1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Children handling your dolls?

Jan 17, 2007

1. My own kids are allowed to touch and play with my dolls with permission. We are working with respecting other people's things thus the need to ask. I know they are gentle and are good with the dolls. There are few kids I know (kids of other other doll collectors) who I would allow if they asked since I know they too are respectful of dolls but otherwise I am relatively distrusting of other kids with my dolls. I have hosted many playgroups at my house and I've seen how destructive some of our friends can be so I am on the side of cautious.

2. I don't have a doll yet, but I think I'd let calm, clean children handle SD and MSD sized dolls while sitting down. As for letting them carry them around and dress them, tinies only. :sweat

3. I trust my eldest two (14 and 12), though they both know they are only to touch the dolls when I'm around, and they know how heavy they are. The younger one has an Obitsu 60 I gave her for Christmas the year she turned 10 and is very careful with dolls.

They both understand how I feel about other people touching them though - I've actually overheard them telling their friends and even their friends' parents that they are not allowed to touch the dolls!

So yes,I trust my own kids - but I wouldn't trust anyone else's, and I don't even trust other adults (you should hear the lectures I give my b/f if I ask him to hold one for a little while when we're out! :sweat) - I'm paranoid about dirty fingers and clumsy hands!

4. Heck no! My doll will be tucked away when children are in the house during parties, since after they see him, I know they will have to play will him. It would be okay with supervision, but I know that it will not stop there, and they will take him out without permission. Not sure how I will deal with this with my own kids. I guess it depends on age, the kids who come over now are 7 and have destroyed many of my video games and lost things of mine because they take them without permission.

5. Well, actually..
      Hm.. If I had Maro right now..
      I'd have to say maybe.. or yes.
      But I know two certain people in my neighborhood, even though they are considered my friend.. They would most likely want to completely undress him ._____.

They. are. sick.
      Yes.
      But my friend, Hailey, who is most likely 5 now..
      She handles all of her toys with so much care they are in mint condition..
      So.. yeah..

I, myself am considered a kid. Your not considered teenage until your 15..
      I'm only 13. ._.
      Trust me, and I'm not very careful of a person with other things.
      And I'm changing that fact about me.. 8D;
      I wouldn't dare touch Maro after eating, even if I am completely clean, without washing and rinsing my hands at least 12 times.. (just to make sure >_>)

6. Dude, just... no. I have two sons, a ten-year old and a nine-year old, and they are so not allowed to touch my dolls. Not because I think they would break them - but have you SEEN the paws of a pre-teen lately? I scrub my OWN hands before touching my dolls (which are just vinyl American Girls atm, at this rate I might be wearing gloves to play with my Beauty White resin ABJDs when they get here :lol: ).

There's no way I'd want to risk little-boy grime mussing my dolls' perfect skin or (heaven forbid) faceups. /dies

7. Oh, I definitely check my own kids' hands before handling with the dolls! They always think their hands are clean and never think about it.

8. I spend a lot of time at my school hanging out with the 3-10 year-olds, and i all the little girls just love my EmilC.! =D I let them hold her if they're nice to me, it's a great way to get favors from them! [usually it's just "could you get me some paper? i'll let you hold Emilie!" Or somthing.] There's this little girl named Jackie who askes to hold her every single day! I love how much they love Emilie, it's like she's just another kid at school. xD

oh yeah, they're hands have to be totally clean though. xD; forgot about that.

9. I've... never let my sisters handle my doll, and they're the only children that have ever been around her. I'm not too picky when it comes to older people (I let people hold Nana at doll meetups all the time, I think that especially if someone doesn't have a doll... holding them really convinces them XD), but... I dunno. It's not that I'm against letting kids handle them, but just that I haven't found the right kid? XD

10. Other kids I'm familiar with, I'd probably let touch the dolls, maybe not hold them. I don't trust kids at all. Probably because of how I was brought up, the environment, I mean.

My younger cousins have broken things of mine before. They're all kind of bratty, if you ask me, I'd never let them touch them. My cousin Meilin, for example. I'm holding Chax or something, aand she walks over and sort of stares at him. I was watching TV at the time, and in a sort of slapping motion she hits Chax on the leg (this cousin kicks me violently, yaknow... same with her older sister though) and says "TOUCH!" in that annoying, child-like, immature, irresponsible and spoiled way.

