1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Charm Doll Minis

May 19, 2017

1. The shoulder knobs sound really nice at least ^^ can't wait to see the box opening and pictures

2. OK, I come bearing a picture!

[​IMG]Charm Doll Dressed up by SD Hampton, on Flickr

Here is Mica, all dressed up. I have changed the eyes as the free ones are just too creepy. Plus they are the wrong color. The wig needs a wig cap so it will stay down on the head. The outfit fits, though tight. I made the jacket, the rest was pieced together. I'm very happy with my Renard. He fits in with my doll collection perfectly.

#102 kurogane, Sep 13, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    3. Oh he's very cute regardless. I like the outfit! The ears are as enchanting as always.

4. @RumDilly Hopefully as more people get Renard, there will be more pictures! :) I think there's never enough cute ears!

@kurogane Congrats on your boy!! I love the outfit you have for him, very unique! :3nodding:

5. .....he is....so...cute....those ears are killing me XD

next year...next year!

6. I love those blue eyes, I've been looking for more realistic eyes, but the shipping is always so expensive! >.< Are you going to do his faceup yourself, @kurogane?

We finally got a bit of sunlight so I took a few shots of my Theo.

[​IMG]Reds by Aylena Ceran, on Flickr

7. @Athenril thank you! I was fortunate that the blue eyes fit. They were bought years ago for a doll, but didn't fit, or something. I can't remember. But I kept the eyes as they are so pretty. They are a two tone blue with glitter.
      I agree about the shipping costs and having to always order overseas. I live in the US, so I do have more options, but I rarely find what I like here.
      Yes, I will do the face up myself. I think I'm going to try using gouache watercolor instead of acrylic paint. I have issues getting the acrylic paint to flow smoothly for fine lines. I have tried watercolor pencils, but they have their issues too. I've seen some beautiful face ups done with watercolor paints. Now I have to wait for good weather. Maybe there is a chance this year, but I might have to wait till next spring. If I can use acrylic sealer, then I can paint anytime. I'm going to experiment.
      Your Theo is so cute! A face up does make a difference! Theo looks so serene and happy, while my Mica looks like he has puffy eyes and is a little grumpy. And, the outfits you put together are just stunning! Every detail is gorgeous! :love

8. I think it's kind of baffling that shipping a pair of tiny glass eyeballs costs as much as the eyes themselves. >.<

The sculpt does look really different with a faceup, doesn't it? But I think that shows that it has potential to look really interesting and different, depending on how it's painted. Some sculpts seem to always look the same, regardless of the faceup they have. I hope you can paint him soon! :)

I'm glad you like his outfit, it looks like it's the only one he will have for a very long time as he doesn't fit in anything else. xD Thankfully my Hal can fit in most things so suddenly he has all the clothes to himself!

9. I kind of want to do my own faceup when Joyce gets here but I'm really nervous I'd mess it up. I'm already going to be dying her myself I wouldn't want to also try doing a faceup. But I may anyways because I don't want a poor blank doll. Who knows.

10. oooh they are very cute indeed
      but I understand what you mean with the serious faces - especially Remy looks so serious o.o
      Rhea is very cute...but the special ears confuse me...

11. Both are very beautiful. I do like Remy, serious face and all. Even the outfit. The ears though, something's off a bit. Still, I'd get him if I was buying dolls. I agree Rena's ears are so odd!

12. I'm planning on possibly getting a Renard soon, too! Does anyone have any more pictures of the blank head?

13. Charm Doll needs to stop making such beautiful dolls! :D I’d get Remy in a heartbeat if I was currently looking for new dolls and had money.
      And yes I agree with you both rhea’s ears confuse me...

14. My partner just put a tan skin Renard on layaway, I'm so excited! I'll make sure to post some pictures of him for you guys once he comes in. Of course, now that she ordered Renard, I can't stop thinking about how nice Remy's sculpt is.... I've gotta step back and tell myself no :lol:

15. Renard is lovely as well! His ears are just the cutest.

16. I'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures of Renard in tan!

The longer I have my Renard, the more I like his aesthetic and size. He is a little bigger than my other msd, so maybe I should be looking at Volks msd outfits. They might be a little bigger, but cost almost as much as the doll, lol.

I'd really like to get a Remy too, but no money, no room, no clothes. :(

17. @Auden Here are some blank photos of Renard! ^^ Renard Head_CD-18_Head_Body Parts_Charm Doll

I'm glad more people are getting these dolls, they really are lovely.

@kurogane I decided to restring my Renard, which was quite the ordeal, but at least he is more manageable now and I'm not scared I'll chip his knees just making him sit down. Makes me happy. :) Still confused about the clothes though, I was thinking about getting Remy's outfit, but wow it is expensive! Volks size clothes seems a great idea though.

18. @Athenril I was seriously thinking of getting Remy's outfit, then I saw the price and thought, no way, too expensive. But in reality, it isn't. A Volks outfit can cost $150-$200+. Its just the cost of Remy on special, makes the outfit seem steep, about half the cost of the doll. I think I will pass. I bet the shoes aren't included, sigh.

Tags: