1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Awww yeah, Game of Thrones shout out over here :XD:

2. I'm just throwing these ideas out here because I haven't actually started working on these dolls yet, but...

...One of the wigs I bought for my new Obitsu girl is a short, light blue one. I'm waiting to see how well it suits her, because if it does, she may wind up becoming a (literal) doll of Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I'm also tempted to turn my MIO Isul into Shuichi Shindou from Gravitation because I found a wig and some clothes in his size that strongly remind me of that character.

3. Yeaaaaaaaaaaa :celebrate

4. I only have one xD Naoto (Koizumi) is based on Inaho Kaizuka from Aldnoah.Zero. He shares many of the same traits as the character he's based on, but belongs in a story of his own along a good number of other characters. I picked his name because Inaho's sister, Yuki, calls him 'Nao-kun' in the series, thus it stuck. ^ ^;

5. I kinda want to make a doll based off of Ayato Naoi from angel beats.

Oh! That sounds amazing. Are you going to post pictures somewhere after you are done?

6. Of course~ Have no idea when I'll be done, since it may take a while to do the faceup. And I'm making the wig completely from scratch as well

7. My dolls are very loosely based off of fandome Kylo and Hux characters, originated from Star Wars the Force awakens movie. Technically mine are AU characters. I quit the kylux fandome due to reasons but still loved the characters and there naughty fanon relationships. So I thought I'd proceed to dolls :wiggle

8. Miko Mido from La Blue Girl and the less said about that and her the better...
      Started as a joke, (the outfit being made for a doll named Syrinx) then I decided to get a doll for the character.
      I don't imagine she'll be a staple at most cons and meets lol

#688 Xanadu, Oct 29, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    9. I'm planning to make a Mephisto Pheles from Blue Exorcist in the far off future! <3 <3 <3

10. Would love to base a couple on Outlander's Claire and Jamie Fraizer. Have not found the ones that speak to me.

11. I was wondering, have any of you created an anime character as a custom doll? Like say you made Ash Ketchum as a doll. (Sorry, first person that came to my mind. XDD) I would love to see pictures. ^_^

12. Haha, that's really awesome! :3 Thanks for showing me!

13. Oh! Really interesting! Thank you for making this thread or I might not have found that.

14. No problem! :3

15. I dont have complete one yet but i plan on making one (i have Shibuya Rin limited edition clothes set already but i need head)
      You can see her here
      Yukino

16. I don't have any dolls at the moment that are based off of characters but I am putting together a doll to base off of Shin from Amnesia (I'm thinking using a Resinsoul Mai). I've haven't seen the anime yet, though. I've only played the visual novel, but I've also heard the anime is bad so it might be a while before I get around to seeing it. Anyways, huge Shin fangirl!

I currently have a doll that isn't exactly based on but more "loosely inspired" by Nachi from Full moon O'sagashite (I'm so upset he didn't make it into the anime :...(). Mostly he has a couple of similar personality traits and has a look very loosely based off of him.

17. I'm currently saving for a trio of dolls as a project! I'm in love with the series Katanagatari and want to make a Princess Hitei, Emonzaemon and Maniwa Houou doll, with several outfits and wig styles (:

They are really the only dolls I want and the main reason I've reinvigorated my love for this hobby tbh :3 especially with the gorgeous work that DZ and DC are putting out ;u; I know it's not a popular trope for dolls, but it's lovely seeing other peoples!

18. I really want to make a doll of young Genji from Overwatch, even though it's not really an anime lol. but yeah character dolls are so fun!!

19. I have two dolls that portray characters from a book series called Daomu Biji. They are Zhang Qiling and Wu Xie. I was not really planning to have them, they just kind of happened because Ringdoll put them out and the Daomu Biji fan in me just could not say “no”. ;)