1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Characters You'd Like To See Shelled

Dec 8, 2016

1. Gah! I was going to do Roy from the fall but I can't find a decent costume and my sewing is rubbish. So I just have Lee Pace in jeans... XD

2. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are actually on my list of characters to shell if I ever have vast amounts of money. As are Crowley and Aziraphale, speaking of Neil Gaiman...

With me, there are very few characters I really want to see shelled that I don't just want to do myself... but my big long wishlist has a lot of weird ones. (the other reason I have more want-to-do than want-to-see... no one but me is ever going to shell Therem Estraven and Genly Ai)

3. Such an interesting question

I would like to see Sherlock Holmes too being shelled.
      James Bond i love the character.
      Miss Jessica i would very much love to see her.
      poison Ivy, corpse bride, and enchantress.

There are lots but differently would love seeing these being shelled

4. I’d absolutely love to see a character from Avatar be shelled. I feel like one of Lillycats sculpts would suit the characters so well.

5. I have a character that's been inspired by the model Xiao Wen Ju and would love for her to be shelled in a BJD

6. These are all such great ideas that I’m not sure I can add to them, but I’ve always wanted a doll of Peggy Carter (Marvel’s Captain America movies) - the vintage fashion possibilities combined with the “hyper-competent secret agent” thing make me giddy! This is a character I’d actually shell, if I found the right sculpt, but I dream about someone releasing her as a fullset.

7. I would love to see Castiel from Supernatural. I think it might be weird to do the Winchester brothers because that would basically be doing a doll of a real-life actor, but Cass is different enough, being an angel and whatnot, that I think it could be really unique and fun.

8. I'd love to see something in the concept of Dark City. White-skinned Doll Chateau sculpts, in all black outfits, might work for the Strangers. It might be something I do a few years down the line, but it's not a priority.

Er, there are a few other concepts. Star Trek (original and 'reboots'), Into the Woods, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Adam, more so than any other character, but also Vadoma), any of Audie Murphy's characters. I would love to see someone use Green Room for inspiration for a photo-shoot, although I am kind of planning on doing that one myself for Halloween 2018.

9. Rose from the Legend of Dragoon in her dragoon armour would be interesting to see. Also Seirra and Lark from the Legend of Mana

10. Hmm! I think it would be amazing if someone made the characters from Three Kingdoms. Including the Red Hare. Although if I were able to get a bjd horse I probably would make him the Red Hare.
      I agree that someone needs to make Deedlit!
      Any Game of Thrones characters would be interesting to see.
      Gegege No Kitaro characters would be cool to see.

11. Oh my gosh, I agree that Kogitsunemaru would make a beautiful bjd!! :D If there's a company that could nail his smirk--oh yes.

I'd also be on-board for Howl and Sophie, Chihiro and Haku; heck, any Ghibli characters would tickle me pink :)

I'm also going to throw Klaus von Reinherz from Blood Blockade Battlefront into the mix :whee: I've only ever entertained the pipe dream of shelling him. But I wonder if the sideburns and teeth mods wouldn't be too difficult...