1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing your doll's name

May 16, 2006

1. Kichibei isn't even here yet and he wants to change his name to Kannon, after the Buddhist deity of peace, which hardly suits him! it took me forever to figure out his name, too. i am not changing it now! :roll:

2. My doll's name was Donalee before I sent him off for his very first face-up. When he came back home, and I opened his box and got him put back together, he suddenly said he was Ro-Ari!! So..yes...his name's been changed ^^; Not that I mind, he's still my baby ^_^

3. fault.................

4. When I got my LH ShinCho, I thought he was Ashkelon, but then when I got his brother, LH ShinE some months later, I realized that he was Ashkelon, so ShinCho became Kieran. :)

5. I dont know if I COULD change Karo's name, even if I found a name I liked better. It just seems like its HIS name now, and I don't think your would change your child's name a few months after they were born. ;)

6. I named my Juri head and my Soony before either got here, and now that I've had them both for quite a while I have no names for them. Naming these dolls is so much harder than naming Pullips. :...(

7. i agree, people change their names all the time and perhaps your doll is having an identity crisis. If that the case, let her change her name. After all you want her to be happy right...:)

Christal

8. I've not changed a name, but I did drop off Kiyoshi's first & middle name after his story devoleped..I figured he wouldn't really know his family name after all.

Nomi my future hound was originaly named Doran with Nomi as a middle name but He'll go by his middle name as less confusion to the real life Doran I know.

9. Well, I've sold my Ttory and am thinking on getting a Dollzone Mo For My Hoo, And I realized since I had changed Kyran's wig his name no longer suited him Because it's a variation on Keeran which means little dark one.. He's not dark anymore because he has white hair, So I was thinking of renaming the both of them and just redoing their stories...

Have you ever done something like that???

10. The story I had planned for my Megi changed massively when I got him and gave him a face-up. Originally he was going to be an andriod boy, but once I had his face-up done, I liked him the way he was so much I didn't have the heart to go through with the mods.

11. If you wanna change her name then I'm sure she wants her name changed just as much.
      I've never really change a dolls name apart from one. I named him Jim at first then settled on Joe a few months later, we realised we liked that name better for him and I knew too many guys called Jim that are human.

12. Well both Ringo and Kishi have their previous foster and previous owner names. I dont think i will change Ringo's name for that fact that everyone knows him as Ringo, and it seems to suit him anyways.

I am debating changing Kishi's name...but i'm having diffculty with it, because i think she likes her name. i have time to think about it though. because she wont be home for awhile yet. so far the only name thats remotly hung around is Kisha...and it would mean only changing one letter...and i'd keep kishi as her last name anyways. I figured id use the dolls model name or previous owners name as a last name if i ever changed their name. to honour their previous owner.

So yeah. i dont think theres anything wrong with changing their names. its whatever make you and your doll happy! :)

13. When I got Shattergalss, I didn't have a clue who he was... I didn't know his name, didn't have a character picked for him... Nothing.

We couldn't just call him "elf boy" while I tried to puzzle him out, so we called him Cedar after the color of the wig he had on... He was Cedar for about a week and a half before I figured out who he was and which of that character's assorted aliases he would use. In his case, changing names was easy, because Cedar was never really his to begin with. It was just a place-holder.

#53 Brightfires, Sep 6, 2006
      Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    14. Kasimir's name was originaly Dante.. Until I found several other Dante's on the board, and he simply wasn't telling me about himself... So his name changed.. and now.. BEHOLD! We have Kasimir von Daagon, Brujah Prince of Austin

15. I'm tempted to change my sweet dream lucas' name,... mainly because it's hard for me to spell and pronounce. *L*. I love the meaning of it though... but I"ve named him that for so long that now I'm not sure if I s hould change it. stupid me! :doh

most of the time their names stick pretty well... but my Sakaki, while I like the name Justin, I'm not sure I wouldnt change it for something else if I thought of something better. the others, I really like their names for the most part.

16. I know exactly what you mean. I am going to be doing this with Saki-chan. Well, kind of. I'm keeping the original, but that doll will no longer be Saki. Saki will be transferred into my incoming Lily doll (who arrived at my dorm room a week before I go back *eep* ... thank god that the mail room lady is such a sweetheart and is keeping an eye on the package for me till I get there). She was just too perfect for the character, whereas the Obitsu Haruka head, while lovely, just wasn't what I had been imagining for her. I don't think I'll do this again though, since the only way I can justify it to myself is that Saki actually does have a body switch occur in her original back story.

17. I changed my incoming Lati K's name alot...about 3-4 times. After having my Zen for a year, and totally not bonding, I decided to change his name and his faceup. So instead of Amehiko Shinta, it's not Amehiko Ryushin. Although everyone still just calls him Shin. xD Amehiko is his surname, though.

18. Wow, old thread flying to the front. Well Erianthe, is still Erianthe. I tried out a lot of different names and nothing really just stuck. So I think she likes being Erianthe. Even while trying to rename her I kept thinking of her as Erianthe.

19. I think that if you buy a doll you have to right to change the doll's name because the personality and their lifestyle will be different now that they live with you.

I can see if your doll has a big change in their life and they need a new name but otherwise stick with one name.

20. I don't think there's much wrong with calling your Sooah as Sooah and Wu as Wu even if they do have their actual names XD

My AR Jade is still Jade after all^^
      He seems pretty content. It's the attention that he cares about more XD

As for name changes, I think it all depends on your attachment to the first name^^; If you can look at them again and not keep calling them by their previous name, I think all would be fine^^ Otherwise, I guess you are probably better off living with the old name when beat yourself up over trying to get used to the new name^^

And for personalities as well. But some people are a lot more sensitive about doll personalities, so I guess to each their own for this^^