1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I made my Iplehouse Juan to Albus Severus Potter, posted in Doll Profile. Currently making and commissioning materials for the character Alfonse from Fire Emblem Heroes! :XD:

If you notice, my title said Cosplayer Doll, my dolls and I cosplay ! So yes I do make my dolls into preexisting characters.

2. I have always planned to make Chocolate and Vanilla from the Sugar Sugar rune manga. I still havent found the right doll for them, but they are going to happen. Even if its 10 years from now. I love Annos style with the clothes and such.

Im hoping I can learn to make bjd shoes and customize wigs with better detail when I get them going. I dont really expect to find the right witchy shoes and pumpkin pants otherwise.

As for non anime I hope someday I can make Cassidy from Preacher. Probs more leaning towards his tv looks than the comic, I love how joe portrays him.

3. For as long as I've been in the hobby, I've wanted a doll styled after Dante (Devil May Cry) and have recently put the prospective sculpt on layaway. And, I've got one I'm currently working at styling after Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil). Their sculpts are off-topic, so I can't say too much about them here, but I'm working on my sewing skills when I have the time and progress is being made slowly. They likely won't be exact, but if I simply remark that they're "in the style of" these characters... well, what does it matter if a prop is slightly wrong or the hair isn't quite right?! :lol:

I also keep thinking about the Modoll Jensen Ackles head, but not so much for Dean Winchester. Then again, I did think about, if I get him, I'd feel as though I'd have to get the other two (Misha and Jared). I'm a big SPN fan, so it'd be only natural to have the (albeit unofficial) BJD sculpts of the actors... ;):lol:

4. I HAVE a plan to make Fuma Kotaro in samurai warriors, but no money for that now. lol lol

5. I have a Soom Idealian who I only got to be Alucard from Castlevania (still working on his costume so I don't have him up anywhere yet)
      I just purchased a secondhand Supia/ResinSoul hybrid who I am going to dress up as the Plain Doll from Bloodborne, but I will use her as an OC, too

6. I've been planing out Lucy from 'Elfen Lied'.
      I've found head sculpts for both her Nyu and Lucy personas and I found a face-up artist that I feel would do it perfectly. I'm going to buy everything from Volks. She is from a manga/anime. The main issue I'm having if finding a wig and the money.

7. And that's changed a little since I originally posted it.

One of those dolls who chose her own character, chose to be one from a favourite series of children's books, and I was then stuck with the job of tracking down the right sculpt to be her sister.

Teddy

#747 Teddy, Apr 17, 2019
      Last edited: May 17, 2019
    8. I'm in the process of putting together a doll of Marvel's Loki. Finding the head sculpt for him actually got me back into BJDs. I have his head and body so far.

9. My dream is to own a BJD based off of Drocell from kuroshitsuji, back when I got my first BJD and he came with purple eyes I nearly cried lol.

10. I'm currently making a kiddelf into Yumeno Kyusaku from Bungou Stray Dogs! And I'm soon to be an owner of a dollfie dream Miku, who is already her character. I also have many other plans to make characters dolls, it's a way for me to spoil my fav fictional characters. :XD:

11. yes, i have. just look at profile picture.I am planning to have more.:XD:

12. That doesn't actually tell people (like me) who don't recognize those characters anything.... Just saying.

Teddy

13. Currently working on Iwaizumi from Haikyuu! Once I'm done with him, I'll tackle Oikawa from Haikyuu! as well.

14. I would love to have a BJD based on Nana Osaki. There are a lot of clothes that would suit her style, so I wouldn't have to worry about a lack of clothing choices.

15. Do you have any dolls based off of other characters from other sources such as tv, anime, or manga? If not, would you ever style one based off of an outside source?

16. One of the dolls I plan to shell is based on a character from an obscure teen Vampire series. I projected a lot onto her when I was young. She was kinda my way of exploring and understanding my sexuality. She was the major villain I’d always wanted to see a redemption arc for (and ironically, has a girlfriend now in a canon spinoff—guess my 13 year old self could sense it. Her faceup would end up being just so pretty, because of the facial tattoos vampires get in her series. I’ve been between iplehouse Doria and Carina for her for years... she might become the character for my incoming f65 Angela...

17. I have two that I'm slowly working on. Their sculpts are off-topic, so I can't go into details about them, but I'm steadily turning them into Leon Kennedy [Resident Evil] and Dante [Devil May Cry].

Dante, more so than Leon, has been a dream of mine in doll-form since I joined the hobby about eight years ago. So, to have him "completed" on the shelf would be an accomplishment. I'm just wishing I'd chosen on-topic sculpts for them both, to be able to freely post them around this forum. But there are other places I can show them off instead.

And, I don't just outright state that they are Leon and Dante, as there will be someone out there that turns around and observes "his hair colour isn't right" or "he doesn't wear that style of coat". They're my interpretations of the characters. My fan-art, if you will. I can take inspiration from other fan-art, too. Dressing them in suits or outfits that aren't canon to their games. Of course, when I do, I will be sure to credit the other artists for their inspiration when and where I can. I just want to have fun with them.

18. @ivorysand i get that completely, fandoms can Be so particular about really minor aspects of characters. I’m very lucky, in a sense, that there’s almost no fandom for my series, cause I’ll be impressed if anyone here is familiar with the series I’m working from (house of night). If they are, I’d imagine I’ll hear a lot about how she’s canonically the villain, and she’s evil and such, but it’s so unlikely that she pretty much seems like an OC to most. Best of luck with your guys!!

19. I have a character based on Starscream from Transformers, and another who is also based on Terrorsaur from Beast Wars. For the most part, I want to have dolls based on my own characters and writings, but for characters with a strong aesthetic *that I like* I bend my own rule.

@ivorysand Calling it Fan-art puts it into perspective for me! I'm definitely a fan of lots of things, but my fannishness isn't the kind that usually makes fan-art. Having visual representations of characters that I like their strong visual presence is...yeah, like making fan art! (Mind blown)

#759 A Wee Tiefling, May 26, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2020
    20. @Chameleon - I have not heard of House of Night, so I can't say anything exact about the character. But why should it matter if she's the villain? Technically, Loki is a villain character. Maybe, he's better labelled as something of "from a villain to an anti-hero to a martyr". My point is that, right from the start, people in this hobby wanted and got Loki in doll-form. When he was a villain. If you connect with a character, whether good or bad, and you want a doll of them to show that connection, then you go for it.

I just thought, one day, "why not call them fan-art" as they essentially are an art-form curated by a fan. Fan-art! Without being outright art, either.