1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Certain Mecha Angels Discontinued

Apr 28, 2010

1. That's... actually an expansion of sorts then, isn't it? Standard release MA, buyable anytime? Sounds nice!

2. gaiaswill, it is. It's actually pretty nice, though I wish they'd do it with all of them instead. lol.

3. Oh no this is so sad! I hope they don't discontinue Corvi, I want him bad!!

4. I'm sad too that cream Saiph will not be available ever. That's the one I would definitely buy :(

5. Well, I would suggest that everyone who was/is planning to buy a white doll that is now noted as discontinued write on the MA Q&A board about it. I got a very thoughtful note back from Soom when I wrote. They did reiterate that they did not plan to release the discontinued white dolls again, but they did also say that they would bring customer feedback to the MA Project team. I would imagine that the more feedback they receive on the issue, the more they'd reconsider.
      If they're still making some dolls in white, perhaps they could simply restructure their ordering process to allow a color choice during the FFD order period? My guess is that it's something about their casting production line that necessitates they only offer a specific color, but I for one have been willing to pay more for a white doll in the past and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

6. St. James, excellent plan and I will do that.

7. St. James, that is EXACTLY what I though too. I would think everyone writing on the Q&A about all of this would change their minds, possibly and I did so when I heard about it, because it's pretty depressing to hear that the dolls you plan on buying later, are discontinued. Like my Rex and Deneb. =__=... I just hope they reconsider. That would be great. They need customer feedback!

8. St. James I thank you for posting that. I have been trying to get everyone I know that loves Soom to post on their Q&A about it in hopes of it helping to change their minds n.n

9. NUUUUUUUU T_T my friend needed a cream white Sabik to be my Vega's husband. WAAAAAHHHHH ;_;

10. I held my breath while reading the notice. While I'm glad to see that they will continue the doll I've been saving for, I'm disappointed to see so many discontinued. I'll be posting on Soom's Q&A board as well.

11. I posted and their reply was not at all hopeful. Basically: sorry, she's discontinued but you can order other MAs here soon :(

12. Hopefully they will open it up again in the future if enought people let Som know how much they love/want CW MAs <3

13. I'm just glad they didn't discontinue Saiph -- best doll at Soom if you ask me. I like her in normal skin, so whew!

14. I'm pleased to hear that so many will be posting on their Q&A. It's actually kind of funny to me. XDD

And pendrithgirl, your friend can still can a cream white elf sabik. ^__^ He may have elf ears, but they're LOVE. My Sabik is a cream white elf. <3

15. Ditto this -- he's gorgeous. And the ears are fairly subtle, they aren't huge.

I had hoped to get a CW Saiph also for a special project, but that wasn't something I could budget for for some time. I can use Meisa for it, but I'd rather wanted her for a goth girl. Ah, well.

16. I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact that the MA "cream white" is not at all the same color as the MD "cream white"? My Heliot and Sphaler are much more of a pure white than my Sabik elf, and Sabik's the newest so it's not yellowing. Perhaps they don't want to regularly stock that particular resin color in large quantities, just for occasional special releases and replacement parts?

17. I love my Sabik Cyborg was hoping for a female counterpart. I always wanted a CW Siaph but the ordering periods just never worked out for me. and I did fall for for four gems so now that I am all gemmed out I want another Mecha Angel but I don't like the Soom web site so I stopped looking at Soom.

18. Well, I asked Soom about the "follow a schedule" thing. And it seems all of those dolls will be discontinued someday as well....... :|

This is what they said to me:

"First of all, we appreciate your contacting us and your interest in Vega boy.
      The meaning of “follow a schedule” is that we will sell for a while, but it will be discontinued some day.
      And like your say, Yes, Vega boy is included to the Cream White Vega and it will be sold May 15th to 19th as FFD."

I guess I'm grabbing my Vega boy this month.....

19. Whoa, that's not good at all.

I have to speed up Meisa then.

20. So this means I won't be getting Meisa anytime soon. Ugh. ú__u

/sigh