1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Clothing for Volks SD16 girls?

Dec 19, 2006

1. Yaaaay! :D Thank you so much Vulpes!!! *hugs!* I'm so glad to hear that!! I'm gonna snap up a ton of these beauties!

2. Just as an FYI... SD16's high heel feet and SD13 high heel feet are not the same. They might be the same *size*, but SD16's require a much more steep angle for her to actually be able to stand! None of the SD13 high-heel shoes I've bought have worked. So just be aware of that.

3. My SD13 girl can't stand in the monique shoes, her ankle doesn't depress enough for her to balance. XD Sad really, the poor girl can just lounge about sexilly. (not that she seems to mind.) Honestly, for the price, it may be worth trying a pair just to see.

4. I bought a pair a few months ago. They really don't fit well at all. They are quite a bit larger. I took some quick and dirty pictures comparing them to a Volks shoe for the SD16 and I'll upload them shortly so you can check it out.

5. Pics:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The shoe with the buckle is the Volks shoe and the open-toe shoe is from Monique. The sole of the Monique shoe is very flexible, as well, which makes the whole fit really unstable.

6. Is there anyone who has and commissions for SD16? I have an Amelia and she is a clothes horse!

7. Okay I've used the search option but nothing came up.
      But I'm really curious about what size female tops/shirts/upperwear a SD16 girl can wear, [I'm not looking for boy shirts] cause her chest/bust is about 3cm larger than other girls.

Thanks in advance ^_^

Sabriell

8. She has a very wide torso, so loose fitting clothes can fit her fine. I don't have many brand name outfits to try on mine, but some DD outfits fit her, just watch out if they're tight! They'll fit on the bottom, but not on top! I have a DD bikini: the bottom fits perfectly, but the top no where near reaches around her chest. :(

9. I have found that she fits into Model Doll Tops but the pants are too long (of course). She fits into all my L-Bust Dollfie Dream stuff that has a bit stretch to it or is just a touch big on my DD. I think there is already a thread about this some where (off to look...)

10. mclamm, s2kitty takes commissions I think... she's a great seamstress! :3

11. I tried some SD13 outfits on my Garnet. Only the bottoms worked. The tops are somewhat tight or unable to snap due to her bust and shoulders. So larger or looser tops are perhaps a good way to go.

12. I've been have some difficulty find clothes or even patterns for my girl. So far, I think there are like 3-5 people who sew for this size and sell here through the marketplace... Also Dollmore's Model Doll clothes sort of works and of course, Volks' clothing lineup. Does anyone have any idea where else to search?

13. I would like to know this also. I wish Volks would sell some outfits on line from the Last Dollfa Party in LA. But I never seem to be able to get them before they run out.

14. Does anyone know if Dollheart SD13 outfits fit SD16 girls? I'm attempted to get an outfit or two.

15. Ya know, if there is anyone in Eastern PA who could "lend" me a doll to drape on I could make some stuff in Limited Editions for you all. I need a doll to measure and drape/fit on otherwise it won't work well but I don't own an SD16 (one of my dream dolls!). CRY!
      But this is one hell of a leap of faith for a volenteer. I would not want to keep her for any length of time, just barrow her, with you there, for a day (maybe a number of fittings). Maybe you could get one of each outfit that is developed as payment?
      Ok, I'm nuts for even suggesting this! I know....

16. I tried on outfits from Dollhart on both of my SD 16 girls. It depends on the outfit you want to get. I got an outfit that stretches out far, so it fits well. Some volks SD 13 girl clothing fits as well. It just depends on how its made and how far is stretches. I don't really care if it doesn't fit in the back to well. I just wing it and find a way to fix the outfit to fit right. :)

17. I have a dollheart jacket which fits my girl but the rest of her clothes are custom. I ordered a Fer which I will attempt to cram on her body, I am doubtful but I love Fers too much not to try! I can feel her clothing pain though because I know what its like to have size 2 hips and size 6+ shoulders x_x

18. I just got through making a dress for my Fin who wheres sd16 outfits.
      It was a Sooah size Pattern from Maggie Dawson. I increased the pattern 10% and it worked perfect. Maggie has some great patterns, she has a lot for the Tonner Doll- Ellowyne, I thought about trying to enlarge those for My Fin, they are such cute outfits.
      Also Auguste who makes those lovely Crochet outfits, make things for Fin/SD16 girls. She made me a lovely Pink skirt and Top.
      Here is Maggies site
      http://dolloutfits.com/

19. Just as the title asks, I'm wondering if Luts Senior Delf girl clothing will fit on an SD16 girl. I compared their measurements and they appear to be pretty close, although SD16's have a larger bust line and smaller waist. I have a feeling that anything fitted wouldn't work, but more loose clothing should be ok. However, I'd love if someone has actual experience trying Senior Delf clothes on an SD16 girl. :)

20. I have both doll types and in general, they can't share clothes particularly well. SD16 girls are taller and have longer arms and legs. They have a more athletic body overall, with broader shoulders and back and a considerably larger bust and smaller waist. If the garment is fitted at all it just will not work.

I think the biggest problem will be the SD16 girl's broader back/shoulders and bust size. She fits more comfortably into SD13 boy shirts than SDF girl's. In terms of pants, unless they're cut very low on the hip, SDF girl pants will be quite baggy in the waist and they'll be short. The SD16 girl is somewhat taller than the SDF girl.

Shoes can be shared, but only if the SD16 girl is wearing her flat feet. The steeper arch of the SD16 girl's high heel foot won't fit into the SDF girl's shoe.