1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. At the moment I'm making D from Vampire Hunter D. I already have the body that I wanted, so in my spare time I'm recreating his outfit and will eventually be doing his wig. Just, he is such a lovely looking character (from the 2000 movie adaptation I mean) and I'm a real sucker for the classic vampire gothic stories. Just....ugh I wish I was finished already. :aheartbea:aheartbea

2. This just reminded me of the fact that my guy, Tahmos, had a lot of his face-up inspired by Adam Lambert in a few of his stage looks (especially in photos where he used eye-shadow/glitter around the eyes). Also, he has Adam's little smirk and a few shared personality traits as well.:kitty2

3. I dream of having a doll picturing my muse (he's a mere human musician but also has 2d avatar - normal thing for nico nico singer), but as he has a very specifiс face i doubt if i ever find a sculpt that will be good enough. Also, i'd be too jealous to let someone mke minimee))))) so i suppose i'd rather make the head by myself when i have more skills, and leave existing molds for original characters, because they are are more bishounenish

4. On the one hand, I really want my next doll to be based on a favorite character who's meant a lot to me... but because he's been so difficult to find a good match for, I'm likely to go with an original character who's easier to shell. Although, with how long it tends to take me to put the cash in the dolly fund between everything else in life, maybe I'll find the perfect doll or a workable hybrid by the time I'm ready to buy again. But I love hearing about everyone's favorite characters and who they think would make the best versions of them. This thread is my happy place right now.

5. My first and only doll at the moment is based off of Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray. I though it was suiting for a pretty little doll.

6. Someone else would have to make a Zen to go with him. XD

(Darn it. Now I want a little resin Lucio... or a YO-type Chibi!Reaper. :lol: )

7. oh nooooo, that would be so cuuuute.... ;A;
      this is the kind of overwatch content I need!!! Their clothing is just so complicated though!

8. Someday I would love a Frida Kahlo doll. She's always been my idol and I think it'd be cool to have her in doll form. If I ever see the right sculpt I might bite the bullet and go for it.

9. Well, basically my entire crew consists of preexistent characters...Marvel's Avengers. Though I gave them a twist of my own. And there is also Mr. Spock...my own version (though of course based on the Star Trek character). And then there is Raphael, my phoenix angel...and he is partly based on the archangel.

And lately I had this crazy idea of a parallel world of Elves, but these will be heavily based on Lord of the Rings.

10. That's the hardest part, yeah... especially since mine would have to be the Nevermore version. That would just be a royal pain in the rear at 1/6-scale. o_0

(For you guys who have no clue what Star and I are yammering on about... This is Reaper the Overwatch character in his Nevermore skin. XD He's a stylish nightmare.)

11. I reeeeeally want an Alucard and an Integra doll! Immortality of Soul has a perfect head for Alucard, the only thing is finding an Integra, and the money for them XD

12. I'm planning to order my first doll, and he'll be based on Kokonose Chuuta from elDLIVE!!
      (because I'm obsessed oops)

13. I would really love to have bjds of Leia, Luke, Han, Yoda and young Obi-wan as dolls some day, But I can't ever see myself having the funds. One can dream I guess.

14. Ringdoll as a model that with some minor tweaking will look just like Ran from Weiss Krues. I plan on getting him someday.

15. I want to make character dolls for the chinese vocaloid Luo Tianyi, and for the rpgmaker game characters Wadanohara and Madotsuki! Possibly Ib, as well.

Overwatch dolls would be so amazing, honestly!! I'd love Symmetra...and a doll sized teleporter!

#715 Opheliaccat, Aug 13, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2017
    16. I would not, but its okay if you do.

17. Super Sonico!!! I tried dressing mine up but it's just not the same. I'm hoping on buying the Super Sonico one some day!

18. I know there are doll sculpts based on real actors/characters, as well as Vocaloid ball jointed dolls, but do any of you have pictures of pre-existing sculpts done up in clothes/makeup to tribute a character from a show/game/book/etc? Curious.

19. I've a few dolls I've made into characters from comic books, anime/manga, and other books, but I do not own any of the pre-made sculpts.
      I know there are some sub threads around for dolls from comics, dolls based on WoW, dolls from Black Butler to name a few of the many things in threads that could relate to this subject.

20. I have some dolls I made into VK artists which are no minimees. They are ordenary sculps who are available on the market for everyone (as long as they are not sold out)
      ^^