1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Car seats ... do you use them?

Jan 10, 2009

1. I don't use car seats (in my opinion they're for human babies only), but I DO use seat belts. I'll strap Callahan sitting up in the front passenger seat, so he won't slide around when I turn corners, make abrupt stops, etc. He stays sitting there pretty well. If I'm not driving, I just hold him on my lap. My little tiny girl, Lainie, usually rides in the cupholder, or in my hand if I'm not driving. This is only for short trips to friends' houses though, if I'm taking them on a long trip or vacation, they'll be packed up in bags and boxes. :)

2. If I saw a BJD in a carseat I'd be a little disturbed.

...no offense.

3. I know that sounds werid but i would like to know what everyone else thinks. See when i get my dolls i would like to take them around places and that includes when i drive around town and they will be in my car. I think it would be kinda hard to buckle them up with the actauly seat belt, so i got to thinking if there would ever be a BJD sized car seat made.

So, what do you guys think?

P.S.- I couldn't find another appropriate place to put this topic, but if ive put it in the wrong place please let me know and i will try to fix it. I really don't mean to make anyone mad, i'm still getting to know the site :(

4. I think it sounds totally cute ^_~*

5. Ohhh maybe some small child chairs? The idea is very cute!

6. If I take my dolls somewhere, I put them in carriers on the floor of my car. My neighbors think I'm strange enough already without driving around with dolls in little seats. Besides, I think they would get too much sun.

7. I'd try to keep them out of the sun too, unless you have those kiddie sun shades on all your windows!

8. Nooooooooo! DX I wouldn't want to look like any more of a nutter than I normally do. ^^;;

Raven

9. oh my, that makes sense. i totally forgot about the sun factor. i thought it would still be interesting though :sweat

10. well i do see all of your points.... and my mom does call me a freak enough already and doens't even like to hear the word "doll". thanks for your comments :)

11. I used to have a big infant car seat that was bought specifically for my Dollfies and other dolls, but it was in the car when we were t-boned by a drunk driver over a year and a half ago, and the car was towed, and I go out seldom because I still cannot walk, three plates and a rod in my right leg. The car seat was never recovered, but we used to use it. Thankfully it was supposed to be a quick trip, and being as someone was home we did not take any of the dolls with us, so they were not hurt in the accident.But before that we used the carseat for the dolls for years.

12. nope, mine travel in a padded bag in the back seat (unbuckled - i mean i don't bother to buckle myself in when i'm in the back seat ...) or in my lap if i can't be arsed to put them in a bag.

13. No ... no carseat weirdness for me. It's just a doll. He or she will survive the trip in a carrier ... :)

That being said, if anyone wants to do so, great ;)

14. No need to use a carseat for me at least. Usually when I have my boy with me, it's me and my SO, and I'm in the passenger seat so they all just get piled on my lap. however, lone dollies iwth no human to hold them always get buckled in snuggly- that's how SoulConflicted's DZ Yuu survived her car crash. Seat belt kept him from getting thrown into the dashboard.

15. honestly, if im driving with my dolls they both get strapped into the front seat with the seatbelt so i dont need to worry about them falling over while im driving. if im with someone else, i have them hold them in their lap XD they're my doll slaves for the day

16. I've done it, but only because I had car seats in the car anyway. Now that my kids are bigger and we have no car seats anymore, I don't bother. I put them (dolls, not kids) in a padded bag or basket.

17. No way - not only would I find that pretty weird, but I'd also be paranoid about my guys being exposed to the heat and sun for long periods that way too. Whenever my guys are in the car, depending on where we're going they're either packed away neatly in their boxes or else zipped up into a carrying case where they can be safe.

18. I have been thinking about this as I am taking driving lessons right now. Getting a car seat for them. Well, I'd have to look into this matter because I think I'd go for a car seat that is safe according to today's standards as I wish to have a couple of flesh and blood children too (in that case the dolls will have to move to a doll bag in the boot of the car).
      But I'll leave this investment untill I do get pregnant. But it is fun to have your dolls sitting in the back seat so maybe I'll sew some contraption so they can be locked safely with the safetybelt. I think it is important to make sure they won't turn into flying projectiles in case of an accident. Mine are both SD's.
      Lots of owners transport their dolls in doll bags and I think it is a sensible thing to do.

19. Hey, use a car seat if you wish! I don't, but at least the doll is tied down in case of sudden braking or accidents. People should have them in padded bags or secure and safe in some way since even a sudden brake could sent them flying--and not only could they be broken or scraped-up, but they could be dangerous to people riding in the car as they go flying around!

20. My dolls either travel in a padded bag in the car boot or in my lap (if I happen to be going to a meet, say). Mainly, this is becuase I want to know they are secure, and I don't fully trust seatbelts or car seats to do that better than a nice padded bag or my arm. But it's also becuase I don't own a car seat. And a little bit becuase the idea of buying one to put a doll in.... well.... it's not the sort of thing I would do. ;)