1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Car seats ... do you use them?

Jan 10, 2009

1. When I've taken my doll out, I just wrapped her in a scarf and set her on the seat.

2. Wow, so that´s some kind of strange (but maybe usefull) idea ?! .__.
      Although i´m pretty sure i would never ever use a car seat for a doll, i would rather wrap them in supersoft blankets and put them in safe bags, boxes, cases..

Oh wow! xD i was just thinking of the policemans face when you´ve stopped the car and he is asking you for your driver licence and then
      " .. oh, and who´s that kiddo in the back on the car seat there ? " ò_Ó
      (for everyone else who has read the "doll body heater" thread)
      you : " it´s a doll ^^"
      policeman : " but its body .. it´s warm.. a__á!!
      next dolly meet : police station xD come too, it will be fun.
      xD

3. If it's just me and her, then Iput her in the passenger's seat and put the seatbelt on her. lol But if my friend is with us, she'll bring her dolls and they'll just lay in the backseat Dx

4. mine sits on my neice's small car seat. My girl fits on it kinds nice.

5. Yup! I bought a baby seat for Aiden a few days after I got him.

6. I don't seem to have much use for car seats or the like. I keep the dolls cozy in their little carriers. I think carriers [intended for dolls or modified messenger bags, what have you] are an excellent investment for dollie owners. You can move through crowded areas during conventions or meets without the worry of damaging your doll with careful positioning of the bag. It also prevents any excess exposure to sunlight while in transit. <3

7. No, I try to avoid treating my dolls like I would treat children, including the seats in shopping carts or pram. It feels weird but also people would look and then be very very scared of me, they'd probably assume I'd lost a child in the past and they'd definitely class me as mentally ill in the literal sense. It would not go down well where I live. But also, my dolls are adults. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to be put in baby seats either.

8. I think a doll carrier is much better protection, since it secures the doll all around, not just in the car, but when walking through crowds. Carriers are also less expensive.

While we're at it, I think carriers are also a lot less weird. We doll owners have to deal with a fair amount of social stigma as it is, without going out of our way to make it look like we think our resin objects are actual babies. I wouldn't pay more money for less protection and more disdain.

9. No, I don't. To me, this is the equivalent of taking a reborn baby doll out in a pram - absolutely not something I'm interested in.