1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.

1. oh yes, I understand! Mine are pretty tall (66.5cm) - I love tall dolls, but it's always an effort to take them with me.

So I can understand your reasons quite well.
      These dollies are so cute!
      I think they'll make great little WangXians and WangXiaos <3

I'm also planning to make a doll in a heaven Official's blessing attire. I just got a new one who totally looks like Xie Lian...

2. That's awsome! Feel free to message me an we can talk more. that way we don't spam this thread. But i'm excited for my plans! And looking forward to seeing yours!

3. The doll I'm saving up for now is to be a character doll of Ai Mikaze of Uta no Prince-Sama! I want to have him along with my merch display for him.

4. I really want to do Aphelios from league of legends, Goohwa would be so fitting. I'm just hoping to get my hands on him

5. I've gone from "never gonna do a character doll, what's the point" when I started the hobby to now having one (Nie Huaisang from mo dao zu zhi/The Untamed) and preparing for a second one (Lan Xichen from the same series).
      The Nie Huaisang doll is one I was thinking of selling for cheap just to be rid of it because it was just hanging out and being useless but has now turned into my main and most favourite doll, which is fitting for such a character
      I used to think it'd be too limiting to have a character doll, but I end up playing with his looks a lot, trying both to give him accurate clothes and more modern looks... I never expected to have such fun with this, but I'm glad of the impulse decision to make this character

6. Nie Huaisang doll? Oh I would love to see him!
      Sounds pretty interesting.
      I also thought about a Jiang Cheng doll,because I came to like this guy a lot recently

7. Oh, Jiang Cheng as a doll would be amazing! He's such an interesting character (but, well, they all are!) And I absolutely love what you've shown of your Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian, they are stunning!

My boy is still very much a work in progress, and he's based on the donghua more than the drama, but still here he is

8. Wow I wrote that 3/27/11...and I now own an ImplDoll Colby based after Totodile. My obsession with Pokemon has not changed! But besides that, my answer hasn't. I've loved Pokemon for longer than I've loved BJDs, so that's quite an exception. I can't even remember what else I may have been interested in 9 years ago, so it must be a good thing younger me had this acute of foresight into my attachment to things.

9. I have plans for so MANY character dolls. Most that I have secured heads or bodies from. Its what got me back into the hobby.

Full dolls coming for:
      Gojo Satoru - Jujutsu Kaisen
      Dio Brando - Jojo Bizarre Adventure

Heads secured for:
      Claude Faustus - Kuroshitsuji
      Alois Trancy - Kuroshitsuji
      Toge Inumaki - Jujutsu Kaisen

Looking for molds for:
      Getou Suguru - Jujutsu Kaisen
      Hisoka - Hunter x Hunter
      Aizen Sousuke - Bleach

10. I can't wait to see pictures of him! I, uh, really like DIO.

11. He's my fav Jojo character! I recently just ordered him tho so he prob wont be here until August then ill ship his head off for faceup so he probably wont be ready until October. I got some eyes for him already (orange like in the anime but Jojo colors change so much I am not sure if I will go with another color) and I got a few wig options I will try to style but if nothing works commissioning a custom wig too.

12. I have two dolls that are based on existing characters. One was a full set from IOS for Gankutsuou so was designed specifically to be that character by the company. The other is a hybrid I made to look like Ruvik from The Evil Within.

13. The two current dolls I am working on are Frisk and Chara from Undertale. It's so much fun finding all of the accessories to go with them! They both still need faceups though.

14. Welp, since this post a couple of years ago, I've added a couple more character dolls to My Crew. :kitty2

13.) Natasha Romanoff: an arachnid version of Black Widow
      14.) Adama Ant: a female, ant version of Adam Ant from the 1980s

Also #1 on my list, Sakuma Ryuichi as a five year old has come home. :3nodding:

I'm more than likely not going to do more than keep Ryuichi's toddler/two year old self's faceplate as just that, a faceplate. I didn't realize exactly how tiny a LittleFee is, and I don't think I want to go any smaller. Its difficult as it is to find clothes for a boy LittleFee, and all the PukiFee clothes I've seen so far are for girls. :nowords:

Character dolls are pretty fun, especially if you buy or better yet, make canon outfits for them to wear. Of course, my character dolls also have clothes that are well outside the outfits they're known to wear. :3nodding:

Ryu

15. I would love some Final Fantasy XIV characters as mini-sized BJDs. I’m not big on SDs or vinyl, so I passed on the Y’shtola dollfie dream from Volks.

16. I have several dolls modeled off of video game characters including Heather from Silent Hill 3, two Little Sisters from Bioshock, and Ellie from The Last of Us.

I'm not strict with their appearances. I'm fine with getting the idea of the character across via faceup, eyes and wig. I'll make their signature outfits and props, but will dress them in other things for variety.

17. I have two! They're still a WIP overall but I have G'raha Tia from FFXIV & Noctis from FFXV. G'raha wasn't planned at all but when I saw the wig on sale, it just clicked for the doll I had ordered and he became that character :D
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

18. Several years ago I voted here and said I'd never have a character doll... I was so naive xD
      It seems I can't change my vote but... I can tell you I'm waiting on my own version of Doctor Strange!

Two of my dolls urgently needed a change in their characters (or else I was thinking of selling them) and, as I've been writing quite a lot about Doctor Strange and an OC of mine... He's not based on the MCU's Doctor Strange though, but on a particular recent comic plus my personal view of him, so I feel him almost as another OC.

So I sent him to an artist to make a wig and a face-up and I hope he'll be home soon. He's only lacking his red cloak and his blue tunic, but I've decided I'm going to try to do them myself first instead of directly asking a seamstress so I can test my sewing skills a bit. Wish me luck! I'll post some pics here when he's home!

19. I honestly got into BJD because I wanted to make character dolls from Arknights -- my gf and my favorite game... 5 dolls later and I still haven't made them, but I do have some concrete plans now and will definitely be making them in the future!

20. I have Sandor Clegane finished. Beric Dondarrion is naked in my china cabinet waiting for clothes. Brienne of Tarth is waiting to come home and then the wait will begin for her clothes. Black Widow is waiting for her body to be strung and for her clothes to arrive.