1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Car seats ... do you use them?

Jan 10, 2009

1. I've had my kids in a child's seal before, but they usually lie in the back seat with a coat, blanket, or something soft around them so they're protected from the sun, and a fall.

2. If I do travel with my dolls (which is rarely), they are in the Double Dollmore carrying bag or my coffin guitar case. Only one have I been in the car with one on my lap. I wouldn't go out of my way for a car seat because it's too exposing for my taste. I only like direct sunlight on my dolls for photoshoots. Car seats, though good for protection, just reminds of kids which I neither care for too much nor want.

3. Well, I buckled in a pan of brownies last night....

I think I'd prefer to put them in a carrier and then buckle in the carrier, no child seats though.

4. I don't have a car. I pay $0.00 per gallon. ^^ As a hopeless urbanite, I have invested in several sizes of good doll-carrier bag (straps and pillows and padded sides), and I schlep the lads all around town on my back. Those carrier bags are great. If I DO get a ride from someone with a car, I can wedge the bag into the backseat with me or put it in the trunk, and things will stay pretty darn safe. You can practically forget about the doll until it's time to unpack again.

I do think a car-seat is unnecessary, but I'm also a firm believer in unnecessary things. It's bollocks when people say you need an ironclad reason to do anything. If you'd get a kick out of strapping your dolls into a car-seat.... if you're willing to accept all those doomsday scenario risks that people are whipping on you here [omigawd, your glove box could fly open while you're in zero-G and your keys could fly out and scratch your doll's faceup, or someone could see your doll and freak out and crash and sue you, gasp panic hyperventilate].... and if it wigs out a few mundanes in the process.... then what's the harm? If it amuses you, go for it. If you do it, but then decide that you feel stupid, just take the seat back out. :lol:

5. I think it sounds like a fun idea ^.^ Personally, I prefer to put them in a bag with some sort of padding around them or I just hold one on my lap and cling to them (when I ride as a passenger). If you want to use a carseat though, go for it!

6. Never! It's a doll, not an infant. That's.... The idea really unsettles me.

7. Well I call my car my "rolling purse" because that's exactly what it is LOL...everything I need is in there as well as stuff I don't need but with the amount of people who ride in it on top of all the junk I've got in there, I wouldn't have any room for a car seat! I think carry bags/coffins are good enough for me but hey, if you've got the room and want a baby seat, I say go for it. I know that I wouldn't bother with one myself...when my kid was old enough to do without the big car seat or booster save for a regular seatbelt, I couldn't wait for it to be out of there!

8. This. The only things that get buckled in my car are people. Even food items just get maneuvered so they won't fall over. Dolls travel in a nicely padded bag.

9. On a long car ride, I discovered that my friend's minivan had a child booster seat built into one of the back seats, so I pulled it out and strapped in my boy just to bother my friend a bit. We all had a laugh, that was it. Otherwise, I like them tucked safely in a carrier bag.

10. No, and I don't plan to. I've got a two door sports car, it's a pain getting PEOPLE in the back seat there, let alone a car seat.

Also, I don't see the need. My little ones will ride in my cup holder, and my bigger ones in the seat next to me. If there's more than one going, I have a carrier bag.

Car seats are to protect wiggly, opinionated children during transport. As my dolls are neither wiggly nor opinionated, I don't plan on ever purchasing or using a child transport device. :-)

11. Doll=/= Child, so no.

#51 skybluepink, Jan 13, 2009
      Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    12. I would never purchase a child's car seat for a doll. It is not a living thing, it will not suffocate if I wrap it up and put it in its carrier, where it would be just as safe if not safer for traveling. I don't have to constantly look at my doll, nor is my doll my child, it's an inanimate object.

13. I have pretty much zero desire to stick my doll in a car seat. For starters, the straps just wouldn't be able to ever get small enough, and if they did, they would squash the doll's head against the padded thing and the side to side slack would just cause serious mess with the wig. If you want to do it to like...play doll, then that's cool, but there are much much better ways of transporting a doll safely.

14. Like a baby car seat...? :sweat I guess you would strap them on it as you would an infant. But infants are wider and I assume your slender doll might slide around depending on how wild your driver is. I usually hold my boys or put them in their carrier.

15. I don't use car seats, my girls stay in their padded bags, because of a few reasons,

A) I feel they're safer there. I put the bag on the floor board, it's safe there.

2) The sun will shine in on them, I don't like them in direct sunlight.

D) My car is a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down. The seat belts have been through 3 young kids(my siblings and myself) with sticky hands and spilt drinks. I don't want the ick on my girls.

and most importantly!

4) Arkansas roads are like this ---~-~~~~~~~~~~- Curvy and full of potholes! And the drivers are ANGRY! I'm afraid of wrecks. 24/7 (Arkansas drivers fear for their lives. theres a reason I didn't learn to drive until I was 18)

16. Oh wow, I've never given thought to that before. That's pretty smart, actually!

I think just the doll case is enough, but maybe it would be cool to construct a car seat-like bag securer?

17. I wouldn't do it because my mom already tells me that having dolls means you want a baby, and I don't want to encourage her :sweat

I just lay them on the back seat and they're fine *shrug*

18. yeah i don't even buckle mine in, they ride in someones lap or on the seat. hit the brake a little hard i just stick my arm out to catch them. yeah no car seat, nor would i ever.

19. I've never gone so far as full out car-seattery, but I have been known to enjoy the fact that the lap belt does prevent the occasional face-slide during sharp turns.

Yes quite.

20. I don't use car seats, i just let them sit on my lap^^