1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Clothing for Dollzone 70cm boys?

Aug 24, 2006

1. I doubt it because the biggest doll they have is the Senior Delf's and they only stand to about 62.5cm's. :) Unless you want Cam to wear highwaters!! :mwahaha

2. Seconded! :) My DZ Yuu is on order but I'm already thinking about what other clothes I want to get him... :lol:
      I'd really love to get him a super-smart business suit in the long run, and though part of me is tempted to just go with the DZ one (because it will definitely fit), I'm really pining for something a bit different. Top of my list right now is the Dollmore Model M skinny fit pinstripe suit:
      http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=3184
      My fear though is that it might be ~too~ skinny in places (waist, etc.?). ^^; Anyone have real-life experience of this suit? If a DZ boy struggles to get into it then maybe I'd look at something like the non-skinny-fit suit:
      http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=676
      Or perhaps a Hound suit by the likes of IpleHouse or CheeryDoll...

Guess I'm interested to know if anyone's got a 70cm DZ boy into a posh suit other than DZ's own, really... and how good it looks! :kitty1

3. I guess it depends on what you're looking for, but I commissioned some pajama shorts that could fit DZ boys from Wifey, and I love them XD

[​IMG]

4. Actually I've heard that Dollmore Model clothes fit a little loosely on DZ boys so I think you should be fine either way! I just bought some Hound jeans from Cheerydoll for my boy and they are just a little snug but they look awesome!! I'll have to get some pictures sometime.

5. Dollzone arms are MUCH shorter than Model Doll arms, which are even longer then Dollshe arms! Dollshe arms are longer than Dollzone arms, too, but it would be a better match for fit.

6. Ooh, thanks for the info, shiro_usagi and bakayaro onna! That's given me some food for thought. :D
      What's quite spooky was that I was just checking out Cheerydoll jeans when I saw shiro_usagi's post... wooOOoo! :o :lol:

7. Dollshe wrists are much narrower than Dollzone though! And Dollzone hands are HUGE! So anything that doesn't open or has narrow wrists will be difficult to get on.

The wool jacket from Iplehouse is fantastic (hound size version of this one: http://www.iplehouse.net/shop/step1.php?number=284), but I have to take my Yuu's hands off to get it on. This Jun shirt from Luts won't clasp around the wrist. It has to be pulled back to the narrower part of the forearm. I also had to take his head off the first couple of times I tried putting it on because it wouldn't take the arms and the head at the same time. Yuu is a bit broad shouldered there. It is very thin material, and the S hook poked a hole in it before I knew what happened.

These Dollmore model man pants fit a bit baggy
      . They stick out in the back and show plumbers crack though the belt helps some. The belt is cheap though. The eyelets will pull right through the material if you aren't careful. And the blue dye in the pants will stain the resin!!! I have washed them, and they still rub off. So far a magic eraser seems to take the stain off the resin though.

8. These jeans are too short on the legs for my DZ boy, but the waist is fine except that it's a little tight in the *cough* crotch area... :sweat

This top is very big on Xander, the arms are far too long and the shoulders on the top are too wide.

I also have the basic model man sneakers. They are too big but will stay on if he is wearing socks.

He also has model man boxers, but again, like the jeans, he really pokes out of them... XD

I've not tried hound clothes on him other than shoes from magic tailor, they fit fine. :)

I can also get one or two SD13 tops on him as long as they are the ones that close up at the back.

9. I'm PRETTY sure you guys won't give me trouble for asking this, but just in case -- if you absolutely HATEHATEHATE Dollzone, please keep that out of this thread. Pretend I'm asking about any other doll of this size. Maturity is appreciated, thank you!

Now, I'm planning to buy a DZ Yuu within (ideally) two or three weeks, depending on how well my art sells at MangaNEXT *hopehopehope*

Problem is, I'm pretty damned new to dolls, and since the one I have coming in any day now is SD-sized, that's...pretty much the only clothing I've been concerning myself with. xD And MSD stuff is easy to find as well, because it's usually MARKED MSD.

