1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charm Doll Minis

May 19, 2017

1. I purchased a pink skin blank Renard back when he was put up on Clover-Singing, and these pictures are making me not want to wait any more! He's just so gorgeous.

I found the perfect outfit for him too, but it's a Volks FC outfit, and looking at the measurements I don't know if it will fit, the Charm doll body is taller and wider it seems *_*

2. Congratulations @Kthulhu42 To be honest, I didn't even look at the measurements and just thought standard msd. I'm hoping mine can wear the msd outfit I got from Alice's Collection. I usually wait until the doll arrives before getting clothes as I've learned this over the years. I already had this outfit, so fingers crossed for us both!

3. CharmDoll is seriously so awesome when it comes to finding measurements. Usually I have to look everywhere and then sorta guesstimate since I don't know where exactly they've measured... so that deters me from buying anything before I can measure the doll myself. But look! It's *so clear*. Looooove it.

[​IMG]

4. CharmDoll have added a human version of Renard on their blog Sina Visitor System

Also, there are a lot more owner pictures on Taobao now, so the 3 months wait time seems pretty accurate! *excitement intensifies*

5. Awesome! That means only two months left? Or less!

I have all of his clothing items ready, I hope he doesn't reject them, lol. His name is Mitsuki, and I'm thinking of buying an airbrush so I can do his ears the way I envision them. Plus I wouldn't have to use msc.

6. I'm so happy I got the fantasy ear sculpt, although the human ear head is cute too <3 He's going to be my forest pan who comes out of the woods and falls in love with a human girl. I hope he can fit in MSD clothes, otherwise he's going to be naked until I get my sewing machine out of storage...

7. @Kthulhu42 I like your character idea, sounds so romantic (hopefully not tragic). I think he will fit most msd clothing. Just finding the right outfit is the tricky part.

Mine has a 'fantasy Japanese anime theme' with a short Kimono, and Asian style jacket I made myself. I'm still searching for shoes as I want white, but not girly. So far I have seen the style, but never in white! I might have to make some.

8. Oh man, I hope I can still jump in the discussion? The dealer I usually buy off just became dealer of Charmdoll, and I looked at some of the dolls they offered. Saw Renard and I was lost. I ordered him today - with faceup and white skin. I'm so happy I did so, I love his droopy eyes and his big ol' ears. I'm pretty sure he'll fit right in with my other crew members Runar (dollzone freddy) and Hazel (DIM flowne). I'm such a sucker for fantasy dolls ;_;

9. Yes, jump right in @Heliotropium! We're all still waiting for ours to ship, and discussing our plans. Freddy and Flowne are personal favorites of mine. My collection is mostly unusual sculpts. It was Renard's ears that got me too.

#29 kurogane, Jul 12, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    10. @Kthulhu42 That sounds really cute, I'm going for a sort of forest boy look as well. He should be standard MSD size so hopefully clothes will fit him without a problem.

@kurogane That sounds like an AMAZING style idea, I hope you will post many pictures! :) I'm going to name my boy Theo, I like to keep it simple, name-wise.

@Heliotropium Congrats on your order! Renard really is such a special sculpt. You have a great collection, I used to own a Freddy and he was gorgeous and I love Flowne as well. :)

11. @Athenril Thank you! I have everything ready, and will take pictures when he gets here. Mine is named Mitsuki. I used to have a human Freddy head. Amazing how we seem drawn to similar aesthetics.

I checked on my order not expecting anything, and I am happy to see it will be two months on July 20 since I ordered. Somehow I was thinking I've only waited one month. So half way?

#31 kurogane, Jul 12, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    12. @kurogane (and @Athenril ) Thank you! Freddy and Flowne are some of my ultimate grails I neeeeeeever thought I would have, then I got them both ;o; My Flowne also finally got a body last week after being just a head for a year. (I hope it's allowed to share that on this thread, hah! ;v;) But unusual sculpts is definitly what draws me as well, although I also love "standard" dolls who are popular with everybody. But yes, the eaaars. And the droopy face. ♥w♥

I think it's funny how we 3 are drawn to the same sculpts? ;o; talking about freddy and flowne here, haha! ^^~

Also I've come up with a name for my Renard? The name Fons keeps popping up in my head. I like it and I think it fits in a way, but Fons is in my area mostly used as a name for older people, so I'm pretty sure my parents and boyfriend will make fun of it <-<

13. @Heliotropium Congrats on completing your Flowne! :) I think it's pretty cool how we like similar sculpts!

Fons is a super cute name, it made me chuckle x3 I think it's perfect for Renard. Ahh, I can't wait to have him home q.q

14. @Athenril Thanks! ♥ Now she only needs a faceup. I also should start making clothes and making some flowercrowns, but I'm so tired and have no motivation at all >-<

Thank you! :3 I think the name is cute, but maybe it's a middle name. Hmm...

15. @Heliotropium I like Fons as a name too!

I finally have all Mitsuki's outfit together except the shoes. The shoes can wait until I find the right ones, or make my own. I've tried making my own doll shoes, but so far none have been 'good enough'. Maybe with msd, it will be different?

Also I'm seriously considering getting an airbrush to do my face ups. That way I won't need msc anymore, and I can use gouache watercolor paints and get fine lines, with porcelain like finish. Only issue, it's going to take a while to save up for one as I have other doll expenses to pay off first. And by the time I can get an airbrush, it will be winter, so no face ups till summer. Looks like next summer will be very face up busy!

16. @kurogane An airbrush seems really good for faceups, but wouldn't you still need MSC? I imagine the paint wouldn't stick to the resin well enough and rub off afterwards if it's not sealed? I am just guessing from what I've seen other people do though, I haven't done any faceups myself.

I really want to try making shoes myself, because I can't find the kind of boots that I like for a reasonable price. Finding some thin leather is proving pretty difficult though xD

17. @Athenril you can use acrylic matte varnish with the airbrush. It's the water clean up sealer you normally use with a paint brush. Not as toxic as msc, but still need a mask. Plus it's water clean up, and easily obtained at the craft store. Yes, finding thin enough leather is very difficult. I have read about using fine leather gloves as it is very nice and thin leather, but cutting up a good pair seems so wrong. Synthetic materials just don't glue well, or fray too much. I admire the handmade shoes on Etsy a lot!

18. @kurogane I see, that is definitely a great alternative to MSC, it can cost a fortune to buy, depending where you live. I love looking at the handmade shoes as well, but so expensive too x3 I was thinking of buying some leftover craft leather, don't really need big pieces for shoes, but we'll see.

19. My Renard shipped!! He should be here Monday-Tuesday'ish. The agent sent me pictures and he looks lovely, but the faceup...I don't know. I think it's the first and last time I'm ordering a default faceup, should have just saved the money towards a professional faceup x3 I waited exactly 10 weeks for him, so CharmDoll has pretty great delivery time!

20. @Athenril That's excellent news! Be sure to link to your box-opening thread that you're totally gonna make. ;D Lol.

Tags: