1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Can They, Have They, Do They ? (BJD's through hard times)

May 7, 2010

1. Well, I don't have a doll myself, but I have a feeling it will be a source of comfort for me. When I'm really upset I like to be alone and having a something to squeeze when I'm upset like that makes me feel better. I have been stalking this hobby for about two years and I've had times when I wished I had one to squeeze, especially when someone I know is sick. Sometimes I just don't want to be around real people, I don't think that's escapist it's how I calm down.

Wow amatsuba! That's an amazing story. You have a really good friend there. 0_0 There are few things I could think of that could cheer a hospital room up like that. Flowers can't be played with. ;)

2. Heh , You and me both.
      Two years of stalking and in the process of buying my first doll.
      Can't wait ~
      It helps already, just expecting him is an amazing lift for me.
      Thanks Delicate Disaster ---

3. delicate disaster: She is an amazing friend and I am so glad that she came to visit me. About the flowers...I used Kaith and posed him all around the flowers while my mom laughed at me from the uncomfortable hospital couch thing. It was fun!

4. I'm pretty certain that my doll will be a source of comfort for me once I get him. While college has helped me out of my shell a bit, I can still be quite antisocial especially when I'm upset. When I'm down, I usually sit alone with my music on and just hug one of my many stuffed animals. Once I get my doll, he will most likely take the place of my small Pokemon plushies since he will be much bigger. Hopefully, though, I won't have to deal with too many rough patches like I did in high school.

5. Yeah ~
      I hope he becomes what you need.
      Thanks Ethra !

6. Thanks...but...i'm more flexible than even my Fairyland dolls LOL...we all pop our joints out of their sockets!

I am sad to see there are other people in particular with health problems because I have so many myself (also have an autoimmune disease and other things) but I am glad that these people are blessed to know about or have BJDs. One of my friends is going through some very hard times with her disease and she just got two Bobobies and an OT doll.

BJD Revolution baby!

7. Well said. Well said.

8. I'm going to agree with just about everyone here and say absolutely have my dolls helped me through rough times.
      My mother passed away when I was fourteen and by sixteen I had saved up enough to buy my first doll. I was in a rough living situation and having my doll with me was the biggest comfort in the world during the long nights of grieving.

My dolls also came with me when I had to go to the hospital after being hit by a car as a pedestrian and though they scared the ambulance workers they kept me from worrying too much about my leg.

Its always good to know that you'll have something there to comfort you through thick and thin. Even if that something isnt a living person or being.
      I've been in the hobby almost four years now and I dont see myself stopping any time soon or ever giving up my dolls no matter how hard times get.

9. I can say that mine definitely help me. The past few years Ive been realizing just how bad it is where i am living now, parents basically regarding me as some misbehaving and unwanted pet. Its gotten worse in the past few months. Aside from just the comfort of the dolls themselves Ive started sewing for them and that provides some distraction and an actual feeling of accomplishment, something Ive very rarely had in my life.

10. My BJD's are soothing to me. When I am feeling down sometimes I will make them clothes or give them new facups. I have really bad anxiety attacks that really wear me out to the point I am ready to pass out. I would try to cuddle my cats to help relax, but they would always squirm away and it would make me more upset. Now I can grab one of my dolls and be comforted by the thought of something that I have put alot of time and love into and bring back the soothing memories of doing faceups, and taking pictures and having faux coversations with them when bored. They are a real help to me durin bad times.

Also sometimes you just need to vent your frustrations, and rather than yelling at a wall or door, It is easier to vent at something with a face, even if you know they cant hear you.

11. I can actually really relate to how you got into the hobby. I'm going through something similar right now and I didn't have anything concrete until I started researching about these dolls and it gave me something to focus on and to yearn and work for.

12. Thank you everyone who has commented !
      Sorry I haven't been on.
      But I just wanted you guys to know that I really love reading what you have to say.