1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Cherish Doll Faith Discussion

Jan 29, 2011

1. Pick of Apple in her school uniform (she's definately going to be a girl now as I'm ordering another chubby with a more boyish face to be her male twin)
      [​IMG]

2. Chubby twins would be cute.

3. I need help, please?
      Quite awhile ago I got, I think a Cherish Hybrid...
      After some snooping, I found out (at least 95% sure) she's a Cherish Faith Sera, on...... I have no idea what. I think the body is also Cherish, but it's almost the size of a puki body (I couldn't tell from the site, does Cherish make bodies that small? I should post pictures, shouldn't I?)!
      So I'm looking to get a body to fit the head (cause it's so cute) and the body she's got right now, it's almost like she's a boggle head doll. So sad.
      So, anyone have any idea's on bodies that work well with Cherish heads? I'm not a big fan of the new slim bodies, and I didn't see where the original one is available.
      Any help would be great. Thank you, and sorry for taking up your time.

4. Cherish does have smaller dolls (Lovely Baby line) about 15cm tall, that might be what you are talking about, and yes you can get the original body (New Body). I am not sure about hybridizing Faith's on other bodies.

5. As SweetMelodies said, the New Body is the original size -- you can find it on the second page under the "Faith" -- "option" section. The New Slim body is the skinnier one and it's on the first page. Confusing, I know :)

As for the body you have now, remember that even the original body is smaller than a standard 1/6 scale or yosd size. My Molly is comparable to a Lati Yellow SP at about 20cm, not that much bigger than a pukifee...

P.S. If you open the head, you'll likely find the sculpt's name inside if you'd like to verify it's a Sera....

6. Oooo! I feel so dumb now! I didn't even notice there was a second page! That body was much more like I was looking for. But I am still curious about what other dolls it's work with.

Ah, I wasn't sure how small they were, but I definitely know this body isn't right. I'm handling her for the first time in probably three years, and there's likely .75cm space between the outer edge of her neck, and the outer edge of the neck well in the head.

I did open up her head cap, and it does say Sera on it, she also...... I think looks like the Sera on Cherish site... *stares between doll and site* at least I think so...
      I think with properly sized eyes (I'm guessing these are 8mm she has in...), a new face up (it's def. dirty, and there's obvious spots where it's worn off), and a proper body (and def. a new soft fwuffy wig); she'll look really cute. But first body and eyes!
      Here's some pics of what she looks like at the moment.
      I am seriously curious about how her head would work on a little fee, I LOVE their poseability.

She's strung so tight, and her head is so heavy for the body, it can't support itself. It's so sad.
      [​IMG]

You can see how the arms just wanna pop back into fold-mode. She's always in a border-line fetal position because of the stringing.
      [​IMG]

7. Oh my, that's definitely not the right body! I don't recognize it but it's certainly too small. Here's what an original New Body should look like --
      [​IMG]
      naked boogie by icewerks, on Flickr

Oh and I think my Molly's got 12mm eyes but they're a bit too big and her eye holes are bigger than most Cherish Faiths...

8. I was actually thinking of getting 12mm, the Sera page on Cherish, they eyes they say are in the model are 12mm, and I think those look really nice...
      EDIT: then again, their shop sells oval eyes, so maybe round eyes it should be a 10mm? Oh dear, really wishing their were dollie people in the area so I could try eyes before I buy some. *sighs*

9. Just to chime in, MinekaC. it looks like your Sera is on the 'original' Cynical Baby body as seen here:http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?200641-Cherishdoll-Cynical-Baby-Coming-soon (before they revamped it it be the 'Lovely Baby' body) Sera's a real cutie, I hope you enjoy her! >w<

Aaand because I can't leave without sharing a picture, here's my Sera on my worktable, still undergoing her robot mods~ha, I'm so slow... She doesn't have a name yet, but I was thinking maybe Flux, or maybe Una but I'm not sure~ I'm terrible at thinking up cute Robot names! XD Does anyone have any suggestions?
      [​IMG]
      Oh and she's wearing 12mm eyes too! :)

10. OMG, she's so cute!! I love the colors you used.

How about 'Vi'? (Pronounced "Vee")

11. Oh the poor Sera on the wrong body ;_; Hope we can see her happy new version soon, when fitting body will arrive :)

Wow, Bandersnatch~! Your Android-Sera looks awesome *w* Vi sounds nice as a name for her~ Where did you get this cute wig?

So... i finally had some dolly time lately and i took my girl out for some pics.... and apparently i'm bad at making pics outside >.> especially in the forest...
      [​IMG]

So to make my girl happy, i organized a home-session with calendar pics as bg ;D And bought her new teddybear :sweat totally not spoiling her...
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm gonna sew some more fantasy-like outfits, since i love those the most for dollies &#9829;

12. @Bandersnatch: I like what you are doing with the modding. I can't wait to see your android girl.
      @Puniko: I like the first picture. Reminds me of a modern version of Red Riding Hood.

I feel bad for not spamming Miyu. I'm thinking on getting her new eyes in a different shade to match her hair.

13. Thank you ^^ You encouraged me to try again. And yes, this thread needs more pic spam~
      Here's mine xD

Irulana with her sis, Vickie, ready for summer fun (they look like they're up to something ;D)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's Irulana as a forest elf queen *w* or something...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sewing for her is so much fun~ I wish day had more hours so i could make more ;D

14. What's a decent price for unicorn version Molly on the Faith body? Because they're limited, are they more in demand?

15. I would say about what it sold for retail.

Nothing Cherish Doll is really "in demand". Not like Soom limiteds or anything anyway.

16. Usually what they paid for or a little bit over if there is extras. Cherish is not a popular company, so their limited dolls are not in demand compare to companies like SOOM.

Updated the front page. I added the measurements for the slim bodies.

17. I finally found the perfect wig for Amber, my Unicorn Molly! :aheartbea She was supposed to be brunette, but when I put her in a blonde wig is just made so much more sense. LOVE HER!

[​IMG]
      New Wig! by Zenna Bug, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      Jade and Amber by Zenna Bug, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      Freckles by Zenna Bug, on Flickr

Still don't have many clothes that I like for her, but at least I finally found some good eyes and a good wig. She's come a long way from the little bald alien sitting on my nightstand!

[​IMG]
      Pre-Faceup by Zenna Bug, on Flickr

And her previous wig, which was just so wrong on her:

[​IMG]
      Amber by Zenna Bug, on Flickr

18. The new wig is very cute on her. :)

The old one made her look angry. Haha

19. I agree with Kielin, it's cute~ I love the color, it's more beige than blonde, but it looks more natural this way :) I'm planning to order a wig for Irulana at For My Doll and this time i'm not gonna make mistake of buying light blonde ;D

I took my girl for a photo session at my friend's garden~ and finally i'm satisfied with pictures i took outside ;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still need to work on the light, but i think i'm making progress xD

Waiting for more pic spam of Faiths~ *w*