1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing your doll's name

May 16, 2006

1. I've changed the spelling of one of my doll's names from Justyne to Justine... small change but it makes a difference to me. I don't see why you shouldn't change a doll's name if you think of something better -- perhaps the doll's look has changed to suit a different name better than the one it has, or perhaps you found out something about the old name that displeases you. I don't think it would be a big deal.

2. A couple of mine have been renamed. In fact, inspired by this thread, I'm renaming one of my others. Her name has been bugging me for a while and I do feel much better about the dolls I have already renamed.

3. Why not? I've changed a few names. I was just calling Baha Sweetums for a while then a friend came up with Lil' Dude & it stuck. Also, I completely forgot Lorelei's name, couldn't think of it no matter how hard I tried. Lorelei just popped into my mind & it really suited her so I've stayed with that. Obviously it was meant to be her name. I also changed Tamlin to Tamsin as I didn't really want him to have the same name as my cat but needed Tam-something. There are also 2 dolls that I plan on selling but will recycle their names onto someone else simply because I like them.

As Shakespeare said "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

4. After having Kana for a few weeks, It became a bit troublesome to continue saying - "Izayoi Arkana". I had combined the two names because I couldn't decide between and they both seemed to fit her.. I tended to call her Iza for short, but as time went on she became more like Arkana than Izayoi.
      So her background story developed and explained why she was known as Izayoi and is now known as Arkana. And it didn't help the matter that my art project (a life-sized paper-mache angel) was named Isabelle, and called Isa for short. It got a bit confusing...:sweat

5. I changed the name of my first MSD. It was originally Milan, but it didn't sound right, so after a couple of weeks, I decided to change his name into Diya, and it works much better, and sounds more.. right xD

And it sounds nice along with my other MSD's name, Tudor 8D

6. My boy's first name was Vesper, but I changed it to Ezekiel, since somehow the first one didn't suit him *it's the name of my chara* ^^'' My mother still calls him 'Vesper' anyway XD

7. Oh that's a reall problem for me((( I can't choose a good name for my girl and I think I'll change the one she has now...

8. A couple of my dolls have changed names...sometimes more than once! :o I'm so indecisive, it's bound to happen...

9. My doll first name was Mitsuki, because I really loved the main character from Full Moon Wo Sagash.i.t.e. I wanted my doll to be a bit like her, but... then I another name came up and I got more and more new ideas for my doll. So Natsumi (Beautiful Summer). ^_^; I think it fits her more.

10. I don't seem to be bonding with Discord, or maybe it's just a name thing. xD I've had him for about a year [Feels a lot longer @__@] but I still want to change his name.
      The good thing is, 'Discord' is actually an alias, and I could just randomly reveal his name. >__>

Now the thing I'm worried about are when my twins are coming. xD I really adored the name Belial, but there's already a MNF called Belial [And I secretly admire him to bits and pieces xD] So~~ Yeah. xD Might have to think on the name. I'm guessing I'll be changing the twins's name a few times. @___@;

In any case, some of the crew's name sticks. Such as Hiral-- because he's..well, Hiral. xD;; I guess it's half and half for me. I kind of want to change Qi Fing's name too, though my mother named him and it's a sort of.. eh thing. xD;

11. Hm.. Right now I call my doll by his company name (Dana), because he doesn't yet look like the character I meant him to be. Once his right eyes, outfit, and wig arrive and he's perfect and complete, I can call him by his real name. ^^

12. Well, it seems that my two Yo Tenshi boys have traded names.
      Moshe is now Donato, and Donato is now Moshe.

Apparently Lucifer told them they could switch, which doesn't surprise me in the least. *rolls eyes*

When Moshe first arrived, Lue insisted on calling him Mochi, and it stuck.
      Lol, now even I call him that most of the time. :P

Donato, as soon as he arrived, was immediately christened Donut.
      Again, Lucifer was the culprit.

So far I've managed to resist calling Doni by that nickname.

Of course since they switched names, they've switched nicknames as well.
      So Donato is now Mochi, and Moshe is now Donut...err Doni. ^_~

13. I changed my first doll's name within a week since he arrived. I don't even remember what his originalname was, but it just didn't fit once I got him. So instead letting him keep the unfitting name I changed it.

14. My sister named my doll Normandie. I kept the name because I liked the French/historical tinge but still could shorten it by calling her Mandie. I think many of us suit our nicknames because we're more casual than formal.

15. I have a guy right now that I'm having insane trouble naming x__X He's been called Verion, Phantom...and now Meta.
      It's the most terrible feeling~ ...Perhaps it will stick after he gets a new face-up... I hope T_T;

16. i prefer not to change their names, because then, he wont be him anymore. though, if i want a new character, then the first thing i would do is change his name^^

17. When I first got my Faro I had planned on naming him Tonic, but once he arrived he just didn't look like a Tonic to me..
      so now he's Syrup~ and I've bonded with him a lot better :aheartbea

18. I changed my Chris's name after having him for nearly a year. His shell never fit the character that Kei is to me, it took a loooooong time to find a new name that fit him. Dex seems to be working out just fine now. ^-^

19. I'm a wee worried about that because I did create my doll afte ra character and if he doesn't fit it when he comes (Lahoo DOT) then I think I'll be severely disappointed. It took me nearly 2 years to finally spend the money on him and I researched for a perfect doll to match like mad. I guess like real names I'll call him Saturn for awhile and see if it attaches, and if it doesn't I'll change it. I've changed my own name but I've left my old name as a middle name because my parents did give it to me and I honour that. So I think that should apply to my doll as well.

20. Some I change - some I leave original. It just depends on the doll - at least for me.