1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Clothes and wigs for Bobobie 60cm male? D:

Jan 10, 2008

1. I want to get Apollo from Bobobie, but I don't think he comes with a wig....or clothes....
      Does anyone know which brand would fit him of clothes? Wigs?
      Please and thank you! :)

2. I've seen two measurements for bobobie apollo's foot length. Is it 7.2 cm or 7.5 cm?

I was looking to buy this pair of sneakers, but don't know if they'll fit. And I don't have my doll yet. The inside measurement of the shoe is 7.2cm.

3. If they're shoes from Luts, they ought to fit. I got a pair for my Apollo, and they're actually a tad loose (though I'm sure socks would help.)

I just measured Kha's foot, it's 7.2 cm according to my measuring tape.

4. I'm pretty sure he comes bald and naked. I know denverdoll has him and that will lower shipping price if you're in the USA. They also sell wigs for pretty cheap his wig size is 8/9 I think (I'm just going by my measurements) and as for clothes, they're on page 2. I think it was Tusspot that wrote it.
      Though his measurements were posted somewhere on that page also if you plan on making him clothes ^^

5. Oh wow, thank you so much.

I'm also getting a Bobobie boy (Weylin) fairly soonish, and ... well, being contrary like that, even if there weren't all these problems with finding clothes I'd *still* just make my own. So this is wonderfully helpful!

May I request one other measurement though? I'd like the underarm to the waist, please.

I'm also contemplating the idea of putting up clothes for him in the market place, if there's any interest in somewhat ... abnormally historical? ... clothing. Maybe some free patterns as well, in time ...

6. Sure! From under his arm to a bit past the waist joint is 9.5 cm. From the underarm to to top of the waist joint, it's 9 cm exactly.

7. I've got a Weylin and ALL my 8-9 wigs are huge on him, I'm going to try a 7-8 . . . sounds like I'm going to have similiar trouble that people have with DOT heads . . . of which I have two on the way also!

8. I have purchase this last summer my first doll, a bobobei Apollo. When I went to find him a wig I notice all sorts of different companies (Leeke, Monica, Luts) Those are the ones I like the most

I thought and was pretty sure of the size I would need, 7/8. But when I got a Monice wig it was a 8/9. When I got a Luts, the 7/8 wigs were too small, so then I got a Leeke wig (8/9) and now its totally too BIG.

Does anyone know, what size I should be looking for from these company for my type of doll? I have wasted so much money on wigs that don't fit.

Please I need help to figure out what or where I need to be looking to get the right size for my doll.

Thanks~

9. For a Weylin Boy 60 cm doll, what size wig do I need and what size eyes do I need?

10. I just got a Weylin, and all my 8/9 wigs are big on him. I landed up using one of the wigs I use for my Iple House and DOT boys. Those wigs are a straight size 8.

I also get size 8 wigs from CanCan wigs on Ebay.

Im not sure about the eye size. I have a pair of large glass 18mm eyes in him. I tired some 16mm but the eye-well is kind of wonky, and they appeared to be too small with large gaps on either side. Im thinking I need to get a pair of soft-glass eyes for the fit will be proper.

11. Okay, so anyone that owns a Bobobie Apollo/Weylin knows that it is difficult to find clothing, wigs, etc to fit. I too have this problem.

Therefore, I propose that we compile together and figure out what works and what doesn't. That way countless amounts of money won't be spent on clothes that are too baggy, too small, or :| just fall right off.

I have some info, but not enough.

12. Here we go...

Dream of Doll: D.O.T 8~8.5 inch wigs fit great. I personally use velcro to keep them from sliding, but they look fantastic.

Typically, any shoes that measure 7.5cm should fit. I purchased mine from Mimiwoo on ebay, so explore on that one. Note though that since Bobobie are slim, boots that go to the knees tend to be too big after you get much higher than half way up the calf.

The only clothes that I have had the opportunity to try on my Bobobie Apoll are from Dollmore.com. Dollmore Model M skinny clothing fits well. If it says tight it will generally fit as well.

If anyone would like, I can post pictures of my boy.

Eyes... well, I personally like 14mm, but Bobobie default eyes are 18mm so have fun with what you think looks best for you. The more white, the older/more mature your doll will generally look (or so I have been told).

13. That would be wonderful! I really want to get an Apollo myself, but due to the lack of pictures on the Bobobie website, any pictures of him would be greatly appreciated! :)

14. Give me this evening to take some photos and whatnot and I should be able to get it all posted tomorrow or Wednesday.

Let me know what sort of things you would like to see/know that way I don't miss taking a picture that is vital for your understanding.

15. Hmm... I don't know of how late this response is, but I was passing through to find any info on Leeke wigs as I've had this problem. I think they may run a little bit big. I ordered my Apollo an 8/9 (which is the size of the Roxie wig I bought and it fits near perfect) but it was way too big (and unfortunately I won't get anything back for returning it so I have an extra way too big wig sitting around), so after waiting quite some time I'm going to try a 7/8 and hope it's not too small.

From seeing that other people are having the same issues with the Leeke wigs and their Bobobies I think I'm going to buy the 7/8 with a little more confidence... I can post my results here if need be as well.

OH! And as for pics of Apollo's, here's mine. I think I've showed these here before but I'll just link 'em again. He's dyed and is wearing an 8/9 Roxie wig from Monique.
      http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/SuperDuckyWho/tail006.jpg
      http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/SuperDuckyWho/tail008.jpg

(Pardon the bad quality. The're done with a not so good camera and they're a bit old but I think they show him well enough)

16. Confirming that the Leeke 7/8 fits though very snug.

17. Hm, I don't really have a ton of free time, but it seems there are a lot of people who are looking for clothes for these dolls. I just ordered a Weylin and I'm certainly going to have to make him a starter outfit at least.

If anyone knows specific patterns that would fit Weylin, let me know and I might start a simple Jeans and t-shirt type thing, so people have clothes for their big skinny boys, if only as something to wear when they show up and are hunting for more elaborate things.

I do have a couple of Volks pattern books... I don't know if anything in there will fit him, but I'll try some of that too... otherwise I'll just make, or hunt down a basic pattern set... jeans and t-shirts.

I'd also love to invent a system for people who, if they have old jeans to donate them for their own dolls clothes... I love recycling!

But first... need to establish a pattern source....

18. I've got some eyes and wigs on the way, we'll see how well they fit!

19. I'm not sure about other outfis from them, but I know Angell-Studio's black/white punk outfit fits Bobobie boys fairly well. The pants are a bit loose and sit kind of low on the hips, but I like that fit on my guy, so it doesn't bother me. The shirt and vest fit well, though the shirt sleeves are a little long. Again, I like the look, so I'm not bothered. As for wigs, you may want to try AOD. I just got (from someone here) this wig, and it fits my Weylin beautifully without velcro (which was holding his previous one on) or rubber bands.

20. Thanks!!! That's great to know and their range has increased substantially since I last checked their site, however all their wigs are out of stock . . . . hopefully they'll restock some time in the future . . .

Do you have photos on DoA already of that wig on your Weylin?