1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. i'd like to get a certain doll to make into a little duck-esque girl ala "princess tutu"...of course, she wouldn't stay "duck" all the time, but i'd give her those big blue eyes and bright orange hair as her 'default" style :)

2. Eventually I plan to have a Suu from Clover,Kobato from the manga Kobato, a more humanoid version of Chii(probably using a DoT Shall),Fai from Tsubasa Chronicles and a whole host of others mostly Clamp and characters from the Hyung Tae Kim designed video games.

3. I'm saving up for a Shiwoo who I'm going to make into Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7, but more of the look of him when he's in Advent Children.
      My dollfie now, Ryu, isn't really anyone, but I might make him into Kadaj, or my made up character Kitsunabu. ^_^;

4. If space and money aren't an issue in the future, I would definitely get dolls to be Haruka and Kantarou from tactics. :aheartbea

As for my other boys - they're my own characters, but as you can see from my avatar, they're all going to end up cosplaying D.Gray-man characters, too.

5. My own characters would have words with me--I hope they don't do 'kneecaps'.

Though the dolls only rarely show much of their personalities to me ahead of time. My thought-up characters often show up only when the doll is here.

I wonder who Miko will be?

Ann in CT
      and Miko has just arrived.

6. Wow *blinks* Much more than I expected! Jrockers and historical characters would count, I believe, because real people can be characters too, can't they? Hehe! I do not own one, although I have had Alex cosplay Lestat just a little bit ^_^ I think if you really like a character, it wouldn't limit their options, because I would have fun dressing, say 'Snape', up in dark clothing he might wear, tease him he's wearing Muggle clothes and all :p I'd still torment them by varying their wardrobe!

Great characters mentioned. Speaking of Clamp, I would love to have an asexual bodied Koryu from Wish someday....and Kohaku would be cute! Naruto characters....man, I would love to see Neji! I just think he'd be neat with those eyes....

7. *points to sig*
      *points to avatar*
      'nuff said. :)

8. I have two ^^; They're not entirely the characters but based-off them ^_^ They have their own personality.

My Kun is Cagalli from Gundam Seed. She doesn't like dresses but I'm always dressing her up cute <3 I can't help it!

My Unoa L-bi is based-off Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

9. None of my dolls are based on a pre-existing anime/manga/game character, but I do like to make them cosplay for my own entertainment >D Still planning to make them cosplay from The Sandman and other Vertigo titles.

10. Do myths/folklore count? My Snake is from various bits of Native American folklore and the Garden of Eden story.

Whether he counts or not, though, I love seeing other people's character dolls. Especially when they don't keep too strictly to the original story and let the character develop further; I mean, it's nice to see a Sephiroth in full uniform, but I want to see a Sephiroth hanging out in his PJs too, you know?

I love some of the ideas mentioned on this thread - Koryu and Kantarou would be so great to see. :D

11. None of my doll(s) are based off other characters but they cosplay.

12. I'm going to be having two character dolls, and two that aren't. Itachi and Kabuto from Naruto.

Kabuto because I <3 him.
      Itachi because he demanded it. I was browsing Happydoll, and looked at the Arthur, and he just jumped out at me practically saying, "I am Itachi. You are bringing me home eventually. Or I will use Tsukiyomi on you."

13. *feels like she's cheated*
      confession: Neil actually evolved from the character i played in a class play//production one year.

The play is called Dolls and it was written by Jerome McDonough in 1988, if you want to look it up. His part is here.

It's not the worlds gretaest play and my teacher had the worst directional skills so she couldn't actually comprehend his part, so i use to fight with her almost every class about how he should act and be portrayed. In the end i acted it the way she wanted it done for our classes and on the night i acted it out the way he would have actually said it had he been there.

The audience loved it but she gave me a stupid mark for not doing it how she had dictated it -___-; high school theatre is such a drama.

Neil just kind of stuck with me after that, I guess there is more to it, but basically from there he evolved and died.

14. I have an Elfdoll Wu that is based on the character, Miroku, from Inuyasha. :)

15. Yes! Exactly what I meant! That way, it won't be as if you need the doll in limited wardrobe. And with Cloud, you could crossdress him too; they did in the game lol

Great stories! Yes, I think any mythology/legend/story counts.

It counts ^_^

Ah! I love Miroku :D I've seen Sesshoumaru around somewhere here, once, too...No Inuyashas? Imagine if someone had the set of those three (and a chibi Shippo)!

16. My Karl Lejonhjärta is of course based on the character in Astrid Lindgren's book The Brothers Lionheart. He's not still the ten year old version in the book though, he's a developed "fanfic" version a few years older, and a few worlds wiser as well. ;)

(And if I don't hurry up and get his brother home soon I fear he'll attack me in my sleep. *looks angstfully into empty wallet*)

17. One of my new boys is based on Tsuzuki from Yami no Matsuei, personality wise. I tend to not create character dolls, but I don't mind cosplaying them.

18. <-- Mildly obsessed with Sesshoumaru, which led to the enevitable creation of a Sesshoumaru doll. ^^;

19. Moridin from the Wheel of Time and in a few weeks I shall have Tom Riddle.

Yep, two literary overlord types :D

20. Can't wait to see a Tom Riddle! He's my 2nd favorite character in the series (Snape's my first). And omg I love your avatar :D