I rolled my eyes and ignored her, pulling Chax out of reach whenever she came near again.

Lawl. I just don't like kids.

11. You know, it would really depend on the kid. If I knew them to be a gentle, careful person, I would. But I've only had Adrian for 3 months, and I don't know many small children, so this hasn't been an issue, yet^.^;.

12. My sons (10 and 5) are allowed to touch with permission. They are very careful with their own toys so I have no fear of breakage or them getting dirty. My 10yo actually wants a boy bjd of his own and we are working out a deal for him to earn the money. He has other non-bjd boy dolls that he sews and designs for (taught him when he was 5). My 5yo is restricted to supervised visits with them. He would never be rough or do anything to hurt them. He would, however, sneak them all (my one bjd, and the other misc dolls) into his bed to sleep with them like he occasionally does harmlessly with all of my amigurumi that I am less strict with.

13. Definately not with my family. My Cousin Raymond's children are a definate no. They are too rabunctious and hyper. plus they are semi-bratty children. so heck no. As for other family members. Yes. I would let my cousin Jameson hold any of my dolls. He has taken a slight interest, he would never want one. But I'd let him hold my dolls. He knows how to be careful with my stuff. Of course, my fiancee, he's very gentle and takes great care with my things. His mom is a doll collector. Madam Alexander dolls I believe. As for when I have kids. absolutely not. I will keep them out of reach, until they have proven themselves trust worthy enough to handle such delicate collectibles. Mostly because, the last thing I need is a broken doll. Already hard enough to save up for one. Let alone replacing parts of the doll.. >_> so nope.

14. Well, I haven't taken my doll to anywhere with children yet, but this one time someone I know was taking photos of her doll and this random child just went and grabbed at her Bee-A and did this tweaking thing with her leg.

O_O Freaked me out. As a person who has tons of figurines, I don't think I'll let children near anything as delicate as my dolls o_o even the most well-behaved children I know sometimes tend to think that any figurines=action figures and try to turn the head/arm/body part 360 degrees.

15. i don't think i will let many people see my doll, only my closest friends. :aheartbea

16. No kids to worry about here, neither of my brothers will go near her. Though, if my littlest cousins come over, they never get to go in my room. They're too crazy, and my stuff is too breakable.

17. Well first they would have to been clean... after that it would depend on the kid.

The four year old that live across they street? Yes. As long as I explain her before hand that she is very special and fragile she'll be very careful. Though not if any of her friends are over as they are tiny whirlwinds.

My 13 year old cousin? Not in a million years... unless I told him how much she cost. That child is a greedy, spiteful monster, he might just do something to her because he could unless I made good and sure that he understood that if he damaged her, he would be replacing her. He probably wouldn't even walk near her then.

18. My son is turning 4 this month and I completely trust him with my dolls. Even though he is rough with his own toys, he knows not to touch mine when he hasn't washed his hands yet and even then, he knows he can't play with them the same way he plays with his own toys.

I've even brought him to doll-meets and even though I had a heart attack every time the other people at the meet let him carry their dolls, he held them very well and made sure not to drop them. I'm lucky that my own kid is so careful about them though. Other kids who have not been ingrained with the same sense of care for other people's belongings, I'm not sure I'd trust anywhere near my dolls.

19. I don't have my doll just yet, but when I do get her I'm pretty sure I'm not going to let anyone, unless I COMPLETELY trust them to handle her. So young children will most definatly not be aloud. At least, not untell I'm more comfortable with her being around and not convinced she'll shatter if you look at her wrong. :)

20. I have two little boys and my oldest is 2. We taught him to be "nice" to the dogs and the baby, so it was not hard to teach him to be 'nice' to my dolls. He never tries to touch them when they are sitting out. He does love to curl up next to me on the couch and rub Syren's mohair wig when I am holding her though. He did that for a half an hour one day! But I would *not* let him hold them because he has quite the temper on him.

My 6 month old is furiously curious though and wants to do everything big brother does, so when my 2 year old is patting hair, I let the baby paw at Syren's DD2 body (again, while I'm holding her). It's only vinyl after all. Besides, how else will they understand about my dolls if I don't let them near them? Eventually, I will teach them more and they will be able to hold them and all that jazz. They are slowly being exposed to respecting other peoples' things, and how to treat delicate or important things.

Any other kids though? That's a great big Hell No, good buddy. :)