1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Dolls (based on fictional or other preexisting characters)

Aug 2, 2006

?
  1. Yes! I have one or more character doll/s!

2. No, but I have serious plans to someday!

3. No, and I have no plans or desire to.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Well the only one i ever really thought of doing is Vincent from Final Fantasy VII....but i need to get my first doll first and then i might think about it. :)

2. Has anyone seen any dolls based on character's from Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake books? (I know I'm a dork) I was thinking a Nathaniel Graison doll would be soooo awesome.

3. I don't really like character dolls. I mean, if someone else has one and loves it, go for it. I like that he can be all my own. I even fished around this site to make sure I didn't pick a popular name. I want something unique and one of a kind.

4. I have a RIDa which I think was based off NANA? o_o;; But i just liked her outfit ^^;

I'm not really into character dolls but I have a friend who wants to get a few xD

5. I personally don't own any character dolls, but I have seen a few fantastic ones that other people have created.

6. No, I think I wouldn't have one for the same reason I don't write fanfiction, they aren't my characters. To me, and I don't want to bash anyone your choice to do whatever, but it feels like stealing to me.

Plus, if you showed me a picture of any doll I could probably have a character name and bio for you in less than 30 minutes. XD I need to learn how to shut my imagination off. :lol:

7. That's who my Dollmore Dean is going to be eventually but I'm a having a royal b*tch of a time finding the correct wig for him. So much so I'm about ready to give up on him.

Morgan

8. I don't have any, don't plan to.. (: Maybe I'll do a cosplay sort of thing, but I don't want my girl to be limited to one specific character. ... (: I have all sorts of anime figures, that are cheaper to fill that void.

9. I never thought I'd add to this thread. XD

But yes, I own a character doll. I've found it really challenging to write a bio for him, since I have to keep him within the boundaries that Sir Barrie has set, and once I'm finished getting him the way I want, it'll be really interesting trying to take in-character poses of him. :)

But I like it that way. Because Peter Pan has been so stylistically changed throughout his literary life, I do have some liberties with his look. But definitely not with his personality, which I want to be as close to the play/novel as possible.

Peter Pan is a really important character to me - he embodies my greatest dream and has been a presence in my life since I was still in diapers.

10. I plan on eventually having "cosplay" outfits, wigs, etc for some of the Inuyasha characters (basically just Inuyasha & Kagome). I agree I wouldn't want them to be like that all the time. Just fun to dress them/pose them sometimes. I would absolutely love to see the Sesshemarou's and Maroku's already out there. (post pics please or if there are some already please direct me!).

P.S. loved the picture of Harry Potter!

11. When I finally decide on and get a doll, I'll probably make cosplay outfits for it. I doubt I'd firmly 'decide' to have that doll be that character.

My first doll will probably be a girl though, and I think I will have to create some sort of FF cosplay outfit for her.

12. I currently have a Naruto, a Bruce Wayne, and a Darren Shan. And I have plans for others. :)

13. A good 1/4 of my doll family are characters, Jareth, Dad, House, Joe, Peter, Winslow, Johnny en route. And I still have some old character dolls from my childhood.

Speaking from an action figure hoarding point of view I get what characters I do because it reminds me of the character and episodes and stories and the feelings attached to them. Although Jareth is technically my sister's we both love the movie and he is a warm reminder of all the fun we have together because of it. Same thing with Dad, Christopher Walken, the whole naming him Dad thing has to do with a friend and our Walken fun.

14. I've got Ohno Satoshi from Arashi and am planning the other 4 members eventually as well as James/Koujirou from Pokemon. There's probably a few other dolls that I'd like to make into characters too....we'll see...

15. I love to create my own characters so no. But its funny earlyer today I was looking at a final fantasy Yuna cosplay outfit for one of my dolls but if I did get it that would be my character cosplaying as yuna rather then being yuna if that makes sense lolz

16. I have two literary character dolls and one in the works. I just liked the idea that I could have them as mini versions of their written selves really :)

Dorian Gray (He resembles the film version more than the book obviously):
      [​IMG]

Orlando (more book than film on this one)
      [​IMG]

And I'm working on a Casanova doll :)

17. Aya is literally Aya Fujimiya from Weiss Kreuz, since I've been obsessed with him for as long as I can remember.

18. I've got this really odd urge to doll Jonathan Teatime from Discworld... but that would mean scaring my mother, as she's a fan too. And making Assassin!Neville Longbottom, to keep him company.

And I guess Guy's just the generic wide-eyed-innocent-thrust-in-the-middle-of-a-war-zone. Standard tropes don't count as characters, of course, but he's even going to have a photo of his mom in his pocket and everything.

EDIT: ...
      Dorian Gray.
      :: melt ::

So I had some... odd childhood crushes. Originating from about the time I realised that Wilde himself was a.), dead, and b.), had been married. Possible orientations? Horrible, horrible diseases? Never. It's just not fair to crush on a *married* dead guy.

19. Whoa! ^^ That's a great way to look at it. I thought the same thing..... just didn't know how to get it all down in a post. But you've got it coveed. :sweat:)

To answer the first post; Yes, I have exactly one character doll. ^^ Her name is Yukari Hayasaka of Paradise Kiss fame - the one anime character BESIDES Spike Speigel that I think that I'll love forever and ever. XD

Here's her picture

I've since given her a darker faceup that I believe suits her character more closely. ^^ She's a little sweeter than Parakiss's Yukari, but she's Yukari all the same, to me, if that makes ANY sense. @_@

20. Ooh. She's gorgeous, Serenia. And I love the furry coat.

I remember only now that a character doll of Andrea Cavalcanti from Gankutsuou is one of my future doll aspirations. It'd have to be on a 1/3 scale doll, though, I'd feel uncomfortable carrying around a pint-sized little psycho like him in a baby-carrier.