seemed to once more, only happen in my dreams. I was beginning to loose faith. He was just there, taunting everyday, but of course dreams come true. So I no longer have to lust cause he's here XD

9. Your so lucky !
      I wish I had this feeling for a doll that was in a doll company.
      Mine has to be in the market place.
      *Beats head against the wall*
      That feeling that you described , sitting in bed just utterly devastated and wanting to cry.
      That's me , right now.

10. Totally. Before I got my Volks Tsukasa, I was terrified of dolls. It was because of him that I got over my doll fear. I remember seeing his promo pictures when he came out. Couldn't stop dreaming about getting him. :) Even after 4 years of having him, it still feels like a dream that I finally have him.

11. for me, not exactly. When I see the dolls' promo pics for the first time, I usually sigh and tear up a bit, but it doesn't persist for TOO long. It was a month for SOOM MD Topaz, a few days for DZ Yuu. Ever since his limited fullset release when I was in 8th Grade, I'm still teary over Elf Ducan...and for the dolls that I actually have in my possession, ALWAYS tearing up. :) I think the fact that I actually HAVE the doll physically and that I don't have to just look around for owner/promo pics makes them 'perfect'.

12. I don't really cry, persay, but i do angst over dolls through the computer screen for ages when I first find one I like. I tend to find that I go in and out of these phases though, and although I'll still think a sculpt is pretty, after a few days (or weeks >> ) of pining after it, the first feeling fades a little.

13. I had that 'falling in love' feeling the first time I saw the Dollfie Dreams when they came out. They have such shapely, womanly bodies. I was smitten! When I got her in the mail I was still in the hospital after having my son. I got her in 2005 and I still stare at her in amazement.

Same with my Unoa Sist. I know Lusis is the more popular sculpt but I love the slightly more mature look of Sist. When her box was delivered my heart was racing a mile a minute! I was completely excstatic and I take her out just to feel the weight of her in my hands and pose her or marvel at her beautiful feet & hands.

14. Your doll IS in a doll company. She's a standard Dream of Doll MSD with what appears to be the "brown" option faceup that they offer.

15. I had a similar encounter when i saw the EID iplehouse Kamau. When i saw him, and how powerful, and masculine his sculpt was, i was in awe.... I didn't cry, but i got chills. That is when i started what i usually do to fight the want of the doll LOL You know, saying "OMG, that doll is so ugly!! it's horrible!! THere's now way in heck i'd own that doll! Knowing all along that it's just a ruse, to try to convince yourself that you are NOT buying that doll LOL I failed miserably. I now own him, and he is the favorite in my collection.

16. Indeed your right.
      And I've looked at her there.
      She's still cute of course , but it's just something about THAT doll , it just makes her so perfect.
      For Me At Least ~~~
      Thank for the info though , it was very sweet of you.

17. Actually, I did cry when I saw my minisup in the marketplace. I think this was when I just got MP access, and I was just randomly looking at the sales threads... and there she was. Sitting on a box, smiling, looking at me (and that without having the eyes in) in a way that made me think "is she calling out from those photos?" This is not to say that her previous owner did not like her - I think it was quite the opposite, the girl came in with a lot of lovely accessories. It was just that she left the hobby all together as far as I know.
      AND she waited for me for a month or so, with people commenting but no one actually buying - so I feel that she's very, very special. She just makes me smile whenever I take her, no matter what.
      And this comes from a person that is not emotional in most cases ^_^;

18. Awww ~
      Thanks Lady Kitsune San !
      (Sorry , I've been watching English subs a lot lately. :p)
      I liked reading that experience.

19. I cried when my niece Maci was born and I got to hold her and kiss her little hand, but no doll has ever made me cry. I'm not prone to tears for inanimate objects, though some dolls have literally made me gasp out loud, and some have left me speechless for one reason or another. Not tears though, and I don't think I ever would cry.

20. Never cried due to a doll (or really any) inanimate object that I can think of.

But true dolly love, yes I've felt that. It was before I know much of anything about BJDs (just that they were very expensive and out of the question at the time). When I first saw DOT H. Ducan, everything just kind of froze. No other doll has affected me that way before... And he has me going back to his page again and again...

Maybe someday... xD