1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Carrying your dolls out of their bags?

Apr 21, 2018

1. I learned my lesson the year I took one of my "big guys" to PAX and ended up carrying him around all day... My arms still get sore again remembering that. Never. Again. :lol:

I still take one of the gang with me, of course. It's just not an SD17. I take my itty-bitty Elf Elly Banji. Issun fits in a pocket.

2. I actually sat one of mine on my shoulder for a while. Not great if you’re not keen on attention, though!

3. When I went to a con to my two SDs and tiny, I took the SDs in my little suitcase. Now there is another convention coming up, I have three and they barely fit in there. I only have a large suitcase as my other option, and the little one was awkward enough maneuvering as it was. But I don't want to have to keep re-cramming them in there. My girl's faceup already got scuffed doing that. Plus, being able to have my dolls out is part of the fun. I wish I could rent a little cart, that would be the best option. :lol:

4. If I'm only taking one doll out then I tend to just carry them in my arms.
      They do get quite heavy after a while though at that point I just switch arms.

I totally recommend an open basket for when carrying them in your arms gets to be too much but you still want them to be out and visible. Be careful not to bump them though.
      I have seen many people carry their DDs in slings across their chest with a chair attachment, no idea where they can be purchased but I have seen many people doing this at events in Tokyo.

5. that sounds wild! i’m having a hard time imagining it though. do you have any pictures ?

6. Oh that does sound cool! I was also thinking about trying to create a shoulder chair, but in not sure whether that's handy.

7. I checked through my camera roll and also Googled it but unfortunately can't find any pictures
      The best I can explain it is that it's like the neckstrap of a camera that goes across like a shoulder bag and also wraps around the torso, the central point where straps meet at the front is where the chair would be (although I didn't really get a super close look at how it attaches)
      the doll would sit in the chair facing the side but I'm not to clear on how they were strapped into the chair, I imagine some sort of seat belt type thing but could be totally wrong

I'm sorry if it still makes no sense :sweat
      but I'll try to come back and post in this thread if I am able to find/take a decent picture of one

8. The doll chair sounds amazing! I would love to see one of those.

I just carry my doll in my arms. He's MSD, so it's not too hard. I have a shoulder camera bag that he folds up into if my arms get tired. Usually, the friend I go to conventions with holds him if I need to use my hands for something. (It's sort of hard to get my doll back from him sometimes because he likes carrying him so much! My friend is very sweet.) 99% of vendors will be happy to let you set your doll on their table while you pull out your wallet or whatnot, though.