1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Can she make you cry ? (Your Perfect Doll)

Apr 6, 2010

1. Once I tried to cry, because I've missed Jessica-Pierot on the Russian marketplace. But I just can't! XDDDD

2. If an Iplehouse Jessica ever shows up in the mail for me, I will bawl with happiness. Seriously. I'm just in love with her. Absolutely, completely smitten. She is perfect, my dream doll.

3. Out of all the my dolls that called to me when I first saw them, only one made me "cry" with tears of joy and hurt. It's an IOS Lucifer. Although the company photos's face-up wasn't what really appealed to me but when I mock the blank photos up with all the features my guy is supposed to have, I was gobsmacked.... shaking, and tears welled up in my eyes. He was THE ONE. The one I've been waiting for all my life. So of course, I had to bring him home. And I received him this Monday.

I have yet to work up the courage to customize him, but eventually, my most endearing character will come to life in his very own resin form:D

4. It was soooooort of like that with my Leeke Mihael, I adored his scult and instantly fell in love. I haven't had that since actually. I've never dreamt or cried about a doll though. I instantly bonded with him and have stayed bonded ever since.

But saying that, I've yet to open a doll and be really happy (bearing in mind I've only opened two :sweat) the first time I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to like BJDs when she arrived, but I never managed to bond with her anyway. And with Mihael it was sort of like 'hmmm... his face-up is a bit over the top :ablink:)

I'm always really excited when I get my doll of course! But there's normally a tiny part of me that is weighing up flaws. Not very fun. Although now I'm more comfortable buying dolls (since I'm confident after successfully bonding and loving one that I can in the future) I expect opening my next doll to be closer to a tear-jerking reaction (fingers crossed :|).

5. Wow ~
      Thank you Healdria.
      I hope You'll be happy with your wonderful new family member for a long time to come.
      I Adore that Sculpt too - so I can really understand where your coming from.

6. That kinda made me laugh.
      Because I never imagined anyone could get there first doll and be able to measure their flaws.
      But I suppose , though it does slightly bite the moment , it's good to take off the rose colored glasses and see what needs to be done to make them into what You want.

7. I can only hope to be able to make him who he is meant to be:sweat
      And I too hope he's here to stay for a long long time:D

Thank you dear^^

8. Souldoll Queena brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw her--not something I was expecting at all! At first, I just ignored it and continued to shop around (I'm a very emotional person and am brought to tears quite easily ^_^;), but when I ventured back over to the Souldoll site and looked at her again, I felt something. Not tears this time--just a kind of Christmas/Religious gift-giving holiday excitement pulse through my stomach...
      I think she might end up being my first BJD...O_O

9. I didn't cry, but when I saw the Volks Suigintou I sat there speechless for about an hour looking at pictures of her. Unfortunately for me I highly doubt i'll ever own one :(

10. Haha honestly for my volks souseiseki I told my mum id cut off my arm just to have her which sadly i would have. I felt like if i didnt get her I would never be happy again. Thank goodness i was able to get her ^^

11. it has happened to me once, when I was still pretty new to the hobby, and didn't know much.
      I'd decided I'd buy a BJD for myself, and was just looking for the perfect one.
      and when I saw her, it was exactly like that, it brought tears to my eyes. I wasn't expecting it, I felt so happy.
      unfortunately she was a limited, and sold out.

I always search for her in the market place, but I've never found anyone selling her. :/
      maybe one day...

12. I only own one doll (sob) but he is most definitely my perfect doll! From the moment I saw him I knew he was the one I wanted! I'm very lucky that my birthday was soon after I found him so I asked for money from my relatives for my doll fund x3

Now I'm trying to find the perfect partner for my little boy teehee.

13. I've never cried from a doll per say, but I almost cried looking at the picture of the doll I'm planning on getting.

14. I love that I'm not the only one who was like this with IH Jessica ^^ I was scrolling through the database one day, and came across MadamMauMau's Mauzi and I couldn't breathe. She's my dream doll now, because of one picture. I still have her on my desktop, and its been nearly four months now... Hopefully I'll have her home one day ^^

15. I was looking at the inexpensive dolls, and they all had at least one feature i just really didn't like, so i looked on Luts' website just to see, i knew they were wayyyy too much money, and i would never be able to get one, but i wanted to look anyway, and that is when i found the doll i just had to have, even though now my family thinks i am insane and i have to save up even loose chainge to get this doll... :sweat:

16. I kinda get that from online pictures but I was literally shaking opening Mischief and Mayhem's boxes. Mayhem was a bit of a let down, simply because her head and very sticky and had a lot of smudges from a faceup with improper materials, but once I cleaned her up she was fantastically gorgeous. Mischeif was just so beautiful I could barely stand it, and I still think so.

17. I did not cry but when I saw DOD Elf Ducan, Delphine and SOOM Chrom I feel they are so perfect and they worth alot more than I paid.

I got all of them but only Chrom stay with me now because for me Elf Ducan and Delphine are so perfect that I don't dare to change anythings on them but I don't like to just display a doll, I love the one that I can play with.

18. Yes, she can make me cry, and she repeatedly makes me cry
      'cos I'm a huge pushover and a massive softie.
      Soom MD Cuprit
      Her default face up if beautiful, not to mention her lips are lovely and pouty. Her blue hooves are just lovely and I adore her horns too.
      To me, I think she's perfect, human or Hooved.
      Every time I see a photo of her, even if she's got a custom face up or other SOOM MD parts, I have a pang of want.
      but I know I'll probably never own her which does make my cry on occasions, but It's not stopping me from doing the best I can to get her
      Whenever I imagine myself with a doll, it's always her <3

19. I think I shed a tear when I missed my absolute Dream Doll because I know I'll never get/see him again, but have never become too emotional otherwise.

I love every single one of my resin-babies, of course, and they make me very happy, but I'm usually a bit too feet-on-the-ground for that, haha.

20. The only doll I've ever had that happen with is an OT doll here (a Blythe) and it was only because I owned a couple in childhood that were either lost or thrown out by my mom. When I finally got a hold of one again, a vintage Kenner, I did shed a few tears. Silly, I know, but true!

Now if I found a BJD that touched me (like a similarity to someone I know and love), I might do the same -- who knows? Interesting topic!