1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Characters You'd Like To See Shelled

Dec 8, 2016

1. How neat! I like Ginko for his curiosity and compassion and lone-wolf nature. I wish there were a lot more seasons than just two!

Other characters from the series would make interesting dolls as well - for example, the woman with the writing all over her body, and the girl in the first season who has a symbiotic relationship with the swamp.

#21 StellaMarigold, Dec 9, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    2. @StellaMarigold Iplehouse has the panther~ I've been pinning after it for awhile, but not for Guenhwyvar. Although, it WOULD be perfect... I've seen a Drizzt here on DoA. He looked amazing~ I believe he was a Delf Lu-Wen, dyed black? I liked him a lot~

3. That's where I've seen the panther! I have absolutely no reason to have one, but I do enjoy studying the photos.

In regard to the Doctors, I think someone here on DOA has a 10th Doctor bjd. I remember seeing it in their signature.

4. Yes, Ginko really is awesome.
      ...It would be nice if there were more anime, but now that the second season came out they'd have to pretty much come up with stories from scratch. I think the new stuff pretty much covered all the manga that hadn't been done already and there's not any more unless the author decides to make a sequel or something.

Ooh yeah a Tanyu doll would be cool. And swamp girl too, someone could get her in partially transparent resin if they wanted to kind of show how she was becoming part of the swamp.

5. I didn't know there was a manga of Mushi-shi! I'll have to check it out.

Transparent resin would be amazing for the swamp girl!

6. Yes there's ten volumes of it. And a live action movie but it's kind of strange in parts... I didn't like it as well as the manga and anime.
      Yep definitely. And there are some companies that will really work with you so I bet someone out there could do it.

7. I think a bjd Nadeko Sengoku would be super cute! Also, probably Princess Zelda/Hilda from ALBW.

8. Anyone from the Dragon Age series of video games would be awes. Dorian from DAI is probably my favorite though, and he would be an especially handsome doll :love Cullen also, with his giant feather topped cape thingy haha. Oh and you could make a YoSD Varric! :thumbup

I would love to see some Doctors also, but I would have to go for the rugged 9th doctor, he was always my #1, although the 10th is wonderful too!

I would also kill to see more Disney characters. The little girl inside of me squees overtime I see an Ariel in any shape or form, so that would be wonderful, especially with Prince Eric!

I am SUPER new to this, so all of these might already exist, but if they don't they would be awesome to see!

9. id love a doll of zuko from avatar:the last airbender (i have a huge crush on him :aheartbea) oh i then i would want a katara doll as well cause i ship zutara :fangirl:

10. Oooh yes, I can easily imagine Door and the Endless as dolls. they'd be quite lovely :love

11. Characters in Haikyuu!! Especially Shoyo and Kageyama!

12. I'd also love to see Helena and Valentine from Mirrormask (just to get reaaaaally obscure on you guys sorry.)
      I might make some of my dolls do that at least as a cosplay someday.

13. I'm always reluctant to shell characters, because my tastes gradually shift over time and even if I am obsessed with a tv series, book or video game currently, I can fall out of love with the series too. So the only ones I really consider are characters I have consistently liked for many, many years. Plus... well, if I ever get started creating character dolls, I suspect I would have a hard time stopping!

At the top of this list would be:
      -- Xellos, Zelgadis and Lina Inverse from Slayers
      -- Asch, Luke, Jade and Guy from Tales of the Abyss
      -- Sakura and Syaoran from Card Captor Sakura
      -- Haku and Chihiro from Spirited Away
      -- Harry, Ron, Hermione, Snape, Draco, Neville, and Luna from Harry Potter
      -- Erik, Christine & Raoul from Phantom of the Opera

14. @Ashvolt FUNNY THAT YOU SHOULD MENTION XELLOS

[​IMG]

15. I have him as a doll! Not Constance tho. Not a huge fan of hers.

I would like to see more Marvel characters that aren't avengers. Especially versions that aren't from any of the movies. After Marvel any other publisher's characters really. Not too many American\Western Comic characters out there vs Anime\Manga...

Disney characters would be cool too, especially more adult\realistic-looking ones along the lines of Once Upon a Time vs the more cartoony versions.

16. I discovered a little collection of nicely shelled characters in the doll profiles of DOA. Outsider from Dishonored, Kylo Ren and general Hux from Star Wars, Tenth Doctor from Dr. Who made me fall in love with them! I'd so much love to see or shell myself Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter. I couldn't find the right face so far. Maybe one day...

17. I would love to have a BJD of Kogistunemaru from Touken Ranbu :aheartbea His design is amazing; I just love everything about him. I would attempt to make my own but his outfit is deterring me. Maybe in the far future I'll attempt it if I'm still longing for a BJD of him...

18. I just checked out the Outsider one and oh my gosh he'said beautiful!!!:love

19. I want to see the characters from Chang Ge Xing! :D Li Chang Ge, Ashina Sun, and Mujin of course; but also Qin Gu is awesome and he would be a great addition to elder BJD sculpts! Heck, even Mimi could be shelled, she'd make a great BJD.

20. Callie and Marie the squid sisters from Splatoon would be awesome, or any overwatch character.:3nodding: I also think it would be neat to see some pokemon inspired dolls, Gijinkas I think they're called.