1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. my one and only pre-existing character doll :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her name is Dawn. (I'm obviously still working on her costume)

2. i plan to have a doll of Ditto from The Supernaturlist and have a doll who existed as cosplay chareters only (he is about two right now! he is also a orginal charecter, with another first name :)) clothes dont bother me, 'cause he(as in both does not own much else in the besides the stuff they cosplay in. one charcter is based of two charecters with very simaler personalitys,i just cobined the names :sweat

3. :aheartbea :aheartbea :aheartbea

sooooo cute!

My Dennis is very much based on a living person and I have a Narae coming in who is heavily based on Lady Heather from CSI.

And while George is named after a character from the Sweeney, he isn't that person at all.

4. My lovely and talented DIL is helping in creating the most of the Tenchi gang as well as twins for Tenchi & Ryoko as I have my own story ideas for them. It will take awhile and we are using the 27cm and 22cm Volks dolls to do it.

5. My Leroi is named after a vampire named Requiem from the Anita Blake books, but he's a Spider Spirit. (A trickster) My Shiwoo vamp has about the personality of Cpt. Jack from Doctor Who/Torchwood, my Azurite has a similar personality to Juria(sp?) from Naruto, and my Il has a similar personality to Ranmaru from Kizuna.

None of them are those characters, but the personalites are similar.

6. One of my dolls is going to be based on Mitsukuni Haninozuka (Hunny) from Ouran High School Host Club when he arrives.. not exactly, but very closely based!

I'm also planning getting a doll based on Haruhi Suzumiya from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu because I love the character.. I've yet to find a good doll for her, but if I do find one suitable, I'm likely to be splashing out on her methinks ^_^

7. I often 'toyed' with the idea of having all the characters from the 'Roswell High' series.....i think the characters suit the possibilities of getting bjds that look like them quite easily. It was a while ago now so i doubt i will ever get around to doing it.........i liked the series though

8. All my current doll plans are original chars, but someday if I have the money I'll make one of those blue Bambicronys into a teeny tiny Edmond Dantes! :whee: Maybe Shadow from American Gods would make a nice Hound, too... *Ponders*

9. I have serious plans for my next boy to be based on Murtaugh from the Inheritance Trilogy (aka Eragon). That is all I can invision him as and I don't think it limits his paramiters at all. As for the next girl I want I think I am loosely basing her off of Nymphadora Tonks from Harry Potter. Although I love Tonks as a character and all some of her characteristics don't appeal to me so therefore I am going to base a doll character after her but tweek it a bit.:)

10. I'm not sure if this qualifies, but, when I was getting my first doll over a half-decade ago, a Too, the pics DOD had on their website bore an uncanny resemblance to one of my favorite Shin Megami Tensei video-game characters.

...so I named him 'Setsuna Kai', after the character. And I also made him a cute little cosplay outfit that he's worn once or twice.

11. Well, not yet..
      but I plan on making a doll of Agitha (Twilight Princess) and a doll of Dominic (Eureka Seven). I'd never originally ever wanted ot do this, but.. xD

12. My Chi is well Chi! Her new head just arrived and I'm planning on new eyes, wig, 'ears' and faceup!

13. I find the whole pre-existing doll characters thing a little difficult. I've tried in the past to buy dolls which resemble the characters I want, but it just doesn't seem to work out. I got a Vamp DES head from Luts to be Nevan from Devil May Cry 3, but in the end I sold her - I just didn't like the mold enough.

I've recently been looking for a mold to be Kenny from South Park (it's a real challenge!) but I'm going to give up. Unless I want the mold for other good reasons - not only because it's 'right' for a character - I lose interest in them. It's too expensive a mistake to keep making :cry:

That said, I had a doll head arrive today who I originally bought to be Kyo from Dir en grey (he's a DIM Lloyd), and I LOVE him. I think he'll be his own personality, but Kyo cosplay still isn't entirely out of the question.

14. I don't have any plans at the moment to make dolls that are anything but origional characters. I don't know what characters I would do if I did want any. I'd rather focus on something origional.
      Though my characters are based loosely on various other characters. It's just that there are so many different characters in each one that it's hard to say that character X is based on Y.

15. I'm planning on doing Sephiroth as a DZ Ying and Sesshoumaru, tho I'm looking for the right head mold.
      Most of my Chara dolls are 1/6.

16. i'm planning for my first doll to be Haku from Naruto ^^ at first i was just going to buy a regular doll and form his personality as i went but then i became, for lack of a better word, obsessed with how adorable haku is/was so i figured "heck, why not make him into doll form?" so there we go!

17. er no? the closest is all my dolls' names have something to do with Yuki Kaori's characters from Angel Sanctuary and Godchild? i.e. Cain, Raphael, Lucifiel, Asmodeus...

But they developed to their own personalities. I don't desire to make a doll of a pre made character.

My brother wants Leroy to be Roy from Fire Emblem but it's more based on roy rather than being roy...

i dunno not a fan to make stuff of what i like. (tho i wouldn't mind a yuichi and wataru set ^^)

18. :) The doll l'm wating for is going to be mini moon from salior moon. She will have pink eyes, hair and her face up l'm working on that one.

19. Once I get Unidoll Ark I will make him into one of the Warcraft characters, Arthas Menethil and Kealthas Sunstrider. So I voted no, but I just realisted I already own a premade character, Censya Piloneer from Latidoll. She is based on the novelle of Latidoll. http://www.lati-novella.com/ (but ugly translated >.<)

20. Someone asked me a question, and it just reminded me of this thread. They asked me, which doll do you think makes the best Harry Potter BJD?

My response was... Well which verison of the character are you wanting to do? Movie Version, Book Version, or your own Version? How old do you want the character to be? First, Second,...Seventh Book or beyond? Then there is always how will the 'character' fit in with your other dolls/family. Beyond that you can have the 'character' in a variety of moods even. From Happy Harry to, bloody and messed up Harry, to what ever...

So while a doll may be a 'character' doll, there is so much more to them then just the character.

-Anneke