1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Clothing & Shoes for Soom Mecha Angel guys?

Aug 10, 2008

1. I'm really hoping that now Soom is winding down on the Zodiac dolls they'll get around to really producing nice lines of clothing for ALL of their doll sizes! :eusa_pray

My Corvi is still sitting around in the same clothing. :/ I really don't like highwater pants and 3/4 length sleeves for him, his character is too fussy for that. I have gotten him into some t-shirts made for 70cm guys but they are still a bit short in the waist and they really aren't my guys style either.

2. I hear you on that, idrisfynn. My boy (I really shouldn't call him a boy, he's like.. a bazillion years older than me)... but yeah, Hati isn't into the type of clothes that's available over at Soom for MAs. He's more along the lines of the 'refined gentleman' look, so suits would be nice for him. Or, at the very least, a nice long winter coat, a decent pair of pants that isn't leather or denim and shoes that aren't huge biker boots XD

In saying that, I don't think I have much choice in what I can buy him for his first set of clothes; unless I decide to commission someone to make clothes for him >___<

EDIT: Can someone give me the waist measurement for the male MAs? I'm trying to compare sizes between MAs and other larger dolls to see if I can get away with buying non-MA clothes that way, but I can't seem to find the MA's waist measurement on the Soom site o.O

3. Hey, im going to be getting a Sabik within the next few months and wondered if anyone knew of any other doll sites that made clothes to fit the larger mecha angel dolls?

Any links, help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

4. The only one I can think of, off the top of my head, is Tata's paradise (she has a thread here in the DoA marketplace which has more clothes on offer than there is at her actual website)....

I've been having trouble trying to find places that sell MA sized clothing too, but I think some of the Dollmore stuff that's Glamour Model and Model doll sized would probably fit a MA. At least, the shirts probably would... the trousers/pants might be a bit short on a Sabik :sweat

5. I have the same plans too. But as of now, I'm currently working on patterns to fit sd13, sd17 and 70cm boys. Once I am happy with the patterns for those sizes, I will move on to Mecha Angel size. ^^

But the clothes I'll be making will mostly be menswear like slacks, blazers, collarshirts, dress shirts, poloshirts, v-necks, etc. ^^

In other words, I will be making Mecha Angel sized clothes here on DoA in the future, so please keep your eyes out for my shop. :)

6. Thank you for your help! ^.^ it means alot! Now i have a bit more variety for shopping for my boy! :fangirl:

7. Maybe someone should ask Soom to make more clothes for their dolls instead of more dolls for a while. I really want my Mecha Angel to have more of a variety of pants and shoes and tops, goodness I have had a time finding him some decent shoes to wear:sweat

8. Really? I thought MAs could wear some SD13 sized shoes? I know my DoI and SDF can share shoes (I buy SD13 shoes for them) so I was hoping my Sabik would be able to wear their shoes too. If not, Dollmore model size shoes should fit since Dollmore shoes are always waaaaaay too big >__>

9. It'd be great if soom did make more MA clothing- the stuff I ordered with my Sabik so he wasn't sat starkers for months [not that there's an issue having that good a body on display!] was really nice!

10. What shoes from Dollmore(or any other doll sites) would fit sabik?

11. Wonder if CW Mecha Angel male could change to have Dollshe DSAM paleskin feet so that they could wear SSDF shoes? Will the DSAM feet fit them??

12. Mecha Angel feet would fit in SSDF shoes! They'd be a little bit too big actually. All the pairs I have for my guy are 9cm on the inside, and they fit him great, SSDF ones are listed at 11cm on the inside.

13. candygears: Thx dear, what I thought is if they can swop to have the DS DSAM feet first,not sure if the joint ball matches!

14. I use dollmore shoes for my Male mechas and regular SD platforms from ebay for my female mechas.
      You just have to squish the foot in the first time to stretch out the toe part. After that, they always fit great.
      [​IMG]

15. I've just discovered that the Dollmore pseudo-Nazi uniforms, at least the coat part (wouldn't vouch for pants and shirts), fit Sabiks extremely well.

16. please delete

17. Bumping up~!

I just bought a Saiph and want to know more places where I could find clothing and shoes =D

18. I'm bumping this to ask if Dollmore Glamour Model (not Model) clothes fit Sabiks. I found the perfect suit on there for my guy but it's $100 and I would absolutely HATE to waste money on something that won't fit him and would be way too big for all my other dolls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I actually managed to find what I was looking for: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?239024-Pros-and-Cons-of-Soom-Mecha-Angels/page6 Just leaving this here for anyone who may have a similar question.

19. The Angell Studios Kimonos (At least the silver/white one. I haven't tried the green/gold one on him yet.) fit Mecha boys very well! The satin belts are snug, but can be made to work. Otherwise it's just about perfect!

20. Dusts off this old thread. Anyone found any new sources for male clothing? It doesn't look like TaTa's Paradise sells the Sabik clothing anymore. I can find the category, but no actual Sabik sized clothing still stocked.