1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Can she make you cry ? (Your Perfect Doll)

Apr 6, 2010

1. I suppose if there's one doll that really gets to me is Unidoll's Jace. There's something so utterly melancholic about him that I really love. He also looks decadent somehow. To me, at least. I didn't buy one because I already had a male SD so I admired him from afar. I sure am kicking myself now. He's not made any more. I am really trying to comprehend why Unidoll dumped him. I was actually considering getting him this year even though I don't think I can handle any more dolls at the moment. I think Jace is my perfect doll.

2. I'm not going to lie, if somehow a miracle happened and a Dollmore Black Lilith appeared in the mail for me, I would probably sob.x.x I really would.

When I got Hana put together with her current wig I got a little misty-eyed, because she was exactly as I always pictured her character. It was a great feeling.

3. None of my dolls quite bring tears to my eyes, but I don't cry very easily either. >///>

However, Elodae, my DOT Shall, was the very first doll I fell head over heals in LOVE with. I picked her out only a day or two after discovering BJDs, and decided I had to have her... Even though I'd never seen the mold in person, it didn't matter. x3
      Even now that I have her, she still takes my breathe away. Elodae really is the most beautiful thing, to me... Though she stays in her box a lot because I've been kind of busy, every time I get her back out I'm blown away. >///< I get distracted just looking at her XD I'll be trying to make clothes or take measurements or shop... And end up just holding her and admiring her~ <3

4. -------------------------

5. There was one doll that I saw over and over again on the internet, and everytime the owner put more pictures up I felt like jumping for joy, and the sheer beauty of the doll could almost make me cry, I guess... I never did, but it was just so perfect and gorgeous X3

6. Wow. . . .
      Thanks Guys ~

7. I've heard a lot about minimee's , but I have no idea what site they come from.
      Where exactly can I go to see them ?

And thank you for the comment.
      I fell in love with a BJD on DA as well.
      That's how I first got into them.

8. I didn't cry, but when I first laid eyes on DoD H.Ducan, it was love at first sight. I looked at him everyday until I finally bought him. When he arrived, I was so excited and bouncing around the room and when I opened him, I hugged him tightly. He is just perfect and while I have other dolls, he is my favorite and still makes my breath catch and smile when I look at him.

I saw a lot of very nice dolls, but with him, I knew I just HAD to have him no matter what. Luckily for me, he was/is not a limited so it worked out.

9. No crying but the waiting for them to ship and arrive makes me anxious like crazy :(

10. Gosh, as mentioned in some threads I've posted, my doll Ariana (Dollmore ModelDoll) was a doll I hadn't wanted at first until I saw different faceup and owner pics. Then it was just some changes I wanted. Then the glamor bust versions came, and I was like debating, and luckily I got the last or near the last one of the first releases (with the extra normal bust too and she came sanded at no extra cost :D). Had to buy the extra Lisa head with the custom makeup I wanted. Once I got her and put the head I wanted on the body, I was in awe. I just loved her. I take pics with her and never had a bad pic, she was so beautiful to me that. Even now she takes my breath away, so it was more after I got her together the way she "should" be that she moves me so. I wasn't to the point of crying but I was moved in a way I'm rarely moved by dolls. After my first two dolls that were "just settled" on, I learned better what I'm looking for.

11. I don't think I've cried yet. *A*;; I've seen amazing dolls that get me super excited and my heart beats fast and I bounce around, but I don't think I've cried. (And it's not really that hard to get me to cry.)

12. Yes, this has happened to me. There was a DM Kara Klum that I saw on the marketplace, and I bookmarked the page 'cause I thought he was kinda nice. Then I started looking at the page more often. I came up with a character for him. But I still hadn't even thought of purchasing him. Then I noticed that I could get the money together. The idea formed...I started looking at him every day, thinking how much I loved him. I looked at other Kara Klums, but none of them seemed quite so perfect as that one. I waiting on some people to purchase a few things from me...and then he was on hold. For someone else. I nearly cried when I saw that. The entire rest of the week, I wanted to cry with disappointment about the doll. I had thought him so perfect! Why would this happen to me? At the end of the week, I decided to look at the page one more time, just to say goodbye. SUDDENLY. THE HOLD WAS GONE! THE PERSON HAD BACKED OUT! I was thrilled! I decided RIGHT THEN AND THERE to put him on layaway so he would never slip from my reach again. I knew he was meant for me. ^_^ I haven't gotten him yet, but I should have him by the end of the month at the latest, and I'm so absolutely excited. I imagine that I'll cry tears of joy when I finally see him in person. <3

13. You HAVE to show me pictures of him eventually.
      I've never even heard of him , so I'd love to see him.

14. Akeildama, Minimees are the custom doll service offered by DiM. http://www.dimdoll.com/

I think my upcoming Soom Appini is having this affect on me. I haven't cried yet, but I got really close when I first saw her previewed on Soom.

15. Thank you Ellanie,
      I wonderful DoA`er also messaged me to let me know.
      It's really sweet that so many people go out of there way to help me out.
      XD Thanks

16. Bump Bump Bump ~~~
      For finding - 'The One' !!

17. Bump ~
      Can they bring you to tears ?
      What do they do for you ?

18. Bump !
      Anyone ??

19. I kept looking at the Volks SDGr body, and I almost cried. It was the most beautiful, perfect body ever. I love it, and know that it's so far above me, quality and price-wise. I would never be able to justify spending that much on a body (let alone raise that money) and I would be afraid that I would not be able to care for it properly. But I cry all the time anyways so it's not that big a deal. xD

20. I'm wondering where everyone is going to fall for these Volks beauties.
      Because I can't find any of these wonderful things people are coming out with.