1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. A have a couple characters that I would love to turn into dolls (Albedo from Genshin Impact and Toge Inumaki from Jujutsu Kaisen) but I'm just so nervous about never finding the perfect sculpt, wig, clothing, etc for them haha! It's mainly the sculpt though, also figuring out if I'd want them as SD's or MSD's

2. I definitely prefer having my own OCs in doll form, but there are a few exceptions. I have a Dollfie Dream 2B coming home to me soon - she's one of my favorite characters ever! Custom-wise I'd love to make Karin from Revue Starlight or Mima from Perfect Blue. I'm not sure how high up on a want list they would be, though. ...Maybe my girls wouldn't mind cosplaying?

3. I have Xie Lian from tgcf, and my next customizing projects are going to be to make Mobei Jun and Shang Qinghua from svsss!

Honestly, I got into customizing fashion dolls because i wanted dolls for Eilonwy and Taran from the Prydain Chronicles and characters from Jane Austen and other things that I can't ever seem to find. I always want dolls of my favorite characters and usually can't find them! BJD's are no exception for me :D

4. I mostly prefer coming up with my own characters and shelling them, but I have come up with plans for dolls based off of the main Howl's Moving Castle characters (it's my favorite Ghibli movie, and is such a comfort to me). I haven't read the book (yet), but I know many changes were made for the film version, so I plan to blend both together to create something new, but familiar!

5. So here I am, bringing up this old topic xD

I recently build Silco from the LoL-Series Arcane. I love this character so I made my own Silco ^^

He's a Granado V01 Head on a Ringdoll RGM3 Body (because of expensive reasons he has to share the body with Echo).
      Initially I wanted to use a Ringdoll K Head, but you know the struggles with sould-out items.

I sculpted Apoxie on the head, made the wig and did the whole outfit. A dear friend of mine is a talented face-up artist. She did the sanding and the face-up.

[​IMG]
      Silco
      by Nina K., auf Flickr

[​IMG]
      Silco
      by Nina K., auf Flickr​

6. That’s awesome work @Pinkes Pony ! So many details!

I didn’t have a character doll for the longest time. Thought about it but never really went ahead with it. Then I found a sculpt that screamed at me to turn him into Link from The Legend of Zelda series and yeah, I love him. It has been so much fun making everything for him and getting back into sewing. I’ve been in this hobby since 2007 and this is the first time I’ve actually really modded a doll and gone to this level of craft.

I always thought a character doll would limit my creativity, but it actually forced me to form creative solutions and opened up a whole world for me to craftily explore.

A quick pic of Link in his Twilight Princess garb (I also made his Breath of the Wild kit).
      [​IMG]

7. I have 2 YoSDs as Emiya Shirou and Kishinami Hakuno from Fate! I have an SD version of Hakuno, but i'm still shopping around for a good SD Archer body haha.

8. I would love my doll to cosplay Lysithea from Fire Emblem: Three Houses, but I don't want a full-time Lysithea sitting around judging me all the time!

9. I don't and don't plan to own any character dolls but man do I really like the looks of some people's! :D

10. i've been trying to make a doll based off of lanling wang from the fate/grand order game and i even have his mask all sorted out, but for the love of heaven just finding the right kind of wig for him has been nearly impossible.

the closest i've gotten is seeing it on telesthesia's xiao bei, but that's part of a fullset doll and i don't want to buy a whole doll just for a wig lol.

in the meantime i'm trying to get a character made into my elezen from ffxiv. again i have the clothes sorted out, but finding the right wig is proving to be a pain again...

11. I’m working on Georgie from Stephen King’s IT. I’m having a hard time deciding which version I’m making though, I don’t know if I want to be accurate to one version or just do my interpretation of all of them. Sometimes you choose recognizable over accuracy but I don’t want to get hate from other die hard fans..

12. I don't at the moment but I do want to at some point.

The doll I got into BJD's to shell is a nearly thirteen year old OC who was initially my player character in Dragon Age Origins. I also want at the very least her love interest.

If I won the lottery I would also like the rest of the characters from that universe as dolls. Which would comprise probably twenty plus dolls in a variety of sizes at least half of which would be Dragon Age characters and a chunk of them would have to be custom cast because I'm a bit pedantic about the scale staying the same and also body shape.

13. I have a Rin Tohsaka DD and I do like her character/source material but I’m not planning to keep her “in character”. Her original outfit is in storage right now (except the shoes, which are Mika’s now)

14. I don't have one yet but want to have one based on Mikey and Takemitchy from Tokyo Revengers. Finding ones with faces that match the characters has been hard tho.

15. I would love to see your dolls, @ZaidaBoBaida!

I was finally able to get Shindou Shuichi his faceup, and I found his sailor fuku! The fuku still needs work, but he looks like his Gravitation character now. :D

[​IMG]
      Shuichi's new faceup
      by Ryuichi Sakuma, on Flickr

Now to find a sunflower hairclip small enough for him, like from the anime. :whee:

[​IMG]

Ryu

#815 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Sep 24, 2022
      Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    16. Oooh I'm also wanting to make my character from ffxiv into a bjd. He will definitely be my first bjd when I start making him!

17. I haven't really thought about having one of a character, but after seeing others wanting certain character dolls or made one of video game characters I would love to have at least one in my collection when I start.

18. I have dolls of Towa and Setsuna from Yashahime as well as an Amity from Owl House. I also have a doll whose character is based heavily on Erina from Food Wars but she's not the exact character. I want to make an Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn and I really want a Peter Pan (from the 2003 live action film).

19. @pendragon.sama Towa and Setsuna would make awesome dolls! I'd love to see them if you've got any photos!

I'm currently working on a Koga and Inuyasha from the Inuyasha anime (Inuyasha will have an anime look and a more semi-realistic head to go alongside Koga). I didn't think I'd like character dolls as much as I do, but now I've got two Link dolls, a Zelda, a modern day Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke, and these two Inuyasha guys. :lol:

Some in progress photos:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. OMG LOVE! I used to have a Dollnoize Envy Sesshomaru but sold him >.< Towa is a minifee Sirrca and Setsuna is a Minifee Rens, I had Tonocha paint them with their demon cheek marks and the Sesshomaru moon on the forehead and they turned out SO PRETTY. I don't have any recent pictures of them but there are some older ones on my IG :)