1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Creature Cabinet Princess KABA Hippo Discussion Part 1

Aug 10, 2009

1. Yes RoseAnn please post some pics! Fantasia would like to see what all the other fashionable hippos are wearing these days!

2. RoseAnn, I really want to see your Kaba. That was so sweet of Wilma.

3. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out this new camera and my Mac computer....they are having difficulty agreeing on their technology...must read on in the manual!!!! .....AND I am off to the BJD convention in Austin, TX on Thursday am.....so Kaba is off to her first BJD convention....and you are right.....Wilma is just a doll!!!

4. While I am trying to figure out why the heck my camera does not want to work with my Mac....and I'll be off for a few days with the convention in Austin....
      Has any one found some ready made clothes from other dolls that fit Kaba?

5. I've got some things coming from ebay for trial so I will let you know. I have found that some of the knit dresses for Kelly make good tops for Fantasia. A couple of them I had to let out the back seam a little to go over her belly but once up they still snapped in place. I had a petite takara licca doll here that I forgot I had and her underware actually fit Fantasia like little short shorts, so I've been trying to find more of those for her (thinking I could dye them other colors for more options). I'm trying to get together with another dolly friend who has dolls of all makes/models/sizes not just BJD's and see if any of their clothes might be an option. I'm really curious about the clothes for Bratz dolls though (I never liked them because I thought they were too slutty but now wish I had some to see if any would fit, specifically the bratz kids dolls)

P.S. secretly jealous that you're going to Austin :sweat

6. I just wanted to say that I got a Kaba from DDE too. Hugs, Rosemary

7. Any pics Rosemary? I'll be taking some pics by tomorrow of Fantasia modeling some of the clothes I've found for her. She should be leaving shortly for her faceup.

8. Sorry, no pictures---no camera. Hugs, Rosemary

9. For anyone wanting to know that ballet dress is made by Tonner for the 8" Tiny Betsy Mccall doll (I have to put a couple stitches in the bum as that part is just a little big but the rest of it fits perfectly! Most everything else was something stretchy from Kelly (the teal romper actually is an old Skipper outfit). I wish that the more of the cotton/linen type Kelly clothes would fit but there's just no "give" in them.

DarkStar - GOT TO SEE THAT CROC BF! I'm trying to find one for Fantasia (just to be able to do the whole Disney thing!!!)

10. Fantasia is ready for her big reveal I guess :sweat I have a very crappy camera that just cannot capture the detail of her new look. She actually has a smattering of freckles on those chubby cheeks of hers but they don't show up :...(

After
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Faceup credit goes to Leah Lilly :chocoberry
      (someday when the dolls stop demanding things from me I'll buy a real camera *_*)

11. yeah soon there will be more princess kaba's to join here...did you here the news?? Murjani has been able to release a lot off ccc dolls.....she is taking over the job from charles and is going to send a lot off dolls...I did see 7 kaba's with sweetly twisted face-up and some without.....so RoseAnn not sure if you are on the list muja and dollZwize have....but everyone that is will finally get there dolls.................:D:D:D

12. Muja has truly gone out of her way to try and get help for the imprisoned CCC dolls and several Kabas!!....my sweetly twisted Kaba is probably there too as I believe that she was the last Kaba that Miriam worked on......but right now...I am so happy playing with the sweet little one I now have ( little Violet)....I don't want to tell her yet that she may have a sister coming....I cannot believe it may be true....I gave up on all of my" ordered and paid for CCC dolls" that were never sent for over a year.....we will see....but I have played with this little Violet....and she is loving it as much as I do.....

13. Oh, gosh, forgot all about putting this picture up! Here is Hope and her fella, Auggie (sorry they are au naturel, but they are a little unconventional)!
      [​IMG]

We're really looking forward to meeting all the new Kabas who we hope will be joining us very soon!

14. Yes, where are all the liberated Kabas!?! Surely some have reached their new homes! We would love to see them!
      [​IMG]

15. [​IMG]

Looking for all the lost hippos! Won't you please come and play!

16. toydogz4 - Fantasia isn't wired but sometimes I wish she were! She does not stand well on her own without a lot of work. What outfit she is wearing also makes a HUGE difference in her balance. I think if I hot glue sueded her hip joints that would help out a lot. You just can't be mad at that face (even when it takes so long to get her to pose!)

17. Ok well here is my Kaba- she is Winifred, or Winnie. I wanted to name her Moo, or something like that because she makes me think of the moomins....but she told me her name is Winnie SO-

Here is Winnie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tryin out her new throne....I think I'm going to make her a royal throne room!

18. Can someone share a pic of a naked Kaba standing?
      Odd request, but I am going insane trying to get Winnie to stand or even look sort of normal.
      Her legs just seem like they are backwards and generally screwed up.

I can't tell what is the back or the front when it comes to her legs. She doesn't seem to fit together properly, so before I get totally frustrated, maybe I have her parts on wrong or something!

19. I have a really hard time making Fantasia stand on her own and part of that I think is due to the weight of her head in proportion to the rest of her body. The other thing that I've noticed is that her hip sockets are not equal, one seems a little deeper and wider than the other and that is the right one that keeps its position, whereas the other one that is narrower and more shallow does not hold its position and she tends to fall over that way. I'll work on trying to see if I can get Fantasia to stand in the buff for a pic!

20. Finally managed to catch Fantasia in the buff ;)
      [​IMG]
      I cannot get her to stand with her legs any further apart however as her Left leg then wants to kick backwards. Neither hip is symmetrical which I think is the biggest problem for her not standing more easily. As I said before, one of the hip ball joints is bigger than the other and I think this also throws her off balance. She is too cute though and I would not trade her for anything.

Oh and I absolutely adore your avatar :D