1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Can They, Have They, Do They ? (BJD's through hard times)

May 7, 2010

1. well... not really.
      usually when i'm really down its because i'm like ''everbody hate me and i'm uglyyyy TT^TT'' and dolls cant really help.
      cuz then i get like '' YAH, too loser to have real friends!'' and/or ''screw you Aiden and your gorgeous face and hot body!!! D8<''
      if its... i dont know, i failed my school year and will have to re-do it next year or something like that, then yes. at least i'd have something to hug. though right now i only have MSD and they arent so nice to hug =_= i prefer SD

2. in a way, they have

3. Very descriptive dear one ~
      *Nudge*
      Heh - Kidding.

4. Hrm. Well, I can't say it's the dolls that helped me. More that I helped myself. The dolls provide a source of creative outlet, whether it be through art, photogaphy, sewing, designing, writing, etc. Having a hobby to focus on during any time of your life is important, but it's also important to not use it as a coping method.

I recently got my MNF Karsh as a little piece of home to take with me to school in the fall, but in no way will it replace the hole in my social network. However, the community and the doll meets that could potentially take place merely by having a resinite with me, will assit in bridging the gap between strangers and allowing me to make new friends and colleagues.

To me, one of the most important aspects of having a BJD is the potential for social connections with real people. I have recently lost everything that was important to me with exception to my parents and a couple of close friends. Dolls are the only social outlet I have left in my life, and I'll tell you, nothing picks up your lonely soul like a doll meet full of resin and potential friends at the national science and tech museum. :3 lol, right Xanadu? ^_~ XD *bricked*

5. Thank you for that ~
      It makes a lot of sense.
      I don't want dolls to take the place of social interaction.
      Especially now that my friends really need me.
      Even though the reason my friend needs me is what put me into such a horrible mental state in the first place.
      And ah. . . You Xana ?!
      heh ~ Cool.
      He's teh awesomeness right ?~

6. By my personal experience I may tell they can, have and do, although not every, through several of my hard times. I do not believe they are alive, have a soul or things of that kind. What I think is they just might have, in our imagination, "lifes and souls", personalities and stories, we create for them and that we may share with other people, like we do here. In my opinion one of the reasons they might help us is they are, this hobby is, one of the ways we can dream. When you are down and want to escape from your problems for a while, to do not think about them, dreaming of an own world (In this case a BJD one) may help always you do not forget the real world you belong to, the one your loved ones live in. For me the clue is dreaming with feet on earth.

7. That's wonderful Misato.
      I loved you comment.

8. I think any hobby can be either helpful or detrimental in a stressful situation. I know of people who have been completely absorbed by MMORPGs because they hit a rough patch, and ignored the world and is still stuck in the game more than a year later and still hasn't worked through their issues. I think it depends whether or not the person uses the hobby as a little vacation from stress without neglecting their duties or whether they use it as a tool of avoidance.

9. yes, they do, at times...it's a diversion for me when I'm scared out of my mind about school, friends, and family....holding them, feeling their weight in my arms, I feel better. I usually have them 'watching over' me when I go to sleep, and I was always so overjoyed to find myself waking up staring eye to eye with Reika or Kura~ I know that sometimes we kind of imagine it, but Reika tends to 'copy' my emotion by frowning or smiling, whereas Kura is always smirking/smiling normally as though he was mocking me while I'm crying XD It's actually funny! ahaha!

10. ohh you are not gonna mention that slide!...or that air shower
      that is confidential!! lol

11. They have in a way, especialy with stress.
      I don't handle it well, to the point of flying into rages if something sets me off at the wrong time leaving me unable to focus; If I pick one up and just hold them I will calm down and get my focus back, they are pretty much the only thing that will.

I wouldn't do anything major to them when I'm like that, not evenbrush their wigs. All I do is sit with then for a bit. For some reason I will always go for my DZ girl when I am like that.

12. Can BJD's help you it a really rough point in life?
      It depends on the individual.

Have they helped you through I rough point in life?
      I'm not sure if they help me or hinder me.

Do they really help when your going through a lot?
      Like other hobbies, it can be a form of escapism which can take your mind off of problems for a little while. Some relief is better than none.

13. Can They, Have They, Do They? (BJD's through hard times)

Can BJD's help you it a really rough point in life?

I have to say yes to all three of the above. I have an autoimmune disease and have spent this year in and out of the hospital. The last time that I was in the hospital Tygati brought her dolls to visit with me. Her visit helped me SO much and I feel that I have gained a wonderful friend from it all. She left one of her dolls, Kaith, with me in the hospital and he even got to go home with me for awhile. Her and her dolls got me hooked on the BJD world and I've just ordered my first doll.

http://tygati.livejournal.com/342632.html#cutid1

14. That's just teasing !!!
      No fair. . .
      Xana. . .

15. Aw ~ Thanks Amatsubu.
      That's wonderful.
      I'm really happy for you.
      I can't wait until you get yours.
      I'm getting mine really soon to - I'll make you a special hello from me and him to you.

16. Can BJD's help you it a really rough point in life?

Oh absolutely, my dolls help me through tough times. They are the best distraction I have ever had!
      My best friend was very ill, and the last year has been really tough. She passed away last month.
      My bjd's definitely helped me through that. Fabulous distraction, they bring me joy, and they make the tough times much more bearable. When I'm sewing for them or painting a faceup, the time just flies by, and I think of nothing else.
      When I lost my friend last month, I gave myself the gift of a new boy. It gave me something to look forward to, something else to focus some of my thoughts on, and helped to lighten the constant ache of loss.
      bjd's are fun, and when you're going through a tough time, fun is an excellent thing to have!
      As an added bonus, I have met some really cool people through bjd's that I would never have met otherwise. If you're going through a tough time in life, and you go to a bjd meet full of cool, creative people, you can't help but enjoy yourself for a few hours!

17. My dolls give me comfort at times :) And I always like hugging them :) They take me for who I am. Shinta has such a sweet face, Anje smirks all the time (being a BBB Charisma ;)). They're absolutely wonderful :D

18. *hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss! I understand completely about the dolls!!! My friend sent one of her dolls home with me to help cheer me up after I left the hospital this last time and I sat him next to my computer and would hug him every morning. I'd sit here and have conversations with him and sometimes you just need someone/something to express yourself to. Having him for almost 2 months is one of the reasons I finally did my order for my own doll.

19. I'm so sorry Wally.
      Sometimes something happening to your friend is even worse than it happening to you.
      I wish what had happened to her had happened to me instead.
      I think that's partly where my mind is all the time.
      I know it's really tough.
      But I'm glad to know that they've helped you through such an awful situation.
      And it gives me hope that my boy will help me as well.

20. PM me and I'll reluctantly tell you the story lol