1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I have Chii (volks official Chii) and I have Chii (Ken Stone's modified Soo version).

2. I'd love a Sephiroth...it would be interesting to have him as a character away from ShinRa. (I actually got the idea from a really good, deep fanfic...) But he'd be so far down the road he'd probably never see the light of day. (I do have several 1/6 character dolls. I feel less silly for spending $30 to make one instead of $500...)

3. oo i'd love to see your girls :D

i have a dollfie dream 1 Chii and at christmas im getting a hound who will be Hideki :)

i also have the ghost in the shell gynoid doll called motoko :)

4. See the signature ^^

5. I would absolutely LOVE to buy a Hound and turn him into the Goblin King, Jareth, who is from the movie Labyrinth, which is my all-time favorite movie. I saw, actually, that someone on the board already does have a Jareth, which is awesome. Maybe I should make a Sarah, if I can find a doll that looks like Jennifer Connelly. And she would HAVE to have the dream gown from the crystal ballroom. It's an absolute must. :)

If I can find the right colored eyes and wig, and the money to buy elaborate Chinese emperor robes (preferrably in red), Lore is SO going to cosplay my favorite anime character Hotohori, from my favorite anime Fushigi Yuugi. Although, Lore's personality is more like Miroku's than Hotohori's, now that I think about it. lol

I was also considering turning a tan Dark Elf Soo into Leetah, from Wendy Pini's ElfQuest series (I adore it muchly!). I'd also love to find a male elf, or to put a BW DES head on a male body, and turn it into Cutter, Leetah's lifemate. I don't think it would be possible to make a Leetah, though, since her hands would have to be modded to have only four fingers each, and modding like that can't be done on tan-skinned dolls, as I understand it. :(

6. I found this thread and had to post, because I'm always flaunting my boys and their basis on the characters of the CW TV show, "Supernatural". Lynx and Wren are based on Dean and Sam Winchester, and I'm planning many more to match the cast, LOL :)

The trick is that they're based on a form of fanfic/fanart in a way--because I love and write fanfic and I make lots of fanart, and in my mind, they fit both bills in a unique way--but there is original character in the mix, and especially since they have their own subtle personalities developing all their own because they're my babies :)

7. Well Vince won't dress as anything else but Harry:
      [​IMG]

8. All original characters here, though I've done commissions to recreate characters from popular media.

Sera~

9. I would LOVE to have a Zuko(Avatar: the Last Airbender) BJD. I like that series and I love his character.

10. I just saw Ichi the Killer and it would be pretty cool to have Kakihara doll. He'd be way too complicated, though, so I wouldn't bother. Besides, I prefer having characters where I have complete creative control and didn't have to worry about staying true to the original. Same reasons I don't write fanfiction or RP with existing characters. It's much more fun for me to make my own.

11. To say again, I'm going to have a doll of Fran from FFXII.
      She will be heavily modded by armeleia, and I'm in the process of getting her now ^^

12. I have no desire to ever own a doll based off someone elses characters.

13. don't own any, and i don't want to make any permanent character dolls. But i'm serious about making an Uncle Iroh head (from avatar: last airbender), and making a fatsuit for one of my dolls XD (it will most likely be "dude" the msd sized doll i'm making now). I'm making plans to mod a CP MNF Lishe into Medusa (greek mythology).

14. Recently, I've noticed a few folks making their dollfies into pre-established canon characters; ie: characters that already exist in movies, books, comics, TV, manga, etc.

I can understand why folks would do it, but I just never could bring myself around to doing it myself, as it never has had any appeal to me for one reason--they're already someone else's character.

So what I'd like to hear opinions on is just that-- what's the appeal of your own characters vs canon ones? Even MY dolls are a variation of sorts in regards to pre-established folks. My Brody is based on a role play character I came up with years ago. His personality's already set, but he's mine. Pasha, my Lishe, developed as I was waiting for her to arrive, and Sovay is STILL becoming who she is... but again, they're all mine.

SO, what are your thoughts?

15. No, and I don't plan to, but really...

I have a trillion cosplay outfit plans. I'm going to make a whole bunch of cosplay outfits and force Lucas to wear them (when I get him). xD One for Balthier, one for Axel, one for Captain Jack Sparrow... *rattles on*

That'll tide over both my fandom and my wallet. *_*

16. At some point I would love to have dolls based on Morphius and a Death from Neil Gaimans Endless. I am such a huge fan of The Sandman, that over the years I have spent $$$$ on original art from the books, and have all of the figures, ect, ect, ect. So having my very own versions of M & D is my idea of heaven.

And yes, I am a sad obsesive, and my art collection has been known to scare grown men!:o

On the other hand, Remy is totally his own carracter, as will Mo Lan (her name will be picked when she arrives) be.

17. Hmmm...it would be nice to have a character doll, but I have no intention to make a character doll, coz I have waaaay too many OCs. xD; I prefer to use my own OCs, and not someone else's characters. If you think about it, I find it somewhat copying or stealing. Yeah...I'll sort of feel uncomfortable if I have character dolls, since it's not your own. The closest I'll ever get to having a character doll is cosplay.

18. I would like to get one of the larger males that are available and turn him into Acheron from the Dark-Hunter series (got quite a bit of a discription to work with) and maybe Simi from the same series. It just be something neat to do. There are a number of characters I could do from romance novels I read, but right now it's just too expensive for me to do.

19. I have a doll that shares attributes with a character I like, enough so that I can force him to cosplay around Halloween. I'm not sure I'd trust myself to invest that much money in a character that isn't mine, though. What if I fell out of the fandom? *_*

20. There are certain characters I think would be fun to dress my doll up as (Shirou Kamui or Sumeragi Subaru leap to mind) but I don't think I could buy a doll specifically for either of them. ^^;;; Partly because I've had people kill me off fandoms and I would kick myself if I bought a doll for either of those and that happened and mostly...

My original characters are all lining up to get their own shell. ^^; I think /they/ would murder /me/ if I bumped a pre-made fan character up before them.