1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Car seats ... do you use them?

Jan 10, 2009

1. I don't use a car seat for my doll. She says sitting up very well when I buckle her in.

If I actually drove the speed limit, I probably wouldn't even have to do that unless I had to slam my brakes for something (bad drivers, deer, other animals, etc).

@Victoria Vitrix: So true! Keeping a carseat in the front is not a great idea for your reasons mentions.

2. You know... after 6 and a half years of buckling children in, I'm tired of the whole buckle thing. I still have to buckle and unbuckle my 4 year old, but my 6 year old can buckle and unbuckle himself. It takes a lot less time to get everyone in the car. I have two car seats almost permanently attached in my car, I don't think I need any more. I just put the dolls in a bag and set them on the floor.

3. i have thought of that once. but our car cant have those and anyway it would look so dum xD and i dont think my parent would appreciate i spended money for such thing....
      but i'd make them sit next to me and buckle them x3 (buckle is a NEED in this car. when we hit a hole, we all hit our heads on the roof or windows)

4. I will confess to occasionally dumping the doll bag in my daughter's booster seat purely because it's a convenient place to dump the doll bag. (I also do the same thing with groceries; bag with bread in car seat = less chance of smooshed bread.)

Beyond that, though? Nnnnnnnno. Car seat is for human child, not piece of resin.

5. I'm planning on making a carrying bag for my boy with probably a wooden plate on the bottom or cartboard and use his futon for padding. Just made the futon, it's really soft and comfortable. If it were human adult size, I'd sleep in it :P. Next chance I get I'm also going to get a protective face cap, might be useful.
      I'm also okay with him sitting on my lap in the back of the car but when i get my own car, he'll travel in a bag ;)

6. I don't because I feel my doll is safer in her pillow-lined hatbox. That and I'm VERY particular about the amount of sun exposure she has, and I try to limit that as much as possible. If you already have a carseat set up, I can see how it would be convenient, but my current hard case works quite nicely.

All that said, my doll has only been here for around 6 weeks, so she hasn't travelled much. ;)

7. LOL my neighbors think I'm weird already -carrying dolls outside for photos and spraying heads and such. To be honest, I haven't had an occasion to take my dolls away from the house. All I have are their padded sleeping bags.

8. My mom once suggested me to put Valentino in the car seats that we use for my siblings. It would of been incredibly cute, but I worried for his safety and thus did not put him in.

9. Normally I just jam them in the passenger seat if no one else is riding with me...or in the back seat if there is someone else. They do get strapped in! Now once in a while Im a terrible mom and I let one sit in my lap when I drive....they fight over who gets to help drive >.<

10. Our 70cm dolls do sit in car seats on a lot of trips. We didn't buy the car seats for them, we have kids, but it just seemed like a good plan. We have a booster seat and a full sized convertible car seat. I have actually strapped Noble all the way in to the 5point harness a few times, but it's pretty unnecessary. Most of the time these days I only take one or two dolls out and I just hold them.

11. I don't drive (I'm too young), so he usually just sits with me, both us us in the same seat/seatbelt. <3
      Although, when I'm visiting my little cousins who love him, they have an extra car seat and they like to sit him there when we're in the car. >w<

12. 8D;;;; Uh guys. As much as I love bjds, and as much as I love my doll. That's all he is. A doll. It isn't a child, and carseats were meant for children. If you're worried about the safety of your doll during a drive, I still would NEVER cross the line of putting a doll into a childseat xD;;;; Just pack them up well with cushions and stuff O__o.

This idea is frightening 8D;

NOTHING should be in your lap when you're driving. YOUR ATTENTION SHOULD SOLELY BE ON THE ROAD. Otherwise you're just creating an opportunity for disaster. Even if you are unhurt in the event of an accident, other people might be. If you really want to kill people, go ahead. Let dolls sit in your lap. I don't think I'm exaggerating the seriousness of this issue. Many people have died for less.

Use your head, kids.

13. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with my doll NOT in a carrier or packed away, tbh. The sun could yellow the resin and the seatbelt might be dirty or something.

14. I did want to answer this, at least for me. I don't drive. I was recently diagnosed with epilepsy and am no longer allowed to. My husband has to do all of the driving. I guess I should have specified better when I said I hold the dolls.

15. Iris, I didn't mean to be direct to anyone in particular >w<. I have read through the thread and there are more than a few people who sit with dolls in their laps. Whether they were the driver or not, I just thought I'd remind people, because many have done a more careless thing. That's all :d <3

16. AMEN.

Seriously. I just kinda plop Shaant/Kiefer in the seat next to me. ...they usually don't have seatbelts or booster seats or..whatever. My mom's car sometimes makes her buckle them cause the seat has a weight sensor and when it gets to a certain weight it dings for the passenger to buckle. But...other than that.... First Yorkie's replaced children...and now dolls. =/

17. My kids have ridden in car seat before..when I was borrowing my Mom's car..well it was a "booster" seat but yeah. I wouldn't normally do it, I just sort of put them in the seat and buckle them in or just let them lounge in the back. I do have a stroller for them all though. -laughs- I guess I'm just a freak. I don't think that a car seat is a bad idea.

18. ooookaay, this is different, lol. I would just stick with a carrier ... besides I wouldn't want too much sun getting on them or did you buy shades too? 0.0

19. Hehehhe, when I take them out, provided no other people are riding with me, I buckle my 70cm in next to me, and put the rest in the booster seats in the back. I found that with the boosters the seat belts worked much better on the smaller ones.

As for the added sun exposure, I have made them all "hoodies" with extra long sleeves to cover their hands, and hoods to cover their faces (they usually have shoes and pants so I don't worry as much about their buckled in bottom halves )

20. I don't drive myself, but my dolls are usually in a carrier when traveling.. we have kids who sit in those carseatthingies and they're a pain to work with, so I don't think I'd want to put my dolls in there.. I have been entertaining the idea of making something like a hammock for my tiny, or maybe a small traveling house XD *silly* you know, so I can take it everywhere easily and it still looks nice..
      but I don't think I'd use the kiddie-car-seats, my dolls go in the carriers 8)