1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charles Creature Cabinet Yoshi discussion part 1

Oct 19, 2008

1. Just some creativity on a lazy sunday afternoon...
      Finally decided to make something new for Yoshi, it;s a good start, but it can be better!!

Yoshi is glad with her new outfit though, no complaints from her!!:lol:

[​IMG]

Photo is a bit dark but her top is forest green...

2. Have another one:

[​IMG]

3. Thanks, Valli, layaway is such a nice option!

And I have to post this picture here, because I just LOVE it! *Runs off to make little pan pipes and cushy, poufy pants*

[​IMG]

4. Finally today was a dry day, after a week of wind and rain...
      And I had the best idea for a photo shoot, my garden had a lot of nice leaves, and my husband was so sweet to make me a wheelbarrow for Kayu to be transported in!!

So here are Yoshi and Kayu happy in my garden, having a nice picknick!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hello Luvpetdolls,
      Personally I'm very happy with our CCC Susu (= milk) resin, it's a bit translucent and similar to French resin. And yes, all our dolls are handcasted.
      Thanks,
      Charles

6. Dear Platina,

CCC's art studio is located in Nieuw-Beijerlands (Hoekse Waard). All our dolls are casted in our Indonesian based mini-factory, but in the end all are shipped from the Netherlands, after I did the face-ups etc.

Thank you Wilkies for pointing out to the website. :)

Have a great day,
      Charles

8. Just a bumpy for this thread, I finally bought a Bambicrony Elf doll, and she and Yoshi and Kayu instantly became the best of friends!!!
      (must be those ears!!):lol:

[​IMG]

Need to make some shots in my garden, but it was pouring today...

9. I think they are priced as limited editions and what the market would bear. Charles stuff does sell out. Size is not always a factor in pricing. Though sometimes we wish it was ;)

10. If you are in the habit of buying dollhouse miniatures, Boneka is reasonably priced. Often making things smaller is actually more of a pain in the neck, therefore they cost a significant amount. Also, people who collect miniatures have different standards, for example they aren't as concerned with whether a little doll can hold a pose.

11. Thank you all so much for the wonderful feedback!
      It's much appreciated :-)
      Charles

12. Had a wonderful idea....:lol::lol:
      All you need is Yoshi, and Poppy, my puki Lily...and a leftover surprise egg from past Easter:o

[​IMG]

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/tynathebitch/CIMG4124.jpg

Yoshi loves chocolate...:chocoheart:truffle:whitetruffle
      Will post the story this sunday....
      To be continued...;)

Just finished the story!!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/tynathebitch/CIMG4120.jpg

Easter eggs in July, starring Yoshi, Poppy my Puki Lily and a surprise guest!!
      Here to see:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310361

Have fun reading it!!

13. Dear Robinred,

Thank you for loving my creatures/dolls and for taking CCC under consideration.

To answer your question: our CCC resin is actually mixed by ourselves, so its home brewed mixed resin. We believe it has a good quality, good weight (feels heavy), and is quite unique and special, so one of a kind resin. However, it really shouldn’t be compared to the resin most of the ‘big’ BJD companies are using with professional casting factories. In comparison our CCC resin tends sometimes to have minor flaws, which to our believe only will add in producing an Artist BJD/figurine.

So if you’re looking for a smooth and “perfect” cast, than I’m afraid our dolls aren’t what you are looking for. If however you are looking for a handmade and hand casted artist doll, than our CCC dolls might just be the perfect fit for you. Hope this helps you, and if I can assist you any further please don’t hesitate to contact me/us.

Have a wonderful day,
      Charles