1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charm Doll BB Discussion

Sep 22, 2017

1. It's a very cute outfit but lolita isn't really my thing, and I like to paint my dolls and sew their clothes myself, so I'm getting her blank and nude. Actually, her faceup is so cute that it's tempting me, but I don't want to pay for it. I can barely afford her right now anyway.

It looks like the hands she comes with are not the same as the ones in her pictures. The body comes with a fist and a paddle hand, so if you want her to grasp that scythe like she does in the pictures, you might need to order the heart hands. I think I'll get the extra hands myself, since I hate paddle hands. I cannot understand why so many 1/6 dolls come with them.

2. Sorry to double post, but I made the order and I found out that if you want the hands in Polly's pictures, you have to order the 26-03 hands. The heart hands are 26-01. Anyway, she's on her way! I'm so excited! She'll be my first new tiny in years and years.

3. Will you update when she arrives? I’m seriously considering her but would love to see owner photos. I guess if I wait I’ll miss out on the promotion. Are you getting a default face up?

#23 NineOneThree, May 4, 2021
      Last edited: May 5, 2021
    4. Of course I'll update. I'll be showing her off everywhere! I will do her faceup myself. I mostly play with my dolls by painting and sewing for them. I'm even learning to make eyes.

5. Since no one else seems to be around, I'll triple post because my Polly has been here for a while. Her name is Patience and I did her faceup, made her eyes from UV resin, and made her wig from tibetan lamb fiber. I'm not super expert at faceups, but she came out all right.

If you were wondering, her mouth is sculpted slightly open and she has tiny little teeth, but you can only see them if you paint them, so if you prefer a closed mouth you just have to paint her that way. She came with one mostly flat hand and one fist hand, which wasn't really clear from the listings. She shares all the clothes and shoes from my Honey Delf.

[​IMG]Patience by Tea Rose Broadway, on Flickr

6. Thank you so much for the photo! I’ve been wavering on ordering a Polly, because I wanted to see an owner photo with an original faceup first. One of the things I wanted to see was if the teeth were indeed sculpted or just painted, and you answered that question for me! I’m going to take the plunge and order her today. She’ll be my first resin BJD after more than a decade of admiring BJDs and trying to get financially stable enough to own one. <3