1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing your doll's name

May 16, 2006

1. That's really good to hear :3
      I hope that means this dilemma is settled for you then^^

2. Ya, I agree ^^

I may as well metion that I changed my name when I was 15. Or the spelling anyway. From Erin to Aeryn. New people that I meet often tell me that I'm not an Erin, and that Aeryn suits me better. I guess it's all about who you really are... or in this case, who your doll is and whether they fit their name. At first, your doll is new and unknown to you, just like a newborn child.
      Lame comparisons= It's just the same as calling a cute little puppy 'Fluffy', and then Fluffy grows up to be a huge, scary mean machine of a dog. It just doesn't suit them after they grow.
      Ah, I make no sense, but I try :>

I wasn't sure what I wanted to call Hayden, so I gave him several names, one with an entirely different personality. Still to try out this 'ohsowonderful' technique... but I have confidence 8}

3. Funny I was just thinking about this all day today. I love the name "neomi." But it seems that everyone and their mothers has that name or at least something similar. I have no idea what to name her now and will offically be renaming her when I get her a resin body in a month or two....so neomi will be well, neomi or "mimi" untill I think of something. Or neomimi XD! That will always be her nickname though....

4. I've never really considered changing the names of my dolls, except I to consider changing Vlad's surname from Amarante to Amarant. Not really dramatic but xD thats my own sillyness.

Oh and Guide, I like goblin x33 it sort of just, fits with her you know?

5. I see nothing wrong with the name neomi, seriously^^
      It certainly sounds much better than Naomi anyway >w<~

6. Well when it came to my Shin ((ar natural tan Kai)) I just made his name shorter. He was a second hand doll and had a name and personality. So all i really did was shorten it to someting I could remember. Semi ((tanning lishe))on the other hand I didn't try to find out about ((she's second hand too)) cuz I wanted her to be Semi

7. My three always end up going by their default names, but I have a million nicknames for them depending on what style of clothing and of face ups i give them. like if they have a victoria look then they have a victoria name untill i change them to a modern or asian theme.

8. aww! Thank you so very much hun. And yeah, I love her name so much just because it sounds so cute...I just might keep it.

9. hey girl, who's name are you thinking of changing? ;)

Whenever I feel like changing a doll's name, I give them a nickname or a shortened varariation of their original name. For some reason I can't change it completely! ^^; It's like I had the name written on a mental birth certificate.

10. Erianthe's but that was waaaay back in May. I'm kinda the same way, which is why none of the new names fit, she was already Erianthe on her birth certificate and it would be bad to change it. She had so many names before she got here, but that was the one that stuck.

I think part of the dilema too was that she didnt have a "story" and I wasnt really getting one. I kept thinking that was bad, but I've now decided her story will come when it comes. You cant force people to relive the past and the present is what is important anyways.

11. So, I got a Mini Fee Soo and named her Rilee before she got here. Then when I got her she didn't really seem like Rilee. Now I dunno if I should rename her.

I play with her a lot but I haven't really made her a personality. Maybe that's why it's kinda hard to have her name feel right.

Hmm.. :/

So, has anyone ever renamed their dolly? :3

12. I got an El and was dead set on nameing him Aiden before I ever got him, but when I got him, he was NOT an Aiden, so he was renamed to Tristan.

13. I renamed and changed the character of my Leroi Snow.
      I also changed his/her gender and everything else.

14. Heh oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh MeMiis named changed 5-6 times, hehe Ive had her for a little more than half a year now, and Im actually thinking of changing it lol.

15. sure my second Wishel ..
      I called Luke , but its quite obvious , my 3rd Wishel is Luke
      so my second WIshel is now Adam:)
      so who am I to argue

My Soo I was convinced was Mimi
      but when she arrived ...she is Fred :)

16. Just a note that I've merged the thread "Renaming...? Has anyone ever done that befor?" with this one. :)

17. My Hound changed his name on me..when I got him..he swore it was Dalton....{I love the name..Patrick Swayze and all!;) } but then...told me it was actually Kisten..
      really though, I did name him Dalton, but then I was reading a book about a Witch who works as a CIA/FBI type, and her boyfriend is a Living Vamp..{not undead as the norm} and his description in the book, matched my hound pretty well so I changed it.

my KD Ttori was named Cian after another Vamp in a different book, because I like the name, but now I have changed her to BW with a DZ female girl body, so I will probably change her name too..

18. I never did actually.
      Though, when I sold Ophelia, the other person named her "Caitlin" so she did have a namechange.

19. I do well to give them ANY names, really, and sometimes they kind of morph over time. If they do, it's usually because they weren't quite right in the first place.

I don't see anything wrong with that. My CATS' names have oozed around a central core forever. The 20 year old cat came with the name Buffy, and she goes variously by Buffy, Buff, Buff-Puff, Buffalumpagus, Lump, Buffylumpyguts, Puff, Puffalump, Madame, and so forth depending on her mood. If it's good enough for this grande olde lady of the household, I don't see why my resinhorde should have any less flexibility :)

(Although... recently-named and recently-bodied Zentatsu, my Dragon Lord, may never outgrow Dragonbitsu :roll )

20. Hah, after a few months my doll's name was Ganymede, but that only lasted a couple days I think before it kind of wore off. Now his name is Murmur and I hope he keeps it since I made him a necklace with his name on it <____< XD But I think it's fine to change their names, I mean... people can change their names too, so why not? :3