1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Chantal - Souldoll Zenith Girl!

Dec 4, 2009

1. The knees and elbows have turned me off the body. I wasn't a fan of their giant double joints in the first place, but this isn't working for me at all :(

2. Kawaii, how do these compare to other double joints? I have not seen many yet, so I thought these were small and subtle comparatively :(

They might be more valued when they fold, as a lot of double joints are hugely bulky when bent. These do look quite subtle as compared to say, Feeple joints.

Darn you souldoll, what's with the vanilla boring shots :( More posing!

3. I actually really like the body a lot and I really want the outfit from the 2nd version ... I wonder if it would fit a 68cm Legend Soom Gem girl??

4. OOOOOOOO, i likeys..... she has those wide hips that i love.... hmmmm, interested.

5. See I find the feeple joints look more natural in either a bent or non bent state. These look unnatural unbent, which to me is a shame, especially for the doll I was wanting the body for. Their knees will either be showing, or under tight leather pants, and I'm concerned the protuding ball will look odd. I'll just have to look for another body instead.
      Though I must say that with the exception of Spiritdoll and MSDoll, I'm not a fan of double joints for the most part, as a lot of them aren't that well engineered (ie: don't really work), and just add more bulk imo.

Dreadfulme: I'm loving that outfit too! I think I want both the outfits instead of the dolls themselves XD

6. I've never bought a doll from SoulDoll before but I like both version very much and really like the face ups. So my question is: Are the face ups done exactly as the pictures on the website? I would be very disappointed if I bought one of these girls and the face up was a little different.

7. I have to agree with you here, I was really excited when I saw this girl, but now that I see the body pics, the knees and elbows aren't what I was expecting, much less what I was hoping for. When I first saw them, I actually thought, "Hey, her joints look a lot like Dollmore's Lusion Dolls..." I will say the rest of her body is lovely, though. And that face is so very gorgeous.

8. The body looks interesting, but I am still going to need measurements to determine if I should get her or not. Is it just me or do the hands look under-detailed and sausagey?

9. Her joints reminded me of Lusion dolls' as well, which I think works for the chubby child look, but not so much for the tall elegant woman look.

10. She's altogether lovely...I'm wondering how she would look with a Dollshe guy, as I have one in mind for the future, and I really want to find a girl big enough for him.

11. Little disappointed with her knees, but I could live with it if I got her.....later on. I wonder what the non-human form will look like??

12. Eh, I'm not too crazy about her jointing. I think it could be the balls aren't blushed like the rest of the body and it looks awkward, but I'm not sure about how posable her torso looks. I guess this'll be a doll I'd like to see in person before I buy... (Still loving her head though~! The wig looks eerily similar on the second version to one I would buy for her...xD)

I'll wait for measurements to be released and more feedback on the body before I buy, I think. Good to know there's the prospect of her not being limited. :)

Oh, and about the hands... in a couple of the pictures they do look kind of chubby, sort of childlike.

13. Forget blue, I'd like to see this girl in amethyst colored resin. :aheartbea

14. Agreed about the fingers, they do look a bit uninteresting. But I plan on replacing them with Dika jointed hands (it looks like souldoll resin matches them, we'll soon see.) It's a shame they aren't more sculpted though.. They actually remind me of my Angell-Studio body's hands. Very flat.

Kawaii: Ah, I love double joints myself. After the inflexibility of the Soom bodies, I think I can handle a bit of chunkyness as long as it comes with flexibility! I am getting a Feeple body soon, as well as this girl when I can, so I will have to do some posing/comparison pictures for those who are not big fans of those joints :)

Looking at the pictures of the feeple bodies posed, I think I have to agree that their joints do look a lot better than souldolls. Those knees are quite bland and obvious especially.
      Argh. I was too wrapped up in the shiny new body size methinks. Looks like I may stick with Feeple bodies for the moment :)

15. Realistically, buying a doll is 99% about the face for me and the human version 2 of Shiva looks fantastic. I don't think I'll be fully interested until I see what the non-human version looks like though.

16. I can't stop oggling those lean curves... even the breasts are nice enough that I wouldn't want to mod them, she's even got the wide-ish hips and big thighs I was hoping for. I really hope she's closer to 70cm... then again if she's not, I'll be safe. I'd swap the hands out for something different, and the joints are smooth, simple and not clunky and severe like on the double bodies. As for price... she'll probably be around the $600 mark since double-girls are $575 ($587 for boys) and Zenith boys are $610.

17. So here I was eyeing Iple's Yir for a character of mine, and then this girl came along... I was just drawing that character yesterday - and Chantal looks nearly identical! :aheartbea

The knees are a bit strange, they're like a throw-back to the antique-type porcelain doll joints, but I think I can live with them... And the face-up on Ver. 1 is exactly what I need.

I do hope she's under 70 cm though, but above 63. Can't wait to see more!

18. I like the back of her neck, it's so very graceful and realistic and I like her face. It seems to be a versatile mold-version two looks very different from version one.

I just bought a Galena head for a character and am thinking that this girl would have worked better-if she's the right size. The Galena was WS too while I wanted NS for the character.

The Victorian frillies are awesome!

Am I hallucinating, or does she have just the tips of tiny fangs showing on her lips? Maybe it's the way the light is catching the gloss, but there are two white points of shine in the same place in several photos.

19. I kept thinking she would be a perfect vampire~! But I don't think she actually has fangs. It really does look like it though

Zenith boys are around the same size/slightly larger than Soom Supergem males, so I am thinking the Zenith girls will be perfect for Soom hybrids.

I wonder why Souldoll didn't do all the jointing and such with the larger girls that their double bodies have. Would be nice to see more girl bodies with posing capablilty. And it seems very strange that they go backwards in body capability.

I kind of wish that along with the faceup versions, they showed on doll sites what the blank head looks like :/

20. I actually rather like the joints. They reminded me of those fancy porcelain dolls... er that one lady makes. And I love those back dimples, I wish they'd put those on the soul kids as well. :<