1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. They look amazing!

I have two character dolls in progress, Alphinaud from FFXIV, and Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza/Like a Dragon. :)

2. I answered yes as I sort of do. I have a pukifee that is loosely based on one of my FFXIV characters, a Lalafell. I did have a Tiny Delf based on my husband’s Lalafell character but I’ve since scrapped that as it didn’t turn out as cute as it should. Years ago I had a Pukifee Ante I based on my Tarutaru char when I played FFXI. Hmmmm there seems to be a pattern here……
      I’m kind of considering having a doll based on my Viera character in (yup you guessed it) FFXIV but am very undecided on sculpt.

3. Thank you @Sanar ! They still have a ways to go, but the process is fun. I finally got the semi-realistic Inuyasha partially together for a photo with Koga. These two. :lol:

[​IMG]

I
      would love to see some Final Fantasy characters! The games always had such great character designs, and I think the style lends itself well to doll customs.
      @Blodeuwedd one of the hardest parts is finding the right sculpt sometimes. I hope you find one that works for your Viera!

4. I'm loving both versions of Inuyasha you have! That realistic sculpt suits him. Nice balance of 'good doggie' and 'doesn't give a rat's rear end' kind of look :XD: And koga's clothing is just so floofy and soft!

5. I have a doll based on Claudia from Interview with the Vampire. She's not done yet or else I'd take some pictures.

6. I have four character dolls! Two are officially licensed versions of Hua Cheng and Xie Lian by Ringdoll...
      [​IMG]

And the other two were customized by me to be Giyuu and Zenitsu from Demon Slayer!
      [​IMG]

7. They're so pretty! I really like how you've organized your displays! So many neat and cute stuffs :chibi I hope to have something similar one day!

8. Thank you! I have quite a bit of other Demon Slayer stuff, but I don't have room for the BJDs in that section since they're big ol 1/3 scales. I'll be moving out for college soon and I'll be able to put Zenitsu and Giyuu with their 1/8 and 1/7 scale anime figure brethren soon.

9. Ooh exciting!

I can definitely understand the space issues. It's one of the main reasons I've chosen to focus on customizing fashion size 1/4 dolls since entering the hobby. Like 1/3, but mini :XD:

10. I'm waiting on my first doll and I'm planning on turning him into Aizawa Shouta from My Hero Academia and in the future I'm planning to turn a doll into my FFXIV player character, a dark grey/blue-ish skinned Au'Ra lady. Making her will be quite a challenge, Aizawa will be rather easy, thankfully!

11. Congrats on your first doll! I hope he arrives soon :)

Ooh, an Au'Ra does sound challenging but fun to make! I have a few player characters I think about making in doll form someday. One of them is a blue-green skinned planty boy :XD: I don't think I could find a proper doll shell for him without heavy modifications.

12. I'm really interested in having dolls based on fictional characters who are already dolls!

Some of my favorites include: "Plain Doll" from Bloodborne, "Parrah and Noya" from SiNoAlice, "Cornelia" from Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and "Mary" from Spirit Hunter.

Parrah and Noya, (who are in my avatar) in particular have a cute/creepy aesthetic I really like and have really interesting personalities and I would love to one day have dolls styled after them!

13. I technically have three, but they're variations of Fairy Tale characters. I've got Belle from Beauty and the Beast (I call her Belle Estel) and I've got Little Red Riding Hood (Rose Red) and the Wolf (currently named Velanna, but that could change). I'd love to make MSD versions of Anna and Elsa from Frozen using their outfits from Frozen II but that's a future project.

14. I would like to have a doll of Garcello from the Friday Night Funkin' mod Smoke 'Em Out Struggle. I love him so much.

15. I used to think "I would love a doll of _____!" to a few characters. Over the last year or two, I don't feel interested at all anymore. It feels too limiting to go off someone else's IP. It's more fun to have full creative control.

16. I'm currently in the process of trying to find sculpts that would fit two OCs of mine - though this has been quite the struggle! Honestly considering commissioning a 3D-printed BJD at this point :lol:

17. Nearly half of my dolls are based on pre-existing characters. I have two Zeldas and two Links, from Twilight Princess and Tears of the Kingdom/Breath of the Wild. I also used to have Sebastian from Stardew Valley but have since sold him.

18. Oh, this urge is so strong in me.

I am currently saving to hopefully be able to get the BJD that fits a character who has meant a lot to me, and the only reason I am not naming names is that I am trying not to get too hopeful at this moment. Just keeping myself chill.

Apart from that one? Well, I've always wanted to make a BJD of Elphaba, which I suspect is not an uncommon thought. Susan Sto Helit from the Discworld books would also be a close second for me to have a BJD. I suspect she may become a saving goal.

19. My husband and I are big "Adventure Time" fans, and when we recently re-watched it, he said, "Bonnibel would make a good doll name". ("Bonnibel" is Princess Bubblegum's name.) I was then waiting on my Supia Hamin to arrive, and I thought, hmmmm, yes, that'd be a good name. When she arrived this past Monday, I dressed her in a pink Dollheart Fer, a pink wig and a tiara, and now we both refer to her as Princess Bubblegum. She seems to like it :lol:

20. I'm working on making my Dollshe Rosen cosplay Crowley from Good Omens. Have the eyes, the boots are on the way. Now I just need to make the clothes and face him up to suit. May try ventilating a wig-it's the only thing I think will give the right look.