But Yuu is a 70cm doll (say that out loud and giggle with me xD), and I have NO idea where to find clothes for them. I don't want to be limited to JunkySpot, either. D:

So what size category would I be looking into? Halp! D:

10. I have a DZ Yuu myself, and it's a bit complicated to find clothing for him, I must say ^^U I'm quite a newbie to dolls too, and I'm sewing myself his clothing, but as far as I know, Hound clothes may fit him, taking into account that the Hound mold is thinner than the DZ. And of course, you can buy him clothing at the Dollzone website, but they have only four different outfits T__T
      And concerning the category, you should look for SD sized clothing, but note that they're a bit smaller than the Yuu.
      Hope I've been of any help ^__^

11. I know you said you don't want to limit yourself to JunkySpot, but unfortunately there aren't a whole lot of choices for 70cm (to my knowledge). I've pretty much started looking for a smaller body to put a Wing head on because then at least I could find a better selection of clothes to fit him.
      Otherwise I'd say you could take the measurements for the 70cm doll's body parts and make yourself some perdy doll clothes nn; That or just trial and error when it comes to buying clothes intended to fit different sized dolls.

12. I have a 70cm Wing, but his pants were a comission and his shirt was made by me, so I haven't actually bought him any clothes. But from what I've heard from other members, clothes for these boys are kind of hit or miss. Some Hound/Dollshe clothes fit, as do some Dollmore Model Doll clothes. The best thing to do is try to get measurements of the outfit in question from the seller, and compare it to his actual measurements.

Also, I know of a website or two that sells clothes for him, I'll try to dig the links up..

Edit: Ok, here's one that sells street clothes that supposedly fit him, although I haven't seen any personally so I can't vouch for them. And Featherfall has some fantasy outfits that are supposed to fit DZ 70cm. Good luck. ^_^

13. I received my DZ Yuu on monday and may I say - good choice!!! :D
      I am beginning to sew clothes for him as it seems to be very hard to find them, dz clothes are nice and all but not your every day wear :lol:
      There is a thread somewhere with patterns for SD's perhaps you could tweak them to fit your Yuu, that is what I am doing, I shall find the link for you in a sec :)
      Btw, are you getting NS or WS? just out of curiosity lol :sweat

Here is the link:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146073

14. Probably NS, as my boy who's supposed to be pale is WS, and the character that my Yuu will be is pale, but not THAT pale. xD

And shoot, I was hoping to not have to make clothes. :C Haven't really got time for it, but I guess I'll have to. I'll check out these links when I get home from work. XD

15. Congrats on new boy!
      I sew clothes for my DZ 70 cm boy and I also do commisions!
      Feel free to pm me . :)

16. Paul_Julian:
      I presume you were congratulating me lol so thank you :D
      Oh cool, thanks, I shall have a look at your FS thread(s) :D

SilverWinglie:
      I have the NS and it really is a nice colour (although I have no comparison) and the defaut faceup is awesome! I got mine from junkyspot and Emory said that the faceups were particularly good atm :) When he gets his wig (hurry up posties :| ) then I shall post pics, he refuses to be photographed without :sweat

If I find any more then I shall let you know :)

17. :) Yes , I was congratulating you. Uriel is NS also , but he's yellow type (pity I didnt know that I can order pink NS :( ) . He's got Hound's NS head which is pink, but well, I will try my best to do better faceup for him to hide the resin no match :)

As for clothes: I dont have much for sale atm , and you might found those not interesting. But dont let it get to you and please pm me if you want longsleeve shirt or tank top or pants.
      The fact that I dont have it on sale doesn't mean I am not able to sew it.
      :)

18. Unfortunately there's not much as far as clothes go for this size range, and finding shoes for the DZ boys is near impossible outside of what DZ currently offers.

For the moment, you might be better off sewing clothes for him or commission someone to make a few things. He can fit into some of the Model (Dollmore) and Hound-sized clothes, but even then it's hit or miss. But don't let that stop you from getting him - he's totally worth it! :)

19. I use model doll clothes. They're a little big, but they do work.

20. DZ Yuu is a great choice. Can you tell I have one?

Magic Taylor on ebay sell some trousers/jeans that fit, and their 'converse' style sneakers fit. Some of their t/shirts fit too, but you have to remove the head to get them on which is not ideal.

Some Modeldoll trousers fit, but not the tighter styles. Yuu is rather well built! They also do a leather bikers jacket which fits well, but its a bit of a struggle to get his hands thru the sleeves.

There is a member here on DoA, Smile_again, who makes some fantastic clothes for DZ guys, I have one of her outfits and it is amazingly detailed, I highly recommend her. Look out for her on the Marketplace.

And Batchix, again here on DoA takes commisions for DZ guys. She's making some jeans and a poets shirt for Remy (my Yuu).